Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      IMO, 1991 was absolutely the worst. After coming back from three down to take the lead, then giving it up again, to MacEachern hitting the post in OT. Excrutiating!
      Pardon my pettiness. We never regained the lead in that game once NMU came back from being down 3-0 to make it 6-3. Tomlinson made it 6-4, then NMU went up 7-4. Then we had the three goals over the last 7 or so minutes (Amonte, McEachern, Sacco) to tie it up. And then of course, we came SO close to what would have been perhaps even more incredible than 2009, if Amonte had been able to beat Billy Pye in the closing seconds of regulation. That would have been 4 goals in 7 minutes, including 2 in the last 39 seconds to tie and then win the game. Alas...
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Look for rugged winger Alex Brink, who will graduate from Brown this spring, to play another season at Boston University as a grad student

Had his most productive year with 6 goals and 8 assists this year
        Not something to get excited about- We failed with out Brown transfer this year

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
          Look for rugged winger Alex Brink, who will graduate from Brown this spring, to play another season at Boston University as a grad student

Had his most productive year with 6 goals and 8 assists this year
          Not something to get excited about- We failed with out Brown transfer this year
          Yeah doesn't sound like an impact guy, scoring-wise. But we are all here saying we need older players, maybe this guy brings maturity and leadership that the team will need next season.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Yeah doesn't sound like an impact guy, scoring-wise. But we are all here saying we need older players, maybe this guy brings maturity and leadership that the team will need next season.
            Also a different scenario than Willman - who came to BU coming off the year he missed at Brown. Brink missed his sophomore year and has played two in a row since.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

This Harvard goalie Lackey has a year of eligibility left if he were to graduate this year, he's having an excellent game against UMass - might be a good option to pursue as a grad transfer?
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                Also a different scenario than Willman - who came to BU coming off the year he missed at Brown. Brink missed his sophomore year and has played two in a row since.
                Originally posted by defkit View Post
                Absolutely zero risk in adding Brink to next season's roster. Sure BU needs scoring, but also maturity/leadership plus size/physicality. If Brink makes a positive impact in the latter areas and strengthens the bottom-6 F corps, that's all one should realistically expect.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                  This Harvard goalie Lackey has a year of eligibility left if he were to graduate this year, he's having an excellent game against UMass - might be a good option to pursue as a grad transfer?
                  Lackey sat out the 2016-17 season. Prior to this season he only played 16 games his first 2 seasons before playing 25 this season to date. USNTDP alum; split duties there with ex-Wisconsin recruit Luke Opilka.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    Not to mention when I read rugged I think of a guy who will play a physical game, something many here mentioned over and over during the season. Looking at his Brown bio they state he is 6’0”, 200 pounds. If he does bring maturity and leadership along with his size and experience I think he can help a lot next season.

Sean
                    Last edited by Sean Pickett; 03-29-2019, 03:55 PM.
                    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                    BU Hockey highlights and extras
                    NCAA Hockey Financials
                    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      I plan on watching some Regional action today. And it will make me sad that it will be years before the Terriers are back on the big stage. It was a nice run with three painful and excruciating near misses.
                      During the nice run you just mentioned BU missed the NCAAs in 4 out of 5 years (2010, '11, '13, '14) as well as in 1999, 20001 and 2004. Just how many years do you expect BU to now miss the NCCAs?

Sean
                      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                      BU Hockey highlights and extras
                      NCAA Hockey Financials
                      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

In CHN's most recent article on BU, it mentions Fabbro and Krys will graduate this summer in addition to Jake. Pretty good look for the program to have this many top players stay through graduation and do so early.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

RW with size. 14 points for Brown last season.
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            In CHN's most recent article on BU, it mentions Fabbro and Krys will graduate this summer in addition to Jake. Pretty good look for the program to have this many top players stay through graduation and do so early.
                            https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2019/03/29_OConnell-BU-Prepared-For.php
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2019/03/29_OConnell-BU-Prepared-For.php
                              I liked what Albie had to say in this article. Can’t say why but my gut is telling me this program is going to be fine. While it was a down year it could have been much worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                They should include Juniors in Senior night moving forward.

Regarding the Brown kid, 6 goals from a 4th liner!? Bestill my heart. Sign me up!

St. Cloud.... Wow, I can’t even.
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X