Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Originally posted by SMW_Bu21 View Post
    https://***********/mikemcmahonchn/s...573973504?s=21

Not surprised about Prawdzik, but Switzer seems a little surprising to me
    It was obvious for Prawdzik when Purpura was brought in early. And both received their bon voyages at Senior Day.

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
      How does Sneddon keep his job? Not only have the Catamounts been bad, they are boring even when good. Great fan base that deserves better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
        How does Sneddon keep his job? Not only have the Catamounts been bad, they are boring even when good. Great fan base that deserves better.
        You strike me as dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by boots68 View Post
          Lol so now the person who books the hotels is leaving (is she pregnant? Is she marrying someone and moving away? Is she sick of Boston winters? Who the hell knows and why is it even an issue? She ain’t a player and no offense to her easily replaceable.
          The Colby situation smells of a personal vendetta. Earlier this year with BU 0-4-1 or whatever he tweeted out asking what was going on and asking why bu was playing so poorly. So back then he did not know any of the situation but now he’s the man and knows all the back room dealings. Which one is it? Albie was an assistant when Colby was being recruited. Something said on the recruiting trail or during an NU BU game? Totally fees like Colby had a vendetta and is taking the opportunity to twist the knife.
          But 10 years ago Colby was supporting his coach despite the Boston Globe investigation showing a total lack of control of the program. Colby sounds like a complete fraud. And Coach Parker as the Pope of BU hockey should tell Colby to shut the hell up. No matter what you think of the coaching staff or other things about the program crap like that is not going to help the program succeed, Oh and did I say I think Colby is a complete fraud? I mean Farabee is ready to go to the next level meaning the NHL. He seems more ready than Tkachuk seemed last year and he’s had a nice bit of success this year.
          Ha. Exactly. Cohen has always been full of it. ALWAYS.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Anyone leave last night?
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Anyone leave last night?
              Didnt think there was anyone left....

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                You strike me as dumb.
                Have you ever read any of your own posts?

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                  Have you ever read any of your own posts?
                  My point is, you get what you pay for. Uvm and Umaine are most likely the lowest paid coaches in the league. He has a job still because it is good enough for the university. Same as with Maine. It isn’t rocket science.

Comment

Just checking in to see if anyone else has left, was fired, quit, or was falsely reported as fired/quitting. We good today?

I plan on watching some Regional action today. And it will make me sad that it will be years before the Terriers are back on the big stage. It was a nice run with three painful and excruciating near misses. Ranked:

1) 2015
                    2) 1997
                    3) 1991
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      Just checking in to see if anyone else has left, was fired, quit, or was falsely reported as fired/quitting. We good today?

I plan on watching some Regional action today. And it will make me sad that it will be years before the Terriers are back on the big stage. It was a nice run with three painful and excruciating near misses. Ranked:

1) 2015
                      2) 1997
                      3) 1991
                      Just for fun...Mike McMahon just tweeted that "Told from several sources a D1 head coaching change will be announced today..."..its the Saint Lawrence coach.
                      Last edited by Lemonade; 03-29-2019, 11:46 AM.

Comment

1) 2015
                        2) 1997
                        3) 1991
                        IMO, 1991 was absolutely the worst. After coming back from three down to take the lead, then giving it up again, to MacEachern hitting the post in OT. Excrutiating! 2015 was bad, but it was sort of like Buckner in '86. The "gaffe" didn't cost them the game. What subsequently followed did. Not covering the wing on the face-off lost the game. It was a bad play, but after the momentum shift you could just see it coming. But 1991 was like a knife through the heart. It just ended. 2015 they still had a chance to tie in the last minute.

And to be fair, everything evens out on the end. We had no business winning in '09. Period. Millan was fighting the puck the last five games of the season (in fact, he almost lost the game with three seconds left AFTER the two goals in the last minute to tie). '78 and '95 were dominating performances from start to finish. Regarding '97, tough to expect two great games in a row after the heart-thumping win over Michigan.

Just my ten cents...(adjusted for inflation)

Comment

it will make me sad that it will be years before the Terriers are back on the big stage.
                          The only consolation is that the days of the college hockey dynasty are most likely over. The new normal is more akin to what it is in other sports. Be happy if you get there every few years. We were spoiled by continued excellence AND the fact that there just weren't a lot of top-tier teams that you had to beat to get there. We will never see those years again.

Heck, I remember when the Frozen Four (called the "Final Four" then until the NCAA basketball folks literally trademarked the name) was at the Boston Garden THREE YEARS IN A ROW! Now THOSE were the days! But they're not coming back...as someone else mentioned a couple of days before on one of the threads...don't be sad that they're gone. Be happy that you were here to see them. They were memories to cherish for a lifetime!

Comment

1) 2015
                            2) 1997
                            3) 1991
                            Capfriendly is reporting that Bowers signed with Colorado.

While not a national championship game, 2006 versus BC was a tough pill to swallow especially given that I think we beat them 4 times that season.

Comment

Originally posted by kbz View Post
                              Capfriendly is reporting that Bowers signed with Colorado.

While not a national championship game, 2006 versus BC was a tough pill to swallow especially given that I think we beat them 4 times that season.
                              That game has been permanently erased from my memory. I had to be restrained when the BC fan sitting next to me said to my wife, "What's the matter? Are you going to cry?" (But I believe Bomber was referencing Frozen Four games only)
                              Last edited by chickod; 03-29-2019, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                We had no business winning in '09. Period.
                                I'm not sure about that... having to come back at the end to win kind of makes it fell that way, but on the flip side we were, for the most part, the best team in college hockey throughout the season and should have been the ones to win.

Comment

Working...
                                X