Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    I didn't realize Beretta left. Anyone know what his reasons were? I understand Gould, but maybe someone could clue me in on the other two.
    My understanding was that all three were basically the same situation.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
      Doesn't the Erkkila clan have NMU ties too?

Dad a Tech grad. Mom a northern grad. so ties to both schools..

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
        My understanding was that all three were basically the same situation.

What exactly do you know to be "the same situation?"
        The U.P. should be the 27th star on Old Glory.

Comment

None of the three wanted to play at Tech this year.

Comment

Originally posted by walktheline View Post
            What exactly do you know to be "the same situation?"
            No longer interested in playing Joe's way, therefore not going to get much ice time.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              via the portal system? I don't really understand this. Gould isn't a graduate so Grad Transfer doesn't work. Every other player that has transferred even with release has had to sit out a year? I have heard zero evidence that MTU has any interest in preventing Gould from doing anything...
              The D1 portal allows for transfers with no penalty under certain situations. We lost a junior QB this past year to West Virginia who was granted immediate eligibility. Each case is looked at on an individual basis.

I'm sure that you haven't heard anything on your end. Why would you? The information about your coach fighting it came straight from someone who knows first hand what is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                The D1 portal allows for transfers with no penalty under certain situations. We lost a junior QB this past year to West Virginia who was granted immediate eligibility. Each case is looked at on an individual basis.

I'm sure that you haven't heard anything on your end. Why would you? The information about your coach fighting it came straight from someone who knows first hand what is going on.
                what are these certain circumstances?
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  what are these certain circumstances?
                  Honestly, they're so inconsistent about who can and who can't that nobody really knows.

Comment

Honestly, they're so inconsistent about who can and who can't that nobody really knows.
                    Look, everything I have heard is that NCAA asks MTU questions, MTU answers them honestly and makes a decision. There is no "old coach" is fighting to prevent player from playing...its cut and dry. Don't blame MTU if Gould has to sit out a year...It's all up to the NCAA and how they feel the answers to their questions.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      No longer interested in playing Joe's way, therefore not going to get much ice time.
                      You know I can see a player leaving due to personality conflict with the coach, I can even see two leaving. But once you get to three, you have to start looking at the coach and not all at the players. Second, even under Russell I don't remember anyone leaving, and I can tell you for sure none of the players respected Russell or wanted to play for him. Especially, I don't remember an upper classman leaving. Third, can anyone tell me when, in the 99 year history of Tech hockey, 3 players left of their own accord? I'd be surprised if it has ever happened before.
                      Now let's say next summer more players leave? What then?
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

It could be worse. Doug Ross had two guys quit at Christmas (not in the same year). One was a senior (and I think there was some family stuff there, but he and Ross hated each other) and the other was one of the two goalies that we had on the roster. That led to quite the scramble...

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

if our coach thinks that not having gould be able to play this coming season for BG is good for michigan tech then...

give 'em hell joe! right, left, left, right...

now if its because of p***ing match or a chip on joe's shoulder... then... well, get off your horse mr. shawhan.

GO TECH GOLD!

Comment

You know I can see a player leaving due to personality conflict with the coach, I can even see two leaving. But once you get to three, you have to start looking at the coach and not all at the players. Second, even under Russell I don't remember anyone leaving, and I can tell you for sure none of the players respected Russell or wanted to play for him. Especially, I don't remember an upper classman leaving. Third, can anyone tell me when, in the 99 year history of Tech hockey, 3 players left of their own accord? I'd be surprised if it has ever happened before.
                            comparing tech's history to what just happened is useless... specially because our slump before mel pearson showed up. not to mention things rule-/attitude-wise were probably very different between the 50s and the 90s.

do this comparison instead... with all other teams;

before a new HC's third year (joe's case) how many players left after the first year, how many left after the second year?

don't get me wrong... i am not protecting joe. much to me gets revealed about his MO in interviews (and possibly players leaving) and i don't care for some of it.

shamming being tops on my list.

he seems to be starting this year on a 'clean player slate' - yes, next year will be very telling in -ALL- regards.

GO TECH GOLD!

Comment

I can't really elaborate but while the reasons for leaving are similar the situations are completely different. Them all happening at the same time...whatever
                              I really like Joe but this year will be very telling to me.

Comment

I'm not going to worry about the guys that are gone. The guys that want to be here are the guys that matter.

Let me know when we get back to a relevant topic.

Comment

Working...
                                X