Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Off Season

Originally posted by altazo View Post
    Please fill me in on how he is eligible to play immediately. I figured he would have to sit for a year for sure?
    D1 to D1 = sit out a yr unless grad transfer....D3 to D1= lets get ready to rumble...…..I guess its because it just does not happen that often..

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
      D1 to D1 = sit out a yr unless grad transfer....D3 to D1= lets get ready to rumble...…..I guess its because it just does not happen that often..
      Man I had it backwards. I thought it was D1 to D3 = play right away. D1 to D1 = sit for one season (unless they’re a grad student) and D3 to D1 = sit for one season (to keep D1 programs from basically using D3 as a farm system.) Not sure where I got that idea and then I’m also surprised we don’t see more kids moving from D3 to D1.

Edit: here is some clarification, but still not sure if he’ll be able to play immediately (obviously, he’ll be able to practice.) http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/current/transfer-terms
      Last edited by altazo; 08-25-2019, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Maybe he’s eligible immediately because he was not recruited to UWSP by their current head coach, but rather former coach Chris Brooks?

Comment

Connor Ryckman will be eligible to play in 2020-21. The last player I know of that went DIII to DI 1 sat out a year by playing ACHA. https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/102041/mike-leone

Comment

Originally posted by d3hockey57 View Post
            Connor Ryckman will be eligible to play in 2020-21. The last player I know of that went DIII to DI 1 sat out a year by playing ACHA. https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/102041/mike-leone
            This was my line of thinking and the last example I could think of as well.

Comment

Originally posted by d3hockey57 View Post
              Then again ....still don't see it much...…….

Comment

Last player I knew that went from D3 to D1 sat out a year also, https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/58939/joe-houk. My guess is that they gave him a full scholarship so that means it goes by the scholarship rules and like a D1 transfer to another D1 school has to wait a year unless they file and prove a good reason to be immediately eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
                  Last player I knew that went from D3 to D1 sat out a year also, https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/58939/joe-houk. My guess is that they gave him a full scholarship so that means it goes by the scholarship rules and like a D1 transfer to another D1 school has to wait a year unless they file and prove a good reason to be immediately eligible.
                  Jack Billings Transferred from Salve Regina to Niagara and had to sit out last year.

Comment

Originally posted by landing1010 View Post
                    Jack Billings Transferred from Salve Regina to Niagara and had to sit out last year.
                    I believe Joe Houk was similar at UMass Lowell after transferring from hamilton.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: 2019 Off Season

D3Hockey.com is back on line this morning.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Is D3Hockey.com back up and running this morning? Asking for a friend...
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                          did see it back up not sure if and who's running with it??

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                            They restored the domain name. So, it just went to whatever page last existed which was after the 2019 national championship. Based on Biggs' twitter post, I don't expect that to change. So, consider it an archival site now...
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I'd be willing to kick in a few bucks a month to a patreon account for d3hockey.com during the season to keep it going, but it sounds like it's more about the time than the $$ sadly.
                              5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                              2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Arcadia University joining UCHC in 2021-2022.
                                2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Working...
                                X