Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Season?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

Quick question to fellow season ticket holders - did anyone (like us) towards the end of last season, pay a 50% renewal deposit for the 2019-20 season tickets? And if so, have you received a bill for the balance owed? We havent heard a peep from the ticket office since we paid our 50% deposit, usually they bill the STH's in June. It's a little over a month from the drop of the puck, just trying to figure out what we're supposed to do.....
    UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
      Quick question to fellow season ticket holders - did anyone (like us) towards the end of last season, pay a 50% renewal deposit for the 2019-20 season tickets? And if so, have you received a bill for the balance owed? We havent heard a peep from the ticket office since we paid our 50% deposit, usually they bill the STH's in June. It's a little over a month from the drop of the puck, just trying to figure out what we're supposed to do.....
      Maybe BS35+9 will call it good at 50% for you longtime STHers? :-)
      Last edited by Snively65; 08-30-2019, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
        JVR’s latest contract... 5 years, $35M. I can’t believe these GM’s don’t have your keen insight, Chuck!! ��
        Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        And, for a "third line plodder"?
        I'm glad you guys mentioned this. First, just to address one small but important mistaken assumption you've made, 'dc. One (1) guy - not "these (multiple?) GM's" - decided to pay JvR last offseason. His bosses were so pleased with him that he's currently no longer in that job. Just sayin'.

Anyway, time for a quick quiz …

(1) Who was the Flyers' GM who drafted JvR #2 overall in the 2007 NHL draft?
        (2) Who was the Flyers' GM who traded JvR to Toronto at the end of the 2012 season?
        (HINT - the answer to #1 and #2 is the same guy)
        (3) Name the 3rd pairing D-man JvR was traded for in 2012, who is now an AHL-NHL 'tweener"?
        (4) Who was the Maple Leafs' GM who traded for JvR, and yet still got fired about six months later?
        (5) Who were the Maple Leafs' head coach, GM and team president who decided to let JvR walk in 2018?
        (6) Who was the Flyers' GM who signed JvR for his return, and got fired 5 months later?

Bottom line, I think you'll find the answers to #5 more impressive than the rest. Make of it what you will.

Otherwise, I'm puzzled at how often some of you folks key into the money piece as some sign of success for a guy whose next All-Star appearance will be his first. Almost makes it sound like you guys are auditioning for a job as JvR's pool boy or something …
        Last edited by Chuck Murray; 08-30-2019, 10:29 PM.
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          I'm glad you guys mentioned this. First, just to address one small but important mistaken assumption you've made, 'dc. One (1) guy - not "these (multiple?) GM's" - decided to pay JvR last offseason. His bosses were so pleased with him that he's currently no longer in that job. Just sayin'.

Anyway, time for a quick quiz …

(2) Who was the Flyers' GM who traded JvR to Toronto at the end of the 2012 season?
          (HINT - the answer to #1 and #2 is the same guy)
          (3) Name the 3rd pairing D-man JvR was traded for in 2012, who is now an AHL-NHL 'tweener"?
          (4) Who was the Maple Leafs' GM who traded for JvR, and yet still got fired about six months later?
          (5) Who were the Maple Leafs' head coach, GM and team president who decided to let JvR walk in 2018?
          (6) Who was the Flyers' GM who signed JvR for his return, and got fired 5 months later?

Bottom line, I think you'll find the answers to #5 more impressive than the rest. Make of it what you will.

Otherwise, I'm puzzled at how often some of you folks key into the money piece as some sign of success for a guy whose next All-Star appearance will be his first. Almost makes it sound like you guys are auditioning for a job as JvR's pool boy or something …
          5 years, $35 million dollars. It speaks for itself.

