Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
    They were a football school when I was in MN. Quick search shows they are strong at almost all non-hockey sports.

As DPT pointed out, staying D3 with the Wisconsin schools would be a good fit. They could jump D2, but that would almost force their hockey team to go D1. D1 hockey for UST is a long shot. I assume they would have to make women's hockey to D1 as well.

Makes me wonder what the "Mag 7" are going to do for that 8th team.

The hockey season can't get here soon enough. We are talking everything but Tech hockey.
    this is all about tech hockey...

to me the 8th team will be UAH...

and wonder too if the mag7 decided to part ways without a plan in place.

wouldn't you think they would already have a committed 8th team before they broke off from wcha?

if they are not careful, they will be looking like fools...

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post

wouldn't you think they would already have a committed 8th team before they broke off from wcha?

I think they are OK with it starting as a 7-team league if necessary. B1G has 7 and others have/do make it work with an odd number of teams.

If they had an 8th committed, I think that team would have been included in the original press release. Or at least we'd have had a press release announcing they are joining. I think the 8th team will have to announce ASAP if they want to get out of a conference contract. Not sure about the other leagues, but the WCHA requires a 2-year notice.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
        The hockey season can't get here soon enough. We are talking everything but Tech hockey.
        Agreed! Got my tickets and am ready for the new season to begin.
        Last season may have spawned more questions than answers, so maybe it's time for a new thread and time to tee-up the new season.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post

It's WCHA talk.

Any reports on how the guys are looking? I assume they have started unofficial practices by now.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            I was dissapointed in our Staff/WCHA staff during media day. Not one, including ours, has the courage to say why the cowardly 7 are leaving. They had the chance and questions were asked and they all avoided an honest answer.
            I don't know what you expected? This really isn't the place for it. Not sure when the time place is...and we all know that these decisions were made above the coaches.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
              I think they are OK with it starting as a 7-team league if necessary.
              A seven team conference is fine because you have a 24 game, balanced (2H, 2R) conference schedule with lots of room for NC games to get those key NC wins.

In other news, Tech announced on Twitter they have something to show fans tomorrow (9/25). I was told they got new white jerseys, but I thought they meant replacing the old ones with the same white style. I guess that thought was incorrect, but I'm all for a new jersey design after last season was just a reissue of the cream jerseys again. I'll make the obvious guess that it is Raymond Brice wearing a new white jersey with the "C" proudly on the front.

I wonder how close my 2017 concept will be to the real deal, other than the obvious color difference? (I still think the new logo looks better on silver than white.)

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I think a white Huskies script jersey would be great. OR a home white version of their awesome road blacks.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  I think a white Huskies script jersey would be great. OR a home white version of their awesome road blacks.
                  Saw the new sweater. Let's just say Biddco got it right with one of the two he mentioned. It's crisp and clean and gorgeous, you're going to really like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    I hope it's a script. I know I'm way outnumbered here, but I'm not a huge fan of the current blacks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                      Saw the new sweater. Let's just say Biddco got it right with one of the two he mentioned. It's crisp and clean and gorgeous, you're going to really like it.
                      Ooooooh.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                        I’m a traditionalist when it comes to that sweater. Gimme what Zuke, Jensen and Warden wore when I was a kid!
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                          Come on white version of the road jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                            A seven team conference is fine because you have a 24 game, balanced (2H, 2R) conference schedule with lots of room for NC games to get those key NC wins.
                            1. This is why I think they'll stay at seven teams, and that's what I've always thought (but haven't stated).

2. Who's going to any of the Mag7mm schools for a roadie? Are you going to work up an interlock with the non-Ivy ECAC teams? (chortle)

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                              1. This is why I think they'll stay at seven teams, and that's what I've always thought (but haven't stated).

2. Who's going to any of the Mag7mm schools for a roadie? Are you going to work up an interlock with the non-Ivy ECAC teams? (chortle)

GFM
                              Tech has home and homes with Robert Morris and Clarkson. UMD, ASU, and ND are willing to come to Houghton.

There are some rumblings of enticing teams with a game in Houghton and a game in Marquette.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                I don't know what you expected? This really isn't the place for it. Not sure when the time place is...and we all know that these decisions were made above the coaches.
                                It might not be the place but honestly, if a reporter asks the question it's because someone asked him. So maybe it is the place after all. The fact that the schools jointly decided not to comment puts the coaches in a bad position. They are the ones facing the public all the time. If the schools would come out with a credible answer and give it to the coaches all this would go away.
                                At some point it's going to come out regardless. Then they are all going to look stupid.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X