Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

AIC is still playing, BU is not. Besides ease of schedule, is there one single advantage AIC has over BU in being good at hockey? How many AIC players would be invited to play at BU? How many BU players would be invited to play at AIC?
    Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      St. Cloud.... Wow, I can’t even.
      They are 0-4 as a #1 seed. Ooph...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
        IMO, 1991 was absolutely the worst. After coming back from three down to take the lead, then giving it up again, to MacEachern hitting the post in OT. Excrutiating! 2015 was bad, but it was sort of like Buckner in '86. The "gaffe" didn't cost them the game. What subsequently followed did. Not covering the wing on the face-off lost the game. It was a bad play, but after the momentum shift you could just see it coming. But 1991 was like a knife through the heart.
        Result aside, it ranks as one the most exciting games that I have attended.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
          My point is, you get what you pay for. Uvm and Umaine are most likely the lowest paid coaches in the league. He has a job still because it is good enough for the university. Same as with Maine. It isn’t rocket science.
          If UVM is satisfied with poor results and boring hockey, perhaps they should consider dropping to DIII. And losing to Norwich.
          I doubt that is the case. They could do much better than the past several seasons.
          Are you a relative of Sneddon?

Comment

Does AIC have a grad transfer available?
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

I watched most of UMass' win over Harvard. What struck me was how rarely they pass the puck D to D when transitioning from defense to offense. I've always thought that it is smart play to do so - it seems like the safe play when relieving pressure of an oncoming forechecker, and the pros certainly do it all the time. But it made me wonder why Carvel takes a different approach, and if it something that he did based on the talent he has or if it just a new way of playing the game. Obviously having Makar and Ferraro gives you options, but it wasn't just that they would rush the puck up themselves - they ofter would pass it up the boards or in the middle to a forward. Maybe it was just part of the game plan against Harvard. I'll be interested to see if today's game against Notre Dame is any different.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Is it possible for mortals to access the NCAA Transfer Portal, or does one need to have an official NCAA relationship?

Comment

Dante’s skating with the Preds tonight.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    Dante’s skating with the Preds tonight.
                    Oettinger first start as well looking great up 3-1 4 mins left

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                      Pardon my pettiness. We never regained the lead in that game once NMU came back from being down 3-0 to make it 6-3. Tomlinson made it 6-4, then NMU went up 7-4. Then we had the three goals over the last 7 or so minutes (Amonte, McEachern, Sacco) to tie it up. And then of course, we came SO close to what would have been perhaps even more incredible than 2009, if Amonte had been able to beat Billy Pye in the closing seconds of regulation. That would have been 4 goals in 7 minutes, including 2 in the last 39 seconds to tie and then win the game. Alas...
                      This was the worst. Plus it ruined a classic song for me. I was watching the game in a bar and when NMU scored the OT winner it was during the piano part in 'Layla.' If you read some of the history of this game, Pye talks about how lucky he was that Amonte hit him in the glove. Also, remember that the McEachern post followed the Kevin O'Sullivan five hole post...
                      "What about my asthma?"
                      "Where'd you come from - a scotch ad?"

Comment

Shawn also hit pipe late in the Colgate game the year before....

Terriors lose like no others . We just seem to find incredible ways to crash and burn

Would be hard throwing together a top 10 list of ncaa tragedies— too many options
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Terriors lose like no others . We just seem to find incredible ways to crash and burn

Would be hard throwing together a top 10 list of ncaa tragedies— too many options
                          Yeah, kind of like scoring two goals in the last minute of a national championship game. Or winning said game on a puck that deflects high in the air and drops behind the goaltender and into the net that he still hasn't seen.

(but you're right...the bad outnumber the good in that department...)

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Mookie

Talk to Clarkson fans. We've been crashing and burning (2x to you in my lifetime) for quite a while.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Mookie

Talk to Clarkson fans. We've been crashing and burning (2x to you in my lifetime) for quite a while.
                              The one I remember is the 1977 ECAC Championship (you had Dave Taylor) when we scored three goals in the last four minutes or so to win 6-5. Not too many people remember that game, because it followed the epic 10-9 UNH win over Cornell in 2OT. Many people left the Garden after that game.

What was the other one?

Comment

Originally posted by SpauldingSmails View Post
                                This was the worst. Plus it ruined a classic song for me. I was watching the game in a bar and when NMU scored the OT winner it was during the piano part in 'Layla.' If you read some of the history of this game, Pye talks about how lucky he was that Amonte hit him in the glove. Also, remember that the McEachern post followed the Kevin O'Sullivan five hole post...
                                As if we need another reminder of that crushing loss, Darryl Plandowski's son will be skating for Quinnipiac in a couple of seasons.
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X