2019 Frozen Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hockeyhub View Post
    I am very happy Kassidy Sauve did not win a national championship.
    It will be even better if Pankowski doesn't win a Naty[/QUOTE]

Classy bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
      But I do know one thing. I am very happy Kassidy Sauve did not win a national championship.
      Wow. Why? What did she do to you?

On another note. I thought the WCHA playoffs 2 weeks ago were more intense and competitive than the games today. OSU gave Wisconsin a tougher game than Clarkson.

Pankowski great again. Gable? Not so much. Points a lot harder to come by in WCHA when they don’t have Brown and others to rack up the points against.

Comment

Re: 2019 Frozen Four

This has got to be a rough outcome, today for Eastfan1...
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
          I saw that weird goal live and them 4 replays of it and I still don't know what happened (no slo-mo). I think it was Cogan, who shot the puck in front from behind the net but did it hit someone and go in? I think Pankowski was credited with it but it didn't look like she did anything with the pass. Anyone really know?
          Cogan got the goal. Her pass from behind the net hit a Clarkson skate and went in.

Nice arena and the crowd got healthier.
          The ice was St Charles level bad, and the crowd wasn't much bigger for the second game than the first.

Comment

During the first period, the Clarkson band forced me to reconsider my long held opinion that Cornell has the most annoying fans in hockey. In the second, they graduated from annoying to wildly inappropriate sexualized chants. They were offensive. I'm glad Bucky buried them, and I hope they have a long, sad bus ride home.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              Clarkson hung in for a while but Wisconsin's depth just wore them down.
              I agree this was the story of the game. It's hard enough to beat the Badgers with three or even four talented forward lines, but with only one it becomes extremely unlikely.

In Sunday's final you should see that the Gophers match up very well up front, and with their added 4th line, if utilized, might even develop an edge with their forwards late in the game. But Wisconsin is so tough defensively, actually putting the puck in the net enough times to win the game is always a huge challenge. Their strength on the back end makes it imperative that the Gophers take advantage of their "golden" opportunities.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                Cogan got the goal. Her pass from behind the net hit a Clarkson skate and went in.

From watching replays (on the web, and pausing, starting, pausing, etc) the best I can tell is Cogan's pass hit something - may have been Sauve's stick - then went up and hit the Clarkson defender Shelton on the arm/shoulder, and then went into the net.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                  It will be even better if Pankowski doesn't win a Naty
                  Classy bunch.[/QUOTE]

Don't get your undies in a bunch Puckdrop...it's all in good fun!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Clarkson dressed 5 D. They had to be gassed.
                    Why dress only 5?
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      In Sunday's final you should see that the Gophers match up very well up front, and with their added 4th line, if utilized, might even develop an edge with their forwards late in the game. But Wisconsin is so tough defensively, actually putting the puck in the net enough times to win the game is always a huge challenge. Their strength on the back end makes it imperative that the Gophers take advantage of their "golden" opportunities.
                      I don't recall the 4th line playing much in the wwcha final for UW. He didn't even trot them out against Cuse, and obviously not tonight. That could be a factor, but UW has last change, so if Frosty trots the 4th line out after a whistle, will MJ counter with his 4th or the 1/1A lines for the mismatch? I think with the TV timeouts you'd be a little nuts to send the 4th out here. Did Frosty play the 4th today at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Why dress only 5?
                        Injuries I believe.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Why dress only 5?
                          They only had 6 defense on the roster and one of the girls is not playing. I think she is injured but I am not sure. What happened in this game is what I was afraid of. Playing Wisconsin with only one scoring line and basically only 3 lines and 5 defense is and was tough skating. I am proud of all that this team accomplished despite the ending. Good luck against the Gophers.
                          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                            They only had 6 defense on the roster and one of the girls is not playing. I think she is injured but I am not sure. What happened in this game is what I was afraid of. Playing Wisconsin with only one scoring line and basically only 3 lines and 5 defense is and was tough skating. I am proud of all that this team accomplished despite the ending. Good luck against the Gophers.
                            Only 6 D on the roster is interesting. Obviously a little more depth there may have paid dividends, though playing a 7th D in a game like tonight maybe isn't an option like UW playing the 4th line wasn't going to happen unless it was 4-0 at the end of 2.

Comment

I don't recall the 4th line playing much in the wwcha final for UW. He didn't even trot them out against Cuse, and obviously not tonight. That could be a factor, but UW has last change, so if Frosty trots the 4th line out after a whistle, will MJ counter with his 4th or the 1/1A lines for the mismatch? I think with the TV timeouts you'd be a little nuts to send the 4th out here. Did Frosty play the 4th today at all?
                              Yes, he did. The 4th line has gotten semi regular shifts all year. I can't think of a single game where they just disappeared. And Oden gets regular penalty killing and power play shifts.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                                From watching replays (on the web, and pausing, starting, pausing, etc) the best I can tell is Cogan's pass hit something - may have been Sauve's stick - then went up and hit the Clarkson defender Shelton on the arm/shoulder, and then went into the net.
                                With slow motion, I saw it just like you. Definitely the goalie's stick, then Shelton's shoulder, and just inside the post. Between that and the two earlier posts for Clarkson, it was Bucky's night. They were the better team all night, but they also got those bounce to make the final score slightly more slanted than it was.
                                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X