Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Off Season

Originally posted by sacole13 View Post
    I read the free stuff but the recruit info is under the pay window.
    Click on the players' names they have all the stats, etc.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

JWU hires Bowdoin assistant Eric Graham.

https://providence.jwuathletics.com/...20190610rl2ct4
      Last edited by joecct; 06-11-2019, 03:22 PM.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

USA Hockey will be implementing a new rule starting the 2019-20 season, giving an Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty for banging on the boards.

What are your thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
          USA Hockey will be implementing a new rule starting the 2019-20 season, giving an Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty for banging on the boards.

What are your thoughts?
          Banging the boards after a blow up hit. They want the check delivered with the blade of the stick down near the ice with the purpose of gaining posession of the puck. Anything else is a trip to the box.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Banging the boards after a blow up hit. They want the check delivered with the blade of the stick down near the ice with the purpose of gaining posession of the puck. Anything else is a trip to the box.
            Yea that's a hot topic. They feel the "violence" in the game is why kids arent playing....dont mind the 10k+ pricetag to play youth hockey these days....the whole phrase "finish your check" is being eliminated from the game as well....
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
              Yea that's a hot topic. They feel the "violence" in the game is why kids arent playing....dont mind the 10k+ pricetag to play youth hockey these days....the whole phrase "finish your check" is being eliminated from the game as well....
              Lawyers. Which is why at the youth level, ANY contact to the head is to be penalized (2+10 or 5+game). No such thing as "incidental" contact.

The other biggie to come out of the annual meeting is the requirement that all players 17 years of age and older as of 12/31 who play on the same team as minor children (defined as under 18) MUST take SafeSport training before they can be rostered. This requirement was imposed by the Congress and USOC and will apply to all sports.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Lawyers. Which is why at the youth level, ANY contact to the head is to be penalized (2+10 or 5+game). No such thing as "incidental" contact.

The other biggie to come out of the annual meeting is the requirement that all players 17 years of age and older as of 12/31 who play on the same team as minor children (defined as under 18) MUST take SafeSport training before they can be rostered. This requirement was imposed by the Congress and USOC and will apply to all sports.

So essentially all midget major and junior teams must require their players to complete safesport. Or in other words, another reason for the older players to haze the younger players for wasting their time completing safesport. Good one USA hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by d3hockey57 View Post
                  So essentially all midget major and junior teams must require their players to complete safesport. Or in other words, another reason for the older players to haze the younger players for wasting their time completing safesport. Good one USA hockey.
                  They haze, they violate SafeSport and it's a hearing before some unfriendly people.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Mike Eaves leaves Stolaf to coach in the AHL.

https://***********/bluejacketsnhl/s...162096134?s=21
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Plattsburgh State hires Reid Lesswing. https://gocardinalsports.com/news/20...key-coach.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
                        Plattsburgh State hires Reid Lesswing. https://gocardinalsports.com/news/20...key-coach.aspx
                        So one Suny team to another. I understand that Plattsburgh has a far more storied program but other than that, is there any other reason to make this move? Bigger budget? More resources? More money / higher salary? Is Fredonia Assistant only a part time gig? Does Plattsburgh assistant look better on a resume than Fredonia? I’m curious. Fredonia is about 30 minutes from his hometown so there must have been a few good reasons to make the move across the state to the north country. Sounds like a great pick up for Platty.

Comment

Riley is stepping down as coach at Wilkes. Assistant position at Colgate.
                          Last edited by smbenny; 06-20-2019, 08:07 PM.
                          2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
                            Riley is stepping down as coach at Wilkes. Assistant position at Colgate.
                            He stepped down to take the Assistant position at Colgate. He did a **** good job getting Wilkes competitive in their first season. Sucks for the players that he recruited there. They only got him for one season. Hopefully the next coach can keep the program heading in the right direction.

https://gocolgateraiders.com/news/2019/6/20/mens-ice-hockey-mens-hockeys-borges-promoted-riley-joins-staff.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Keith-Stone View Post
                              So one Suny team to another. I understand that Plattsburgh has a far more storied program but other than that, is there any other reason to make this move? Bigger budget? More resources? More money / higher salary? Is Fredonia Assistant only a part time gig? Does Plattsburgh assistant look better on a resume than Fredonia? I’m curious. Fredonia is about 30 minutes from his hometown so there must have been a few good reasons to make the move across the state to the north country. Sounds like a great pick up for Platty.
                              Let's just say in some D3 schools, the assistant coaching job is a full time position and in others it is not.

Probably the same reason Mark Digby left his alma mater to move to Oswego for the same position.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                Let's just say in some D3 schools, the assistant coaching job is a full time position and in others it is not.

Probably the same reason Mark Digby left his alma mater to move to Oswego for the same position.
                                And soon enough Coach Digby will be moving over the the womens head coaching spot..

Comment

Working...
                                X