X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The States: North Dakota is Still the Worst

continue

Originally posted by scooby
    What focus? So, we should just bury the story and pretend it never happened. Sure. That's probably why the Wisconsin vote yesterday went the way it did.
    I'm saying her single vote objectively didn't matter and that's why it's not worth spending a lot of time on. As for WI:

Last edited by trixR4kids; 04-03-2019, 10:44 AM.

Re: The States: North Dakota is Still the Worst

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    continue

I'm saying her single vote objectively didn't matter and that's why it's not worth spending a lot of time on. As for WI:

The answer is the democratic electorate is what's wrong. And there seems to be nothing that can be done about it.

Comment

No not really, blaming independent individuals for institutional failures is silly.

Comment

No not really, blaming independent individuals for institutional failures is silly.
        What institutional failures are you referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
          What institutional failures are you referring to?
          The fact that a lot of these close important down ballot races almost always seem to go to conservatives tells me that the party needs to do a better job of bringing attention to these races and turning people out. Especially when you're talking about beating a complete bigot which shouldn't be all that difficult even in WI.

Comment

The fact that a lot of these close important down ballot races almost always seem to go to conservatives tells me that the party needs to do a better job of bringing attention to these races and turning people out. Especially when you're talking about beating a complete bigot which shouldn't be all that difficult even in WI.

Did the bigot have superior institutional support though? If not, I think that kind of proves my point. The other side doesn't seem to need to have someone to hold their hand on the way to their polling place.

Comment

Did the bigot have superior institutional support though? If not, I think that kind of proves my point. The other side doesn't seem to need to have someone to hold their hand on the way to their polling place.
              The Dem institution has a habit of ignoring down ballot races and this is just one of many examples.

Comment

Yup. This one is Not Good. Dems needed this win and one next year to control the state supreme court and therefore redistricting. No hope of that now. Unreal.

In court races you can't run as a partisan, so the ad campaign is by rule going to be vanilla for both candidates. That means it comes down to which voter base wants it more, and in down ballot races unfortunately its Republicans in Wisconsin. With all the razor thin races in WI, it astounds me that people don't realize that their vote counts, or that they could have fundamentally changed the way the state is governed.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  Yup. This one is Not Good. Dems needed this win and one next year to control the state supreme court and therefore redistricting. No hope of that now. Unreal.

In court races you can't run as a partisan, so the ad campaign is by rule going to be vanilla for both candidates. That means it comes down to which voter base wants it more, and in down ballot races unfortunately its Republicans in Wisconsin. With all the razor thin races in WI, it astounds me that people don't realize that their vote counts, or that they could have fundamentally changed the way the state is governed.
                  I'm sure Perez had his reasons.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Wisconsin is making a case for worst.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yeah, but this putz freshy legislator from Minot is making a case to keep ND in the #1 slot.

https://bismarcktribune.com/news/loc...853c397a4.html

Before you ask 'why is this idiot' .... Minot.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Wisconsin is making a case for worst.
                        Nah. There's always those two states along the Gulf of Mexico east of the Mississippi River. Individually and collectively, they're all plotting their own destructions.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Nah. There's always those two states along the Gulf of Mexico east of the Mississippi River. Individually and collectively, they're all plotting their own destructions.
                          West Virginia says hold my still.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm starting to feel personally victimized by the titles of "The States: threads...
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              I'm starting to feel personally victimized by the titles of "The States: threads...
                              As someone who is Nodak born, democrat, and living in Wisconsin, I'm feeling the laser dot too.

Comment

Working...
                              X