2019 Awards and All-Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Awards and All-Americans

Devin McDonald (Sr.), Geneseo goaltender, won the Sid Watson Award for Player of the Year. He's the first Geneseo player to win the award.

Tyler Krueger, UW-Stevens Point coach, won the Ed Jeremiah Award for Coach of the Year

Full list of All-Americans here: https://www.d3hockey.com/ncaa-tourna...icans-released
    #OneKnight

Re: 2019 Awards and All-Americans

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
    Devin McDonald (Sr.), Geneseo goaltender, won the Sid Watson Award for Player of the Year. He's the first Geneseo player to win the award.
    That's a surprise to me. Keenan should have won that award, if anyone from Geneseo was going to win it.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      That's a surprise to me. Keenan should have won that award, if anyone from Geneseo was going to win it.
      Looking at the recent winners, it seems like goaltenders have won it a disproportionate amount of the time (6 of the last 7 winners have been goalies). I think this year McDonald's shutout record and microscopic GAA probably were what voters latched on to, and I think you could make a strong argument for him based on that. Arguably, based on Geneseo's goal differential, I think you could also make the case McDonald wasn't their most valuable player and they would have been very good even without a superlative goalie -- I think the SUNYAC made exactly this argument when they made Keenan player of the year. Either way, I think it says a lot about Geneseo that they have two players you could make a legit case for PoTY.
      #OneKnight

Comment

And on the student side of student-athlete:
        https://www.norwichathletics.com/spo...1WA9XVxaHC7TQ8
        Winning 6 times in 10 years is a pretty good average
        Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
          And on the student side of student-athlete:
          https://www.norwichathletics.com/spo...1WA9XVxaHC7TQ8
          Winning 6 times in 10 years is a pretty good average
          This kind of thing is one of the big reasons that I've boosted NU hockey for so long. Almost all of my interactions as a faculty member with NU Hockey Players were always positive. Glad to see the tradition continuing
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Genny with 4 AA's...3 first team nice job on the recruitment trail....

Comment

Goalies to the Sid Watson Award is like Quarterbacks to the NFL MVP . It's pretty much the goalie that has the best season is going to win. Larkin last year and Rodrigues from Oswego were the last non-goalies to win it from recent memory.

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
              Looking at the recent winners, it seems like goaltenders have won it a disproportionate amount of the time (6 of the last 7 winners have been goalies). I think this year McDonald's shutout record and microscopic GAA probably were what voters latched on to, and I think you could make a strong argument for him based on that. Arguably, based on Geneseo's goal differential, I think you could also make the case McDonald wasn't their most valuable player and they would have been very good even without a superlative goalie -- I think the SUNYAC made exactly this argument when they made Keenan player of the year. Either way, I think it says a lot about Geneseo that they have two players you could make a legit case for PoTY.

Comment

Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
                Goalies to the Sid Watson Award is like Quarterbacks to the NFL MVP . It's pretty much the goalie that has the best season is going to win. Larkin last year and Rodrigues from Oswego were the last non-goalies to win it from recent memory.
                Mr Overtime
                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Norwich in the title game with one All-American (third team) on the roster. Either the voters screwed up, or Cam Ellsworth should have been the hands down Coach of the Year. Maybe both? 😜

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                    Norwich in the title game with one All-American (third team) on the roster. Either the voters screwed up, or Cam Ellsworth should have been the hands down Coach of the Year. Maybe both? 😜
                    “It’s not about having the best players Craig, it’s about having the right ones.”
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                    X