Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Season?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    This is what your parents said about your generation and what their parents said about their generation. It’s what this generation will say about the next one. Things change...
    And they were all right...

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      And they were all right...
      no.
      Live Free or Die!!
      Miami University '03

Comment

Wow, I cannot believe that I agree with chickod on two things. Show is a jerk; when you hit a home run, just put your head down and run the bases. Berube has always been a thug, and I am disgusted to see the NHL reward goon hockey, snowflake that I am.

Comment

Just redirecting the thread for a hot second.

Has there been any discussion about a group trip for the Belfast games this year? In previous years, there has been a travel program, but I haven't seen much for this year.
          Just trying to plan ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
            Just redirecting the thread for a hot second.

Has there been any discussion about a group trip for the Belfast games this year? In previous years, there has been a travel program, but I haven't seen much for this year.
            Just trying to plan ahead.
            My family is seriously considering doing this and I too am curious about this. I have made a few inquiries on my own (outside of UNH) but would rather link in with that if it's a better deal. Airfares running about 800 each last I looked?
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Wow, I cannot believe that I agree with chickod on two things. Show is a jerk; when you hit a home run, just put your head down and run the bases. Berube has always been a thug, and I am disgusted to see the NHL reward goon hockey, snowflake that I am.
              The problem is watching softball through the prism of a baseball fan. It’s an entirely different game with different mannerisms and rules (written and unwritten). Shows bat flipping is no different from any number of celebratory practices in the game used by any number of players and teams...

I wonder what the reaction would be in baseball if a pitcher celebrated strikeouts like this. Shouldn’t she just take the ball and head back to the rubber?

NCAA Softball on Twitter

Kelly Barnhill keeping the Lady Vol bats quiet through 4! Florida 1, Tennessee 0 - Mid 4 #NCAASoftball | @GatorsSB https://t.co/p2Y51vamDP

The pitcher in this tweet is Barnhill - the pitcher Show took deep yesterday. In Softball it’s barely noticed. No one thinks she’s showing up the hitter. But I bet a baseball player would take exception. A number of baseball fans would probably think that’s jerky behavior.

And what about the C and IF throwing the ball around the horn? Is that showing up the hitter who just K’d or have we been doing that long enough it’s simply tradition nowadays...

The sport takes getting used to. It is NOT baseball. Two very different very great sports. I know and like both kids. They’re not jerks. They play the game with passion, they’re both very confident and they both love to win and despise losing...

If you hate it all you hate it all. Agree to disagree. I used to - but that’s because I put my projections of what those actions meant to me onto them. Generally speaking, Softball can’t pick and choose. It can’t celebrate all the excessive exhibitions of showmanship that have existed in the sport for years and then stick it’s nose up at bat flipping for no reason other than that baseball currently hates bat flipping...

—-

Angus Crookshank - Jerky ‘showboating’ or youthful excitement?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dMGDp-CXNRE
              Last edited by Dan; 06-01-2019, 12:19 AM.
              Live Free or Die!!
              Miami University '03

Comment

Dan, I get it having watched the game up close at the younger ages for 5 years and the college game from afar for about 15 years. For my taste, Show has taken it to a new level especially with Thursday's spike.

Must watch TV today at 2:30 EDT!
                Last edited by Darius; 06-01-2019, 08:06 AM.
                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  My family is seriously considering doing this and I too am curious about this. I have made a few inquiries on my own (outside of UNH) but would rather link in with that if it's a better deal. Airfares running about 800 each last I looked?
                  Give the four schools' athletic departments a post commencement catch up and rest period and we'll see something from them closer to fall? Just a guess. I am all in on this trip, making inquiries in August if there is no communication from the schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                    Give the four schools' athletic departments a post commencement catch up and rest period and we'll see something from them closer to fall? Just a guess. I am all in on this trip, making inquiries in August if there is no communication from the schools.
                    Yeah I’m not depending on UNH per se...and am not in any hurry! I’m sure the U will be promoting this eventually...got bigger fish to fry at the moment. Go Bruinssssss!
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Must watch TV today at 2:30 EDT!
                      UF struggles to score again and leaves a disappointing 0-2. They’re just 1-3 against Bama this year and - surprisingly all three Tide pitchers contributed in those wins, limiting the Gators to four runs in four games. Barnhill does her best, but loses to the Tide for the third time this year...

