NCAA Semifinal #2 Hobart v Wisconsin-Stevens Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Semifinal #2 Hobart v Wisconsin-Stevens Point

I know its cheesy, but Willett be difficult to out point the statesmen?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: NCAA Semifinal #2 Hobart v Wisconsin-Stevens Point

I am thinking a Point/Geneseo final....two very similar teams...
    very quick, hard working forward group, with solid D and goal tending...
    looking forward to three good games this coming Friday/Saturday...
    SNC Men:
    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Looking for a Statesmen "miracle on ice" against the Pointers. Hobart will do what they have done this season.... keep digging all game, never give up, and hopefully bury the doggies bone. That said, only respect for the Pointer's undefeated season to date. Hopefully Liam will have eagle eyes and catlike reflexes and the puck will bounce favorably for the Statesmen's attack. Good Luck to both teams.

Comment

NU & Hobart are big under dogs and well deserved by Point and Genny. Great seasons...I don't remember the last undefeated season in
        D3 and have been following 20 seasons. Could not believe the NU vs UNE featured goalies from yes France & England.

Comment

Originally posted by nascoo View Post
          Great seasons...I don't remember the last undefeated season in D3 and have been following 20 seasons.
          According to Dan Lukes game preview from last week, there has never been an undefeated season in D3.
          5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
          2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

NU & Hobart are big under dogs and well deserved by Point and Genny. Great seasons...I don't remember the last undefeated season in
            D3 and have been following 20 seasons. Could not believe the NU vs UNE featured goalies from yes France & England.
            RIT, 2001....well until the last game.... yesterday was the Anniversary.... HAPPY 27-1-1 Day RIT!!

Fredonia went into the NCAA Final Four undefeated I want to say in the early 90s. Adrian had a 1 loss season (but didn't even make the NCAA tournament). Middlebury had a few 2 loss seasons if I remember correctly.
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
              According to Dan Lukes game preview from last week, there has never been an undefeated season in D3.
              Make sure you remind RIT fans of that.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Bemidji State was able to accomplish it in D-II in the 83-84 season. Up until the 83-84 season, there was no D-III Hockey. Then after that season, the NCAA did away with D-II hockey and there was only D-I and D-III. That is until 1992-93, when D-II was started up again and subsequently killed off in the 1998-99 season.
                Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

ticket info:

https://athletics.uwsp.edu/news/2019...announced.aspx
                  SNC Men:
                  Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                  NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                  SNC Women:
                  O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                    RIT, 2001....well until the last game.... yesterday was the Anniversary.... HAPPY 27-1-1 Day RIT!!

Fredonia went into the NCAA Final Four undefeated I want to say in the early 90s. Adrian had a 1 loss season (but didn't even make the NCAA tournament). Middlebury had a few 2 loss seasons if I remember correctly.
                    Norwich a one loss team in both the 2009-10 and 2016-17 National Championship seasons.
                    Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                      Norwich a one loss team in both the 2009-10 and 2016-17 National Championship seasons.
                      Ah yes, but I believe RIT and Fredonia are the only two DIII teams to go into the final weekend undefeated (and now UWSP). Neither team left that way....will UWSP...
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by Bartman View Post
                        Looking for a Statesmen "miracle on ice" against the Pointers. Hobart will do what they have done this season.... keep digging all game, never give up, and hopefully bury the doggies bone. That said, only respect for the Pointer's undefeated season to date. Hopefully Liam will have eagle eyes and catlike reflexes and the puck will bounce favorably for the Statesmen's attack. Good Luck to both teams.
                        Salve did just that last year.. great goaltending from Wojtala and buried their chances (Udahl). One game!! Anything can happen. I will say this a lot of the shots were from the perimeter that night. Salve defense was very good keeping the fast pointers on the outside and clearing people in front of the net. Not a lot of 2nd chances.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                          I am thinking a Point/Geneseo final....two very similar teams...
                          very quick, hard working forward group, with solid D and goal tending...
                          looking forward to three good games this coming Friday/Saturday...
                          Genny is faster, Point is stronger along the boards... I agree that it'll be fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            Genny is faster, Point is stronger along the boards... I agree that it'll be fun to watch.

Should be two great games. Genny and UWSP would be an awesome match-up. That being said, Hobart just seems to always be ready to go and you can't deny Norwich's current undefeated streak. Good luck to all involved.

Comment

Originally posted by landing1010 View Post
                              Should be two great games. Genny and UWSP would be an awesome match-up. That being said, Hobart just seems to always be ready to go and you can't deny Norwich's current undefeated streak. Good luck to all involved.
                              I'm looking forward to a Norwich/Hobart final, myself
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X