2019 Frozen Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
    Looks to me like UM is the more skilled team but it's not that obvious to the scoreboard, at least not yet.
    There's an area at center ice that has some sort of problem, as at least four players have gone down there with no contact.

Comment

Re: 2019 Frozen Four

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      Sonny Watrous, Providence 2007.
      Thanks, especially for the bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
        There's an area at center ice that has some sort of problem, as at least four players have gone down there with no contact.
        What are you thinking? Bad ice, Paranormal forces, or some sort of Goldie shenanigans?
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

What are you thinking? Bad ice, Paranormal forces, or some sort of Goldie shenanigans?
          Indian burial mound.

And the Clarkson Pep Band sounds like its in the building.
          Last edited by joecct; 03-22-2019, 04:48 PM.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Bad ice. The puck is bouncing and sticking all over, and four minutes into The third period, it still wasn't completely frozen.

Comment

The total lack of interference calls (both ways) is making me feel right at home.
              Did you ever think that if every ref in every game is getting that call wrong.... maybe they're NOT getting that call wrong? :-)

Comment

Full marks to Cornell for the effort expended.

Way more competitive game than I expected...wherever I got that impression.

Cornell's PP with a few minutes left in the game was about as hopeless as you could imagine. Don't know how good it normally is but there was a huge opportunity handed to them to tie the game that was completely squandered.

That is one large individual in net for Cornell...occupies a lot of real estate.

Crowd appears to be beefing itself up.

Comment

I'm sitting farther down for this game, and HOLY ****, the ice conditions are a disaster. It not only isn't frozen for the start of the first period, it's slushy and pebbled.
                  Last edited by Still Eeyore; 03-22-2019, 06:16 PM.

Comment

I thought Curl would bury that one.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I thought Curl would bury that one.
                      She should have.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                        Should we be impressed with the crowd size? Although it may improve for the second game.
                        Last time it was in Quinnipiac they had very good crowds. But no sellouts.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Bad ice. The puck is bouncing and sticking all over, and four minutes into The third period, it still wasn't completely frozen.
                          I wonder if it has anything to do with how they have to install the new logos. If not done properly, you get this.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Zip zip end of one. Wisconsin dominated play outshooting CCT 13-5. Guiguere hit a solid post.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I 've long thought that Cornell has the most annoying fans in hockey, but the Clarkson band is making me reconsider.

Comment

I'm sitting farther down for this game, and HOLY ****, the ice conditions are a disaster. It not only isn't frozen for the start of the first period, it's slushy and pebbled.
                                You can see it even on the broadcast...The ice looks really bad. So one period down no score. Clarkson seemingly has the trap working pretty well and Suave looks sharp.
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X