Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
    White helmets, too. When was the last time they used two different helmets in a season?
    Oh yeah. When did they wear white helmets?
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

For a preseason JSH, I was delighted with the content. Coach hit on the fact that new kids on the block are fitting the teams' needs as the blue line is bigger and stronger. Also noted was the three headed goalie monster MTU is fortunate (unless you think otherwise) to have in 2019-20. Joe was asked if Blake would Red Shirt and the idea was squashed immediately. Raymond Brice getting the big C was an interesting conversation with the words leadership and culture coming up several times. Coach seemed humble going into Pittsburgh to start the year saying Robert Morris has many returning strong upperclassmen. Hopefully we can get a few early W's (games are Sat/Sun). Youth hockey in da U.P. was highlighted too. Good show Dirk and Joe!
      The U.P. should be the 27th star on Old Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        Oh yeah. When did they wear white helmets?
        Most recently at the tail end of the dastardly Piano Dog sweater and spilling over into the dazzle fabric script jerseys. That would be right around the start of the Jamie Russell era.

https://images.app.goo.gl/UxhxAnxx6LEgXX1M7

Comment

I'd appreciate it if people would take the time to read this and share it around more...please donate if you can too.

Huskies, Let's Talk about the difficult topic of Depression and Suicide
          https://techhockeyguide.com/2019/09/...ies-lets-talk/
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

So....Gould landed at BGSU, listed on roster, but according to twitter, eligibility for upcoming season has not been determined.

Also @JohnsonsJerseys, myself and the GF will be there, getting in late Friday night, will be at alumni event Sat, both games and heading home late Sunday night, I have Monday off work so got volunteered to drive us home late that night so GF can work on Monday cause she's heading out to DC later that week for work.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              I'd appreciate it if people would take the time to read this and share it around more...please donate if you can too.

Huskies, Let's Talk about the difficult topic of Depression and Suicide
              https://techhockeyguide.com/2019/09/...ies-lets-talk/
              It's an important subject and needs to be brought out in the open more often.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Always interesting to see that lineup chart for the opener, Robert Morris picked 8th in Atlantic Hockey in the USCHO article.

Tech needing to start the season on a good note, will we see Ganie, Saretsky, and L. Pietila all in the lineup on Sat.

Comment

Not sure how interested Tech was...

https://mihockey.com/2019/10/recruit...L41VvHcDfGLv8g

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                    So....Gould landed at BGSU, listed on roster, but according to twitter, eligibility for upcoming season has not been determined.

Also @JohnsonsJerseys, myself and the GF will be there, getting in late Friday night, will be at alumni event Sat, both games and heading home late Sunday night, I have Monday off work so got volunteered to drive us home late that night so GF can work on Monday cause she's heading out to DC later that week for work.
                    How can he be eligible this season? The "normal" NCAA get out of transfer year penalty don't apply to Gould. If he has to burn a year of eligibility because he transferred, he would have used up his 4 years.

Any idea what the line-up is going to look like? We need these wins. It would get the season off to a great start.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                      How can he be eligible this season? The "normal" NCAA get out of transfer year penalty don't apply to Gould. If he has to burn a year of eligibility because he transferred, he would have used up his 4 years.

Any idea what the line-up is going to look like? We need these wins. It would get the season off to a great start.
                      He is trying to gain eligibility via the portal system however your coach is fighting it. If he has to sit a year then so be it. After talking to him he seems to be content with whatever the outcome is.

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                        He is trying to gain eligibility via the portal system however your coach is fighting it. If he has to sit a year then so be it. After talking to him he seems to be content with whatever the outcome is.
                        via the portal system? I don't really understand this. Gould isn't a graduate so Grad Transfer doesn't work. Every other player that has transferred even with release has had to sit out a year? I have heard zero evidence that MTU has any interest in preventing Gould from doing anything...
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          It's an important subject and needs to be brought out in the open more often.
                          Concur. I'm nine years removed from a three-day voluntary psychiatric commitment. Bipolar disorder can be hell.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by StevieYnot View Post
                            Not sure how interested Tech was...

https://mihockey.com/2019/10/recruit...L41VvHcDfGLv8g
                            too bad, I was hoping Tech had a shot at getting him. But with his mom being an NMU alum I can see why.

On another note, the last I heard Tim Erkkila (was in the running for Michigan Mr. Hockey)now has his sights set on NMU as well. Be a shame to lose out on both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                              too bad, I was hoping Tech had a shot at getting him. But with his mom being an NMU alum I can see why.

On another note, the last I heard Tim Erkkila (was in the running for Michigan Mr. Hockey)now has his sights set on NMU as well. Be a shame to lose out on both of them.
                              Doesn't the Erkkila clan have NMU ties too?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn't realize Beretta left. Anyone know what his reasons were? I understand Gould, but maybe someone could clue me in on the other two.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X