Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Gophers 2019 Offseason -- a respite from the red menace

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
    I remember the Hockey City Classic in 2014 at TCF Bank Stadium. We were so frozen after the women's game that we gave away our tickets for the men's game that was played later that day. I thought Parade Stadium was torn down years ago and so I looked it up and saw that it was demolished in 1990, but the baseball field is called Parade Stadium and is now home to Augsburg University baseball. There is also a three-sheet Parade Ice Garden in the Parade Park athletic complex as per Wikipedia. If this is where they were playing we wouldn't have to worry about the weather, but it's an outdoor game so we'll dress warm.

https://www.minneapolisparks.org/par...de_ice_garden/
    You MUST have been cold and the person that bought the tickets even colder, there were no separate tickets, one ticket for both.
    I bought my tickets from a guy who wanted to buy two tickets from a guy who had four and refused to sell them except as a block. He paid $20 bucks for them and I gave him $10 for two.
    Yes, it was cold but that didn’t stop drunk guys from standing shirtless to watch the game. Those aluminum seats were brutal, since most people stood, even people with blankets or other forms of insulation had to stand.
    Sweet Caroline ….
    This is the only men’s game I’ve witnessed since boycotting the men’s game and their outrageous season ticket scheme since 2010. I said back then it will be a cold day in hell before I go to another of their games. It was.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      That leaves one spot for a forward. Bring back Kessel...
      I'm sure there is some loophole Frosty can come up with to justify it. But if you only play 1 forward, she'd be your choice?
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        I'm sure there is some loophole Frosty can come up with to justify it. But if you only play 1 forward, she'd be your choice?
        Not necessarily, but thought it might get a reaction out of you...
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          Not necessarily, but thought it might get a reaction out of you...
          Quit baiting me into your thread. I don't like it in here. These tubes you live in are pretty tight for my gigantic liver to fit into.

Comment

These tubes you live in are pretty tight for my gigantic liver to fit into.
            Truth...

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
              You MUST have been cold and the person that bought the tickets even colder, there were no separate tickets, one ticket for both.
              I bought my tickets from a guy who wanted to buy two tickets from a guy who had four and refused to sell them except as a block. He paid $20 bucks for them and I gave him $10 for two.
              Yes, it was cold but that didn’t stop drunk guys from standing shirtless to watch the game. Those aluminum seats were brutal, since most people stood, even people with blankets or other forms of insulation had to stand.
              Sweet Caroline ….
              This is the only men’s game I’ve witnessed since boycotting the men’s game and their outrageous season ticket scheme since 2010. I said back then it will be a cold day in hell before I go to another of their games. It was.
              This might be the first time you have ever read this on here. You are correct! They were extra large tickets with the women's game listed on the left and the men's game on the right. I still have them. I thought we had gotten two sets of tickets with our two season ticket packages. Normally when the women play an early game and the men later we would give the men's tickets away. Last year was the first year in 30 years that I or previously my brother did not purchase the men's season tickets for some of the reasons you wrote, but mostly because my wife and I are old and we enjoy the women's games more than the men's.
              "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Gophers release their regular season schedule. After an exhibition game against the Minnesota Whitecaps they'll host Colgate on September 27th & 28th in what should be a very competitive and entertaining series.

https://gophersports.com/schedule.aspx?path=whockey
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

https://gophersports.com/news/2019/7...y-shearen.aspx
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

https://gophersports.com/news/2019/7...ivia-king.aspx
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Olivia sounds great; I look forward to seeing her play.

Just one quick piece of advice from a neutral observer: She may want to reconsider her "Favorite Animal" Choice.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                        Olivia sounds great; I look forward to seeing her play.

Just one quick piece of advice from a neutral observer: She may want to reconsider her "Favorite Animal" Choice.
                        Here I thought she was going to say "Badger". At least she didn't say gopher, that would have been embarrassing. No one's favorite animal is a gopher, unless the gopher is one's dinner.

Comment

Here I thought she was going to say "Badger". At least she didn't say gopher, that would have been embarrassing. No one's favorite animal is a gopher, unless the gopher is one's dinner.
                          Actually, the UM mascot is a 13-lined ground squirrel, so enjoying a gopher or two with fava beans and a fine chianti is no insult to a Minnesota fan.

Comment

No one's favorite animal is a gopher, unless the gopher is one's dinner.
                            people in other areas of the country are probably surprised gophers are on your dinner table
                            for those not familiar with cheeseheads, they the hillbillies of the Midwest

Comment

Related to the post in the Penn State thread...

Congratulations to the 5 Gopher Women's hockey players who were named Big Ten Distinguished Scholars for the 2018-19 academic year. (Nicole Schammel with a 4.0 GPA)

https://gophersports.com/news/2019/7...x?path=general

Emily Brown (Mechanical Engineering)
                              Tianna Gunderson (Special Education)
                              Patti Marshall (Psychology)
                              Nicole Schammel (Sport Management M.Ed.)
                              Taylor Wente (Undeclared)

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                                Actually, the UM mascot is a 13-lined ground squirrel, so enjoying a gopher or two with fava beans and a fine chianti is no insult to a Minnesota fan.
                                Hmmm, seems like Goldie has an identity crisis then. Squirrels have a lot more meat on them than gophers.

Comment

Working...
                                X