Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    They were tired because we basically rolled ~9 forwards for most of the game.
    5 D that we’re drafted wanted to be forwards all year - they had a green light to do what ever all season . Just look at the power play and the transition game .

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Maybe we ought to start recruiting some older players...I know it's exciting to watch the occasional phenom, but I'll take a few Matt Gilroy's instead.

Separate point, I also wonder whether the real and perceived improvement of Northeastern as an academic choice has drained some of the recruits that might once have only considered BC/BU.
      "What about my asthma?"
      "Where'd you come from - a scotch ad?"

Comment

Question-Did Wise play few enough games to be red shirted?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Question-Did Wise play few enough games to be red shirted?
          I don't believe so, redshirt qualification last I remember was <20% of your team's total games.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by SpauldingSmails View Post
            ...Separate point, I also wonder whether the real and perceived improvement of Northeastern as an academic choice has drained some of the recruits that might once have only considered BC/BU.
            You're onto something here. BU and BC pretty much functioned as a recruiting duopoly and pretty much got whomever they wanted. A-list recruits who couldn't fit in one or the other tended to gravitate to UNH as the preferred consolation prize. But the rise of NU, Providence, and UMass changes the calculus. The duopoly is no more. BU and BC will still be attractive to the A-listers but so will the other three. UNH is no longer the landing spot of choice if Comm. Ave. is not in the cards and that seems to be reflected in their last few recruiting classes.
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
              Sidebar comment... at $13.50 for a beer and $11.00 for a slice of the worst pizza on the planet, that might be my last garden event that I ever bother with. What a rip-off.

As to the game, we fought the good fight but the better team won.
              Not to mention the expected tips of at least 12%.

Between that and the 4 PM start I may give it a miss next season. I haven't missed a semifinal or final since 2007, that is likely to change.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
                Not to mention the expected tips of at least 12%..
                f that

not brought to my seat? mookie should be getting the tip
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
                  Not to mention the expected tips of at least 12%.
                  Tip? For what? If I have to wait in a line to buy something, I pay for that. That’s it.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    I don't believe so, redshirt qualification last I remember was <20% of your team's total games.
                    Is it <20% games missed due to injury? Because he didn’t dress for some games before he got injured.

Comment

There are no doubt lots of question marks for this team heading into the "off-season":
                      - Is Albie a good head coach? I certainly hope so and he gets at least another year to prove himself. The comparison to DQ's first year is admittedly a bit of a stretch because the recruiting had suffered in the last few years under Parker (save for a few key guys like Eichel), and many guys on that team didn't play at a high D-1 level after that season. Is Madigan an example of why teams need to be patient with head coaches?
                      - I'm assuming that Oettinger is going to sign. If not, great. But if he does, I guess Purpura is the man next year, and then he and Commesso fight it out after that?
                      - On defense, we are definitely going to lose Fabbro, he is ready for the next level. As I've complained for a while now, I wouldn't be upset if Krys left, his game is maddening to me. Crotty seems like the he'll be the most reliable. I like Farrance's game, I'm not sure why it seems to take most of the season to get going (each of the last two seasons). I think the jury is still out on Blixt. He could certainly turn into a solid player, but he was a little raw this season. Kotkansalo was up and down throughout the season. We have a strong group coming in, at least the three from the USNDTP. Vlasic looks like he could be a force right away, and McCarthy looks like he is solid. Fensore (sp?) sounds like he is the Fortunato/Krys type of offensive defenseman.
                      - At forward, I agree that Bowers regressed, his point total certainly did. Curry was probably the most improved player on the team IMHO. I really hope Farabee doesn't leave after just one season. I really think he needs another year to gain strength and experience, let's hope the Flyers agree. I thought the same thing about Tkachuk, but of course his game is more brute force than skill. I'm not giving up on Wise, I think he still has the skills to be successful. Like Bomber said, I have no idea why Cockerill regressed - he looked poised to take a big leap. Quercia did ok, DeBoer looked out of place much of the time - he needs to improve his skating/speed to be a regular. Zegras and Mastrosimone would be able to step in to the top two lines right away, given the lack of skilled forwards on the roster.

Let's hope the ship gets righted next season.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Hardship waiver restrictions are as follows -

No more than 30% of games played, injury must end season and occur in first half of the season. If 30% of games played results in an extra percentage of game it's rounded up to the next whole number...

In BU's case (38 x .30) the number is 11.4 rounded up to 12 - which is the number of games Wise played. According to USCHO his last game was Dec. 1st, meaning he would qualify...

The number for hockey is essentially 12, with 34 regular season games + two for a best of three series + one counted game for championship weekend...
                        Live Free or Die!!
                        Miami University '03

Comment

Oh, and it’s official. First time since (I think I read 1962) that the NCAA Tournament will exclude all five “Big 5” schools. (BU, BC, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota). #NotYourFathersCollegeHockey
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                            There are no doubt lots of question marks for this team heading into the "off-season":
                            As I've complained for a while now, I wouldn't be upset if Krys left, his game is maddening to me.
                            Let's hope the ship gets righted next season.
                            Didn't you find McAvoy equally maddening at times? I am not saying that Krys is the next McAvoy, just that there has been a recent highly recruited defense man who turned the puck over a lot and turned out to be a great pro (so far). Even watching McAvoy in the Comm Ave classic was frustrating with the number of turnovers. Only at the higher level did he begin (still happens) to be more responsible with the biscuit.
                            "What about my asthma?"
                            "Where'd you come from - a scotch ad?"

Comment

Originally posted by SpauldingSmails View Post
                              Didn't you find McAvoy equally maddening at times? I am not saying that Krys is the next McAvoy, just that there has been a recent highly recruited defense man who turned the puck over a lot and turned out to be a great pro (so far). Even watching McAvoy in the Comm Ave classic was frustrating with the number of turnovers. Only at the higher level did he begin (still happens) to be more responsible with the biscuit.
                              It's a fair question. McAvoy did have some turnover issues. I guess the fact that his overall defensive game was much better than Krys (much more effective at winning puck battles, much more of a physical presence) is why I didn't have the same concerns with McAvoy. I viewed McAvoy as being a highly skilled two way d-man with some things he needed to button up (which as you note, he clearly has). I see Krys as someone who became such a prized recruit due to his skating and offensive skills, and he could used those skills to overcome his defensive weaknesses until he got to D-1 NCAA.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                                Oh, and it’s official. First time since (I think I read 1962) that the NCAA Tournament will exclude all five “Big 5” schools. (BU, BC, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota). #NotYourFathersCollegeHockey

Include Wisconsin. DU makes up the big seven based on title wins but they got in in 1969 and obviously this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X