Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    The BU Hockey blog is tweeting that he’s gone.
    No they're not. They said he wouldn't be the biggest name BU would lose...we'll see how this ends up but would be unfortunate to see him go.

Comment

Will our terriors be able to dress 21?!?
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Club team call ups.

I re-read the tweet. It was a brain twister. On the 4th read I figured it out. So what I’m saying is that at this point, we do t know.
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Easily. Without Cheremeta, BU would have 15 forwards on the roster and 8 D.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            Easily. Without Cheremeta, BU would have 15 forwards on the roster and 8 D.
            Today

Comment

Sean et al

In preparation for moving, I found a VCR tape of the 1991 NCAA semifinal between Clarkson and BU.

Assuming it's still in good shape, how do I upload it to YouTube??
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Sean et al

In preparation for moving, I found a VCR tape of the 1991 NCAA semifinal between Clarkson and BU.

You have to convert it to digital format first. Which means (if you still have a VCR ) you would have to "play" the tape and plug the output to video capture software on your computer, where you could then import the resulting file into an 'editing' program such as Pinnacle Studio, PowerDirector or MovieMaker. You can then upload the file to YouTube. If you have a Mac, you could use something like iMovie. Unfortunately, it's a bit of an effort to convert...

Comment

Don't worry about joe he can bring it all day!!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Sean et al

I'm trying to decide what to do with the roughly 40 games I have on VHS tapes...mostly Beanpot and HE/NCAA tournament games. Funny how what used to look like ok quality now looks so terrible (of course the fact that they are VHS tapes doesn't help, but not having HD back then makes a huge difference). Also annoying is not having the score always showing on the screen.

I have put some games and highlight compilations on DVD, but those generally have a 2-hour limit, I believe...
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Sean et al

I believe it’s already there.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                        I'm trying to decide what to do with the roughly 40 games I have on VHS tapes...mostly Beanpot and HE/NCAA tournament games. Funny how what used to look like ok quality now looks so terrible (of course the fact that they are VHS tapes doesn't help, but not having HD back then makes a huge difference). Also annoying is not having the score always showing on the screen.

I have put some games and highlight compilations on DVD, but those generally have a 2-hour limit, I believe...
                        Will you ever really look at them? If not toss them, if so you would need to convert them somehow as they don’t make VCRs anymore.
                        Last edited by ericredaxe; 05-12-2019, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Yes, you need to play the tape of the game and have the output sent to your computer where you can capture the game with video software. And you might need a digital converter box if your computer can’t accept analog video signals. I have over 35 years of BU games on Beta, VHS, S-VHS and D-VHS, which is why most haven’t been converted. I believe one is the ‘91 BU- Clarkson semifinal, but I taped over the BU-NMU final.

What BU wins (and some draws) do people want to see highlights of? I believe I have televised games from the 1986-87 season on (I’m still mad about not having the 1986 Hockey East final on tape).

Sean
                          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                          BU Hockey highlights and extras
                          NCAA Hockey Financials
                          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

5 of 6 Bs' goals by NCAA products. 3 assists each for Coyle and Krug.
                            Last edited by Rogie21; 05-12-2019, 04:49 PM.
                            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                              What BU wins (and some draws) do people want to see highlights of? I believe I have televised games from the 1986-87 season on (I’m still mad about not having the 1986 Hockey East final on tape). Sean
                              If you're offering, would like to see highlights of '95 HE title game when Matt Wright's GWG was the last collegiate goal scored at the old Garden. And from the same season, the NCAA regional win vs. LSSU with Kai Linna's hat trick.
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

I had the 1 from the 42-1-2 season. Lent it to a friend. #LongGone. Love to see that one.

In other news: HE going back to an 11 team playoff. *sigh*.
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X