National Championship - Norwich v Stevens Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: National Championship - Norwich v Stevens Point

Congratulation to Stevens Point on a great undefeated Championship season. The NEHC gave it their best shot from two great teams.
    Hopefully the Statesmen will see you in Buffalo next year!

Comment

Yes, congratulations to UWSP.... a great game and an incredible undefeated season... they carried the play for much of the game and particularly in the OT. Aubrun was a stud in goal for Norwich, but that game winning goal was a beauty!

Only one complaint though and nothing to do with UWSP.... with the state of D3 men's hockey, I think it is ridiculous that they don't have the Frozen Four at a neutral site.... I hope that the committee rethinks that.

Comment

Originally posted by nujack View Post
        Yes, congratulations to UWSP.... a great game and an incredible undefeated season... they carried the play for much of the game and particularly in the OT. Aubrun was a stud in goal for Norwich, but that game winning goal was a beauty!

Only one complaint though and nothing to do with UWSP.... with the state of D3 men's hockey, I think it is ridiculous that they don't have the Frozen Four at a neutral site.... I hope that the committee rethinks that.
        I do agree with you there. I do really like the new ranking system though
        http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
          I do agree with you there. I do really like the new ranking system though
          Given the energy in the crowd, I think neutral sites are going bye bye.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Congrats to both teams. Another OT final to add to all the classics!
            There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Given the energy in the crowd, I think neutral sites are going bye bye.
              I vote for an independent review of all the data - full transparency 🤣- once we get past the eastern designated campus game to compare to the upcoming neutral sites.
              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

If they’re going to do campus sites it needs to be objective. No more eastern or western preference. It worked out fairly this year because the number one overall PWR got to host but that wasn't guaranteed.
                Last edited by KnightsOfTheRound; 03-23-2019, 11:08 PM.
                #OneKnight

Comment

Add my congrats to Point on your 6th National Championship and the undefeated season.
                  SNC Men:
                  Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                  NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                  SNC Women:
                  O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                    I vote for an independent review of all the data - full transparency ��- once we get past the eastern designated campus game to compare to the upcoming neutral sites.
                    yes lets make sure there is no collusion or let Russian colleges play as well,,congrats to Point and the Cadets well played game,kind of glad special teams did not define the game...

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                      yes lets make sure there is no collusion or let Russian colleges play as well,,congrats to Point and the Cadets well played game,kind of glad special teams did not define the game...
                      Agreed.

Congrats to Point - the best team all year and last night deserved the win and earned the historic season. Congrats to the Cadets - tough way to lose, but there are dozens of teams and players who would love to trade places with you this morning.

I’m interested in hearing from fans who attended Friday and Saturday and have been to prior championships ar neutral sites. The availability and costs for late travel and accommodations, ticket availability, parking, pretzels, etc - you get the idea.

Nothing against the home team or it's facility - never been so can’t comment one way or another - but when 3 of 4 teams, their staff and fans will have to travel on short notice, these are legitimate questions IMHO.

Perhaps there are lessons learned from this week that can be considered for when the “east preferred” Championship has its turn.
                      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                        I don't know who to root for, an Eastern team vs potentially the first unbeaten MEN'S team in Division 3 history. It would be cool to see an unbeaten National Champion
                        Fixed your post - Plattsburgh State women, 2006: 27-0-2
                        Steve
                        Penn State Class of '95
                        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                          Agreed.

Congrats to Point - the best team all year and last night deserved the win and earned the historic season. Congrats to the Cadets - tough way to lose, but there are dozens of teams and players who would love to trade places with you this morning.

I’m interested in hearing from fans who attended Friday and Saturday and have been to prior championships ar neutral sites. The availability and costs for late travel and accommodations, ticket availability, parking, pretzels, etc - you get the idea.

Nothing against the home team or it's facility - never been so can’t comment one way or another - but when 3 of 4 teams, their staff and fans will have to travel on short notice, these are legitimate questions IMHO.

Perhaps there are lessons learned from this week that can be considered for when the “east preferred” Championship has its turn.
                          Been to both types (although not this one) and unless you host, you prefer neutral. And if the home team doesn’t make the finals, you risk an empty arena. In the west, it will be a campus site because no other site would put in a bid to host. In the east, there are many more options on and off campus. I’d rather know in advance.
                          Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                            Thank God the boys have more heart than I do. My mind went into "Well, it was a great year..." mode after falling behind 2-0.
                            I went that way as well. Went as far to turn off the stream, only to look for a final score and find the game was going to OT. Watched the OT, but I could see the Cadets were in trouble. Great effort by the Cadets, but not quite enough.
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                              If they’re going to do campus sites it needs to be objective. No more eastern or western preference. It worked out fairly this year because the number one overall PWR got to host but that wasn't guaranteed.
                              If they are going to do a campus site, have the semi finals on one weekend at two campus sites and the final the following weekend at the higher surviving seed.

If you do a Frozen Four on a campus site, you risk the possibility of an empty house for the championship game (been there, done that). How many people in Wisconsin would have come out to Norwich/Hobart final? With a neutral site Frozen Four, you get fans of all four teams in the area. I still love the Lake Placid site.

I'd still like to see a neutral site "Frozen 8," with the mens and women's semis and finals all in the same place. Play one set of semis Friday night, the other gender semis on Saturday night and a championship doubleheader on Sunday.
                              Last edited by NUProf; 03-24-2019, 03:17 PM.
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Was there some controversy post game involving handshakes? Last thing I saw as the screen faded to black was a number of people looking towards the Cadets locker room and what I thought was people booing. Made me think that the Cadets were skating off when people weren't expecting them too. But on Twitter I see pictures of the handshake line.

Not that I blame NU. I thought they stood around for a bit expecting to shake hands immediately after the game but that UWSP was busy celebrating (not blaming them either) and then the teams were kind of ushered to the blue lines. Then UWSP got the trophy and skated towards their student section, the Cadets probably thought that was it, and then they skated off. But, this was all from a static camera angle, so I'm unsure.
                                Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X