• Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    "I didn't know what was going on..."

Baloney.
    Haha, he said that? Yeah right.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

"Michigan assistant coach Wiseman leaves for same role with NHL’s Oilers"

mel is a little lonely...

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post

mel is a little lonely...
        He'll be OK. His 47 recruits will keep him from getting lonely.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
          He'll be OK. His 47 recruits will keep him from getting lonely.

you mean 470?

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
            I heard Murf has already recruited four assistant coaches to fill that spot. I guess three of them will have to coach a few more years in juniors until another coaching spot opens up...
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Gould has transferred to Bowling Green.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                Gould has transferred to Bowling Green.
                Poor Falcons. He was fun to watch for two years. Last year something changed. Addition by subtraction IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                  Poor Falcons. He was fun to watch for two years. Last year something changed. Addition by subtraction IMHO.
                  I disagree, I believe MTU loses in this situation. A black eye for the program in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                    I disagree, I believe MTU loses in this situation. A black eye for the program in my opinion.
                    Why do you say that? Players leave with coaching changes...the only difference this time is the delay from the change...
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      Why do you say that? Players leave with coaching changes...the only difference this time is the delay from the change...
                      My opinion based on what I know; Gould did not want to leave and deserved better. He was a large part of the teams past success. Marv used to say the veteran players had money in the bank. I believe Gould tried to cash some of that in and the current coach views that as an entitlement mentality. I beleive both sides probably handled the situation wrong. Definitely not addition by subtraction in my opinion!

Comment

I believe both sides probably handled the situation wrong. Definitely not addition by subtraction in my opinion!
                        If there's one thing that's clear to me, it's that Joe is more old school in his ways than Merv. Some players have adjusted, some he has recruited obviously fit his mold, and a few have not taken the change well.

Comment

My opinion based on what I know; Gould did not want to leave and deserved better. He was a large part of the teams past success. Marv used to say the veteran players had money in the bank. I believe Gould tried to cash some of that in and the current coach views that as an entitlement mentality. I beleive both sides probably handled the situation wrong. Definitely not addition by subtraction in my opinion!
                          The reason I look at it as addition by subtraction is that everything I've heard is he was a problem in the dressing room. If you have a problem with the new coach, and you're trying to prove that you deserve better, disrupting the room is not the way to go about it.

It doesn't matter who the coaches or the players are, if not everyone is pulling in the same direction you will not meet your potential as a team. I don't care what style of play you choose or what systems are run, if you don't have everyone buying in, get rid of the malcontents and move on. Voila, addition by subtraction.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                            If you have a problem with the new coach, and you're trying to prove that you deserve better, disrupting the room is not the way to go about it.
                            If Gould indeed disrupted the room I agree 100%; I included Gould's handling of the situation as potentially part of the problem. I don't recall the coach ever stating he disrupted the room. If you know that he did I can agree with you. The only thing I ever heard the coach say was that Gould had expectations of his role and ice time based on his veteran status; "it was his time", "he felt entitled".

If this disagreement was kept between the coach and Gould it's disappointing they couldn't work it out.

Comment

If this disagreement was kept between the coach and Gould it's disappointing they couldn't work it out.
                              I agree, it is a disappointment. But unfortunately whether he was disrupting the room or not, he certainly wasn't putting up the same numbers on the ice. His 12 points were less than half of his FR/SO average of 26 pts and his pts/game went from .700 as a freshman to .659 as a sophomore to just .353 as a junior. Again, not the way to state your case that you should be getting more ice time or ice time in more critical times of the game. And I can certainly see where Joe would look at it being a kid that thinks he's entitled and resting on the laurels of his first two seasons.

I certainly hope he has a good year personally, but I obviously want Tech to get the better of BG. I sure wouldn't mind seeing him on the losing bench at the Mac for the WCHA title game in March.

Comment

This was on the LSSU thread: Damon failed to mention that 24 of his 66 (36%) career wins have come against Huntsville, Fairbanks and Anchorage.

Lakers would have had a pretty average 16-12 record without those 3 teams in the league last year.

Looking at Tech's results last year, they went 8-1-1 against those three teams and would have had a 5-11-2 WCHA (6-19-3 Overall) record last season, OUCH! Better improve against the other 6 this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X