Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Not this insane.
    I hadn’t paid attention to this part, but how bad were they again? Compared to other years?
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      I hadn’t paid attention to this part, but how bad were they again? Compared to other years?
      Believe people have been reporting $300 for an all session pass.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

It *should* feel like a UMass home game tomorrow. They haven't been good in any major sport for quite some time and now have a chance to win it all. With that said, probably going to be a lot of empty seats. Hopefully Buffalo was just a bad choice and this isn't the norm going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          It *should* feel like a UMass home game tomorrow. They haven't been good in any major sport for quite some time and now have a chance to win it all. With that said, probably going to be a lot of empty seats. Hopefully Buffalo was just a bad choice and this isn't the norm going forward.
          Buffalo was an excellent host so far and I really don't think it was a bad choice. This might just be the norm moving forward until the NCAA gets a ****ing clue about pricing.

Then again, it might just be a bad site, I don't know. But it's not like there aren't good bars and restaurants around town. And there's plenty to do and see around here. Toronto is just a two-hour drive away. Hockey hall of fame and the Blue Jays. It's too bad the Bison were out of town. Catching a AAA game there looks like it would have been fun.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Buffalo might be a great "host" but as a neutral, I had no plans of ever making a trip out of it. If we're talking Nashville, Vegas...that gets my wife interested and I am more likely to make a trip out of it. With the closest team still being a 6 hour drive, that obviously didn't help either.

Comment

But if you're saying that local fan interest in Buffalo was down because of pricing, alright that's definitely something to look at. But that goes back to someone with a calculator determining that what they made on ticket sales is more than what they would make if they lowered prices and had a better atmosphere.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                But if you're saying that local fan interest in Buffalo was down because of pricing, alright that's definitely something to look at. But that goes back to someone with a calculator determining that what they made on ticket sales is more than what they would make if they lowered prices and had a better atmosphere.
                The sad reality, I’m sure.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

And this is what I never understood. If you lower the price by 25% and get 25% more people, you come out ahead, because you can't leave the building so the concessions sales increase dramatically. Unless they don't get much of the concessions revenue???

Comment

Buffalo might be a great "host" but as a neutral, I had no plans of ever making a trip out of it. If we're talking Nashville, Vegas...that gets my wife interested and I am more likely to make a trip out of it. With the closest team still being a 6 hour drive, that obviously didn't help either.
                    We went in 2003, and while the game was nice, the city didn't have much going for it- the best we could find was in the public library to spend time before the game.

Add in the cost of the tickets and how we got really bad seats in the biggest NHL rink in the country- pass.

It's interesting to see so few people there, as in 2003, we only bought Championship game tickets, and still went after our team got beat in the Semi.

Still, seat availability in Chicago left a very, very bad taste in our mouth. Costs need to come down a LOT for us to re-consider after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      Which once again proves the adage of "a two-goal lead is the worst lead in hockey." UMass has played like this all year. They're streaky and they're phenomenal when they're good, but sometimes they get cocky and just stop playing.
                      I would’ve agreed with you until I started coaching — I’d much rather have a 2 goal cushion than a 1 goal cushion.
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post

Not against the team, against their insufferable fans who think they are blue bloods.
                        They’re well on their way to becoming a blue blood, are they not?

Some of the arrogance the fan base has shown sucks, but when you’re consistently winning in March and April, three straight title games, guys playing in the World Juniors and NHL regularly, I’d say you’re well on your way to becoming a blue blood.
                        AF 99

Comment

And this is what I never understood. If you lower the price by 25% and get 25% more people, you come out ahead, because you can't leave the building so the concessions sales increase dramatically. Unless they don't get much of the concessions revenue???
                          It’s been almost 15 years since the last time this event flirted with 10% empty/unsold seats, so I doubt that anyone’s had to consider this for a loooong time.

I’m sure their strategy is to keep increasing prices until something like this happens. What will be curious is to see how pricing is changed for Detroit, Pittsburgh, and Boston with this in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                            I would’ve agreed with you until I started coaching — I’d much rather have a 2 goal cushion than a 1 goal cushion.
                            Well it depends on what level you're coaching at. Young kids are fearless. I guess my point was UMass got so "cautious" that they stopped playing. I think they would have kept the foot on the gas with only a one-goal lead. The other factor was that they were totally gassed after the 2nd period. It's almost as if scoring all those goals in succession (and I think they forgot they had a 2-man advantage twice) made them all full of themselves that this was going to be easy. They just seemed to be waiting for the clock to run down after that. And I have seen that with them all year. They play in spurts, which is NOT what you want to do in these games. Teams have pride and they are not going to quit. Hopefully UMass learned a lesson last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              I’m not hopping on a $500-$600 flight, $300 ticket, etc. to go to Buffalo without my team there — totally with you though; I’d be there if it were Vegas, Nashville, Tampa, etc.
                              AF 99

Comment

Well it depends on what level you're coaching at. Young kids are fearless. I guess my point was UMass got so "cautious" that they stopped playing. I think they would have kept the foot on the gas with only a one-goal lead. The other factor was that they were totally gassed after the 2nd period. It's almost as if scoring all those goals in succession (and I think they forgot they had a 2-man advantage twice) made them all full of themselves that this was going to be easy. They just seemed to be waiting for the clock to run down after that. And I have seen that with them all year. They play in spurts, which is NOT what you want to do in these games. Teams have pride and they are not going to quit. Hopefully UMass learned a lesson last night.
                                I’ve coached High School hockey for the last 7 years. I get the sentiment, but part of it is on the coaching staff to make sure the players don’t get off their game plan and let off the gas. Preparing them for situations like that throughout the season, etc. that wasn’t the first time UMASS has had a 2 goal lead.

Momentum can swing drastically and turn a 2 goal lead into a tie real quick, but I’m always taking the 2 goal lead over the 1 goal lead.
                                AF 99

Comment

Working...
                                X