2019 Frozen Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Frozen Four

Three peat don't look too good right now.

1st shot 8:30 in
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

They at least look like they have a pulse the last couple of minutes. It's tough when the other lines don't threaten at all.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

And that's the ballgame. WCHA final.
        32-13 shots tells the story
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Some puck luck there. The mojo is fading fast.
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Clarkson running on empty now with that goal.

Comment

I have a lot of respect for both Clarkson and Wisconsin.
              I was worried about facing either team, maybe Wisconsin a little more.

But I do know one thing. I am very happy Kassidy Sauve did not win a national championship.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                I am very happy Kassidy Sauve did not win a national championship.
                Why? She went to OSU for four years, earned a degree there, and went somewhere else to do her post-grad studies. I don't have a problem with that.

Comment

That turned into a romp at the end. Clarkson hung in for a while but Wisconsin depth just wore them down. WHCA final baby!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                    WHCA final baby!
                    BTN should like it.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      Pozzebon was able to take advantage of the final two BC players not moving their feet and reaching for the puck. I don't think the Badgers will make that mistake. It's very tough to come back against UW's team D late. OSU did it a month ago today, but it is hard.
                      Well you were right. Before they broke it open, Gabel got one last 1 on 0, but Soup made the stop and it was over shortly after that. That was a fun game to watch.

Comment

No better feeling than when the opponent needs one and they can't get anything going. I don't think it's a coincidence that after MJ took the TO and was chewing them out that they settled down and finished them off.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I am very happy Kassidy Sauve did not win a national championship.[/QUOTE]

It will be even better if Pankowski doesn't win a Naty

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            BTN should like it.
                            Extremely surprised they don’t show some women’s big ten hockey during the year. Seems like a no brainer. I recall Penn State and Lindenwood but why not more? Similarly they have a women’s sports show but it doesn’t talk women’s hockey. Ah well, the Frozen Four is a good start.

Comment

Clarkson dressed 5 D. They had to be gassed.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Foot to the floor for the entire game for UW. Beautiful performance.

I think the story of this game was UW's relentlessly aggressive play (the epitome of hungry) and Clarkson's totally ineffective offense even with the extremely dangerous bazooka's it has...more specifically, 3 totally disastrous power plays out of four, in two of which it looked like they were shorthanded. Their offense never got into a rhythm...credit UW.

Feel badly for CU who were in it on the scoreboard till late.

I saw that weird goal live and them 4 replays of it and I still don't know what happened (no slo-mo). I think it was Cogan, who shot the puck in front from behind the net but did it hit someone and go in? I think Pankowski was credited with it but it didn't look like she did anything with the pass. Anyone really know?

Beautiful goal and effort by Pankowski all alone w 3 GK's to beat. Not sure what Sauve was thinking on that one. Looked like she was expecting a low shot.

Nice arena and the crowd got healthier.

Extremely entertaining hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X