Washington - backed by a pair of aces, if necessary - is too much for Minnesota. Alvelo rests as Plain dominates. Gophers join the Gators at the BBQ...

Bruins top line has a day and Rask continues his great playoff run as the B’s take a 2-1 series lead in St. Louis...
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

UF struggles to score again and leaves a disappointing 0-2. They’re just 1-3 against Bama this year and - surprisingly all three Tide pitchers contributed in those wins, limiting the Gators to four runs in four games. Barnhill does her best, but loses to the Tide for the third time this year...

Washington - backed by a pair of aces, if necessary - is too much for Minnesota. Alvelo rests as Plain dominates. Gophers join the Gators at the BBQ...

Bruins top line has a day and Rask continues his great playoff run as the B’s take a 2-1 series lead in St. Louis...
                        I'm with you on the first two, especially with 'bama wanting SEC Championship revenge. Hopeful on the third, particularly the top line. Big time players in big time games.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                          I'm with you on the first two, especially with 'bama wanting SEC Championship revenge. Hopeful on the third, particularly the top line. Big time players in big time games.
                          Well, I hope you didn't sit around waiting all afternoon for this one. Just checked my phone - Alabama getting their revenge up 6-0 after one! On the bright side, PUMPED for Elizabeth Hightower to get a chance on this stage for UF. I like UF, but if I had to take issue with the Gator's program it would certainly be their regular habit of swooping in late and offering in-state kids like Hightower modest athletic money plus Sunshine Scholarships and as a result stealing them out from under the nose of hardworking, witty and handsome recruiters who thought their full-ride offers had sealed the deal (hypothetically speaking, of course)...

I like UW over OSU and Alabama (assuming this one is out of reach already) over Arizona tonight...
                          Live Free or Die!!
                          Miami University '03

Comment

Well, I hope you didn't sit around waiting all afternoon for this one. Just checked my phone - Alabama getting their revenge up 6-0 after one! On the bright side, PUMPED for Elizabeth Hightower to get a chance on this stage for UF. I like UF, but if I had to take issue with the Gator's program it would certainly be their regular habit of swooping in late and offering in-state kids like Hightower modest athletic money plus Sunshine Scholarships and as a result stealing them out from under the nose of hardworking, witty and handsome recruiters who thought their full-ride offers had sealed the deal (hypothetically speaking, of course)...

I like UW over OSU and Alabama (assuming this one is out of reach already) over Arizona tonight...
                            Fortunately not, especially considering the weather delay. Hightower isn't faring much better. Thankfully we have the run rule.

I am sticking with WA and with the current 10 - 0 beat down concur on AL later tonight.

Is it me or are there significantly more transfers in NCAA D -1 softball recently? Also, how is the home team determined in the WCWS? Thanks.

You should counter FL with Snow Scholarships.

Comment

Is it me or are there significantly more transfers in NCAA D -1 softball recently? Also, how is the home team determined in the WCWS?
                              Many more transfers - with student-athletes not having to sit a transfer year in softball it’s become prevalent. Unfortunately, it’s become common place because coaches - especially at the elite programs - have begun to actively recruit off mid-major or weaker P5 program rosters.

It’s shady. The players deserve the right to move around if they’re unhappy, IMO. Of course the adults in the room have taken advantage and ruined things. They’ll call up kids club coaches to let them know they have a scholly waiting should they want to transfer...

I’d imagine this same practice is becoming commonplace in hockey and other sports with the grad-transfer rules. A coach can call up an advisor and pitch his player on transferring before the player has even considered it...

—-

As for the home team selection a unless things have changed the higher seed is the home team for opening round and then they use some ridiculous formula based on who’s been home the most or visitor the most or most recent. It doesn’t make much sense which is why it’s so confusing...
                              Last edited by Dan; 06-01-2019, 07:48 PM.
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

• Bruins rolling thru one...
                                Live Free or Die!!
                                Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                                X