Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Season?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    If only there was a relaxing summer past time to follow that would take us right up next season. I could go for something like that, starting today!!
    There is. It's called G-O-L-F. I'll be at the range tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
      There is. It's called G-O-L-F. I'll be at the range tomorrow.
      I've had to dodge a few snowstorms, but I've been playing in CO since mid-Feb...

Only now, can I do golf AND baseball!
      Live Free or Die!!
      Miami University '03

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

I've had to dodge a few snowstorms, but I've been playing in CO since mid-Feb...

Only now, can I do golf AND baseball!
        Woo hoo! (I'm too old for baseball...can't run anymore after three knee surgeries)

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          Woo hoo! (I'm too old for baseball...can't run anymore after three knee surgeries)
          I mostly meant watching the Red Sox. I'm as into the Sox as I am into UNH Hockey - it will be a long summer for those who aren't, I guess. I can't play much anymore either, my shoulder is shredded after two third-degree separations. More importantly, I used to be pretty good. I'm not at that level any more and I don't handle it well. I throw too much at practices as it is. Golf is great, however, because I was never very good when I was young and I improve rapidly! Even if I'm still entirely mediocre. Plus out here in CO (at altitude), I play super long and its a real ego boost, haha...
          Last edited by Dan; 03-28-2019, 03:54 PM.
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

I mostly meant watching the Red Sox. I'm as into the Sox as I am into UNH Hockey - it will be a long summer for those who aren't, I guess. I can't play much anymore either, my shoulder is shredded after two third-degree separations. More importantly, I used to be pretty good. I'm not at that level any more and I don't handle it well. I throw too much at practices as it is. Golf is great, however, because I was never very good when I was young and I improve rapidly! Even if I'm still entirely mediocre. Plus out here in CO (at altitude), I play super long and its a real ego boost, haha...
            I digress...my Dad and I went to Boulder many years ago and while playing tennis he promptly lobbed a ball (back when people were still actually hitting lobs) that bounced once and went about ten feet OVER the external fence. I just watched in disbelief. After asking the pro, he said they use special low compression tennis balls there (which I had never really thought about - we just brought our own can of balls with us). Oh, and the other thing. I was sucking wind after ten minutes. There's just no air to breathe! (this was 36 years ago so I was young, too)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Go bosox!
              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                Go bosox!
                Hey HR is down for some bosox...
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Uh..anyone else see the Mark Divver tweet? BvR in the NCAA 'transfer portal'????? According to Divver he has 2 HE, 1 Big 10, 1 NCHC offers. I'd copy it but don't know how. Can anyone verify???
                  Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-28-2019, 08:06 PM.
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                    Awesome college game. And to think BU went on to win an NC after beating us the next night. Another missed opportunity!
                    BU made a deal with the devil the way they won games that season. Reading their board, apparently the deal has come due.
                    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      Uh..anyone else see the Mark Divver tweet? BvR in the NCAA 'transfer portal'????? According to Divver he has 2 HE, 1 Big 10, 1 NCHC offers. I'd copy it but don't know how. Can anyone verify???
                      Yes. Click here.
                      Last edited by chickod; 03-28-2019, 08:20 PM.

Comment

According to Mike McMahon "The NCAA transfer portal is new as of last October. It doesn’t mean a player is 100% transferring. All it does is open the communication. Once in the portal other teams can talk to you without penalty" . interesting.
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

https://247sports.com/Article/ncaa-t...ell-127655442/

Huh.

Comment

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm …

Maybe the vR family's allegiance ended with Coach Umile, and the youngest not a huge fan of MS7??

Sheer speculation, but he is on that list for a reason, one would think.
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Maybe the vR family's allegiance ended with Coach Umile, and the youngest not a huge fan of MS7??

Maybe they wanted options, just in case and all is well now. Even better than well.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Well, you'd think so...he's obviously checking out his options. To be able to play next year, at least, that's what I understand, he'd have to be finished with his UNH degree so he could come in as a Grad transfer without having to sit out a year. Hmmmm is right....

(ps this is just news out there folks...not trying to start some wild rumors!)
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X