Re: NCAA Semifinal #2 Hobart v Wisconsin-Stevens Point

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
    I'm looking forward to a Norwich/Hobart final, myself
    Yup!

Comment

I'm looking forward to a Norwich/Hobart final, myself
      I honestly think I'd rather play an undefeated team (IF we can beat Genny) than try to beat a team like Hobart for the fourth time this year.

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
        I honestly think I'd rather play an undefeated team (IF we can beat Genny) than try to beat a team like Hobart for the fourth time this year.
        That was my nightmare when there was still the possibility of playing Oswego. Give me Stevens Point 100x rather than play Oswego for the 4th time with a national championship on the line.
        #OneKnight

Comment

If we can beat Genny, which I think we can, I'd rather see Hobart in the finals just to get 1 up on them after last year and to prove the NEHC competitiveness. Hobart plays a great game and is disciplined. It would be a great game.
          There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

I thought Point being undefeated was going to work in SNC’s favor last weekend. Probably won’t be the last time I’m wrong about something...

Comment

Same. Not sure why all the NU fans want to see Hobart again. Beating anybody 4 times in a year is difficult, let alone Hobart. Not that UWSP would be easier, but losing to an undefeated team from the West wouldn't be as painful as losing to your conference rival who you already beat 3 times.

With that said, NU is definitely the underdog v Genny, so this is definitely putting the cart before the horse, as the saying goes.
              Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                I thought Point being undefeated was going to work in SNC’s favor last weekend. Probably won’t be the last time I’m wrong about something...
                I felt the same way and I was very, very wrong.
                5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                  If we can beat Genny, which I think we can, I'd rather see Hobart in the finals just to get 1 up on them after last year and to prove the NEHC competitiveness. Hobart plays a great game and is disciplined. It would be a great game.
                  Norwich beat Hobart three times this year, including the NEHC finals. I consider last year "avenged".

Three NEHC teams in the tourney this year proves the competitiveness.

I don't want to see Hobart until next season.

Comment

Norwich beat Hobart three times this year, including the NEHC finals. I consider last year "avenged".

After all the cr@p that the NEHC seems to take, it just would seem cool to see two teams from the NEHC in the finals, especially playing out in the "great" flyover. That being said, first things first, but regardless of the outcome of the NU game, I'd love to at least one NEHC team in the finals.
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Where is the NEHC love? Hobart would love to play the Cadets on Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by Bartman View Post
                        Where is the NEHC love? Hobart would love to play the Cadets on Saturday
                        Haha, I'm giving you love by saying I DON'T want to play you again!

Both our squads have monumental challenges in front of them before we even think about playing each other again. Good luck...I think.

Comment

After all the cr@p that the NEHC seems to take, it just would seem cool to see two teams from the NEHC in the finals, especially playing out in the "great" flyover. That being said, first things first, but regardless of the outcome of the NU game, I'd love to at least one NEHC team in the finals.
                          Let's put it this way. If Norwich wins on Friday, then I don't want to see Hobart in the final on Saturday. If Norwich loses on Friday, then I would like to see Hobart in the final on Saturday.
                          Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                            Let's put it this way. If Norwich wins on Friday, then I don't want to see Hobart in the final on Saturday. If Norwich loses on Friday, then I would like to see Hobart in the final on Saturday.
                            Amen

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              Genny is faster, Point is stronger along the boards... I agree that it'll be fun to watch.
                              Ask Norbert about Point's speed. I think you are selling them short. I have yet to see a team that can out skate them. Their defense is faster than most teams forwards. There isn't a single forward that can't fly.

It is easy to seem like you are stronger against the boards when you are turning races that appear to be 50/50 races to 75/25 races in your favor.
                              I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
                                Ask Norbert about Point's speed. I think you are selling them short. I have yet to see a team that can out skate them. Their defense is faster than most teams forwards. There isn't a single forward that can't fly.

It is easy to seem like you are stronger against the boards when you are turning races that appear to be 50/50 races to 75/25 races in your favor.
                                They are fast. I heard the sequal to Icarus is going to feature them.

Comment

Working...
                                X