Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

There were maybe 5 BU forwards out there who should be BU forwards. And the D men need a poise transplant.

They gave it a good fight. The better team won.

I’d love to see Jake back. He had a good second half. Bowers regressed. Fabrro is gone. Are the freshman good enough to get over .500? Is the coaching? We’ll see.
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      There were maybe 5 BU forwards out there who should be BU forwards. And the D men need a poise transplant.

They gave it a good fight. The better team won.

I’d love to see Jake back. He had a good second half. Bowers regressed. Fabrro is gone. Are the freshman good enough to get over .500? Is the coaching? We’ll see.
      And tough to win without your hottest goal scorer.

Comment

Sidebar comment... at $13.50 for a beer and $11.00 for a slice of the worst pizza on the planet, that might be my last garden event that I ever bother with. What a rip-off.

As to the game, we fought the good fight but the better team won.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          Sidebar comment... at $13.50 for a beer and $11.00 for a slice of the worst pizza on the planet, that might be my last garden event that I ever bother with. What a rip-off.

As to the game, we fought the good fight but the better team won.
          And what is WITH the NO CASH any more??? And no gelato. BAH!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Yeah... the limited cash lines are quite annoying too.

Comment

Mookie fault. He went to bed as soon as the 3rd ended
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Truth . I don’t want to look at the beating my checking account took last night .

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Wow ok. We went all the way down to get FiveHole12 a gelato and **crickets**. He was equally depressed.

Comment

...worst pizza on the planet...

Now that's an understatement! [gag]
                    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Limiting this post to thoughts on the game:

- Overall, given the lack of Farabee, I thought we played a good game, but the better team (at least on the ice) won. I was concerned that this might be a blowout, so to go to OT and have an opportunity to win it was a testament to the effort they gave.
                      - As is often the case with this team, the execution (not effort) was inconsistent. The first period was very solid, despite being outshot (I believe). Then the second period was once again a different story. They had some good moments in the third and OT.
                      - Tough games for Krys (again) and Kotkansalo. Krys continues to pass up the easy play to try something more aggressive. How we didn't give up a goal when he lost control of the puck after trying to bring it up ice rater than pass it (the play when Chabot subsequently lost his stick), and the puck was in our zone for seemingly a minute and a half, I don't know. As I have said before, if we are down a goal late in a game, I am fine with him being out there. But in most other situations, I really would prefer almost any other defenseman on the roster.
                      - I also thought Cockerill struggled (despite his waved off goal). With his speed I want him driving the net. It seemed that he pulled up on almost every rush, including the maddening one in OT where he made a great play to create an odd man rush, only to lose control of the puck in his skates while trying to pull up and make a pass.
                      - As chickod mentioned, the clear by Kotkansalo was just one mistake too many. He certainly looked like he knew he screwed it up. But he wasn't the only one that had a failed clear. Even Fabbro made a pass directly to the NU point man at one point (a very rare misplay by him).
                      - I thought the waved off goal was the right call, and I thought we were lucky that they waved off the second NU goal. On the first, I thought Bobo was pushed into the crease, but then he just stayed in there and went down over the top of Primeau. On the second goal, the bump by the NU player, if anything, may have helped Oettinger get over to the side that he needed to get to to try to make the save. I don't buy the argument that they both had to be called the same way - they were not the same play. The Cockerill goal reminded me of the waved off Greenway goal last year against BC, with Tkachuk being in the crease.

A bummer of an ending to a roller coaster season...
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

not a roller coaster season- one filled with disappointment
                        Failure of returning players to improve was one of problems
                        Outside of Curry, Amonte and Crotty most flat lined or regressed
                        Freshman class outside of Farabee was less than advertised

Comment

mookie doesn't get "they were tired".

sounds like they need to start skating sprints in july.

quick guess at the ot record being 1-3-4
                          not inspiring at all.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            mookie doesn't get "they were tired".

sounds like they need to start skating sprints in july.

quick guess at the ot record being 1-3-4
                            not inspiring at all.
                            They were tired because we basically rolled ~9 forwards for most of the game.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Extra sprints then.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                Yeah.

The bottom 6 (save for Ty) we’re useless all season. This needs to be fixed.

And Logan... I had such high hopes for him this season. I don’t know what happened to his game, but I hope it’s fixable.

Bad Travis Roy flashbacks last night. I hope Hutsko is okay.
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X