Cord cutting - what service to buy after the cable co goes away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cord cutting - what service to buy after the cable co goes away

I'd be more interested in the Disney Properties, than actual Disney content, now and in the future. I won't be getting this streaming service at the present time, but that could change, depending on if and what they buy in the future.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Rube made me wonder where Touchstone branded Disney films will fall in the new network. Maybe shuttled off to Hulu?
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        I think we all know why Disney is doing it the way they are...doesnt help us much so why would the big picture matter to us? And the cancellation thing has changed over the years. People have been cancelling subscription services when the price changes happens. Not enough to really hurt the bottom line but when big networks and studios like this push too hard there will be blowback.
        At the Disney shareholder event Thursday some bigwig at Hulu told investors there were significant numbers who dropped live TV when the price increased, but almost all of them went to one of the VOD options instead of canceling Hulu outright. That's me. I went to the $5.99 plan, and when this billing cycle ends I'm doing the Spotify deal.

Comment

So many options these days makes it easier to make an informed decision. Hulu Live gives me more channels than I need and access to the teams I care about so I am happy.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            Rube made me wonder where Touchstone branded Disney films will fall in the new network. Maybe shuttled off to Hulu?
            It's going to depend upon the nature of the content. Anything rated R will go to Hulu, and then the PG-13 will be evaluated for why that rating was received. PG and G will likely stay with Disney+. They've already said that Deadpool will be on Hulu rather than Disney+.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

@RealJackEdwards: Attention Sony Playstation Vue users: After business hours last night, PS Vue decided to inform NESN that it would drop us at 5pm today, even though NESN offered a 30-day extension. That could mean no Game 5 for you tonight.

Go to http://bit.ly/2VVDIBc for info
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Disney+ Won't Include 'Song Of The South' And Will Edit Original 'Dumbo'

Goddammit Disney.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• I'm surprised yet not surprised. The company doesn't want to address the fact it was founded by an antisemitic racist. That doesn't fit with the family-friendly image the company has. However there are numerous other examples in Disney cartoons but it isn't likely those films will be edited.

On the other hand there is still a segment of the population that is comfortable with Jim Crow and slavery. Probably a good idea not to market to them though, since they're (allegedly) boycotting the company because of "the gays." That boycott has been a raging success so far.

Comment

I'm sure the Siamese cats will be left untouched. Asians never seem to have a problem with it, so...

Comment

Sorry but that is just stupid...
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Sorry but that is just stupid...
                        I agree.

Learn from history, don't shove it under the carpet. There are lessons to be learned from Song Of The South, how the social views were back then, etc. Use it as a teaching tool.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                          I agree.

Learn from history, don't shove it under the carpet. There are lessons to be learned from Song Of The South, how the social views were back then, etc. Use it as a teaching tool.
                          I agree, they could always dub-in an optional commentary track or something. Then when you're showing it to your kids, you play the track for explanation.

Comment

https://***********/weirdhistorypix/...44510889086977

Warner Bros. has already taken a step forward in this department... The message is quite clear: We messed up, but we do need to show where society was at that point in time and how we've progressed....
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              I agree, they could always dub-in an optional commentary track or something. Then when you're showing it to your kids, you play the track for explanation.
                              The Crows in Dumbo are awesome...racist yet awesome!
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                I agree.

In a large part of the country the "social views" haven't changed. It isn't so much History as Current Events.

Comment

Working...
                                X