When you get your GM job, you can choose to invest more in TvR than JvR. Let us know when that happens. Standing by....
          Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
            I paid in full - not even sure I was aware there was a 50% option. Now the question is whether they will help me get better seats this year. That’s been surprisingly (or not?) difficult to effect the last two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              Quick question to fellow season ticket holders - did anyone (like us) towards the end of last season, pay a 50% renewal deposit for the 2019-20 season tickets? And if so, have you received a bill for the balance owed? We haven't heard a peep from the ticket office since we paid our 50% deposit, usually they bill the STH's in June. It's a little over a month from the drop of the puck, just trying to figure out what we're supposed to do.....
              Scott I remember that letter and felt it was just another attempt to get our money early and make it work for them. Not a bad idea but don't remember a compelling reason to do it. Call them Tuesday and find out what is up, it has to be an oversite as most have signed up by now I would guess.
              And for dc, yeah, what happened to being able to go on the ticket site and see what was available? I remember being able to do that in the recent past but have not seen it in a while. Why wouldn't you do that if you were UNH?
              Last question. I sure hope we can get away tickets from UNH again this year. After their ticket manager left they lost their handle on that. So much easier than paying all the extra charges from away venues. Pick out 3 or 4 games, pay your $5.00 fee and be set.

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                Scott I remember that letter and felt it was just another attempt to get our money early and make it work for them. Not a bad idea but don't remember a compelling reason to do it. Call them Tuesday and find out what is up, it has to be an oversite as most have signed up by now I would guess.
                And for dc, yeah, what happened to being able to go on the ticket site and see what was available? I remember being able to do that in the recent past but have not seen it in a while. Why wouldn't you do that if you were UNH?
                Last question. I sure hope we can get away tickets from UNH again this year. After their ticket manager left they lost their handle on that. So much easier than paying all the extra charges from away venues. Pick out 3 or 4 games, pay your $5.00 fee and be set.
                Thanks! I actually e-mailed the ticketing manager and I'll wait until I hear back from her. I'm sure it's just a simple matter of logging into the portal and paying the balance owed, but it's easy to forget these things until they remind you. Then again, maybe Snively is correct and BS35+9 is cutting us some slack this year.
                UNH

Comment

I believe they only asked for 50% deposits for new season ticket holders. I asked if I had to pony up 50% and they stated long term season ticket holders can pay when due. The rest were due by 7/31-8/1 and extended some thereafter. Many call last minute and if you were a season ticket holder in the prior year, you may have an outside chance of getting your tickets for this year (unless someone purchased the tickets and are unwilling to change seats). I will look into away games on Tuesday and will send a short note on Fan Forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                    My guess is that they’d prefer we not see just how much is available. I don’t like being cynical, but I can’t think of another reason.

Comment

Stevie Moses had a great career in the KLH, scoring plenty and making good money. He broke the league's goal scoring record in 2015. Not too sad.

Comment

Originally posted by UNH1932 View Post
                        I believe they only asked for 50% deposits for new season ticket holders. I asked if I had to pony up 50% and they stated long term season ticket holders can pay when due. The rest were due by 7/31-8/1 and extended some thereafter. Many call last minute and if you were a season ticket holder in the prior year, you may have an outside chance of getting your tickets for this year (unless someone purchased the tickets and are unwilling to change seats). I will look into away games on Tuesday and will send a short note on Fan Forum.
                        Nope....it was communicated as an early incentive to all season ticket holders and we've been STH's for years. I was there when they had their tables set up in the Whitt, and they happily took our 50% deposit and told us "we would be billed later" for the balance. I'm sure that Kaitlyn will clarify this when I hear back from her.
                        UNH

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                          5 years, $35 million dollars. It speaks for itself.

When you get your GM job, you can choose to invest more in TvR than JvR. Let us know when that happens. Standing by....
                          I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, 'dc? I never said JvR wasn't well-paid (he is), and I've never said he isn't an above-average NHL player (again, he is). But he is NOT an elite-level NHL player. Never has been, and at this rate, he never will be.

My discussion was that he'd moved up a step in my (totally subjective) analysis and comparison of the Brothers vR. I'd think you should be ecstatic. Tough crowd to please, I guess.

If you're only impressed by salary, then here's a link to the top current NHL salaries. JvR comes in at around #50. Again. even going with your data, this makes my point - above average? Yes. Elite? Not even close. According to your criteria/approach ("show me the money"), he would qualify as a better player than some of the following NHL forwards:

* David Pastrnak
                          * Brad Marchand
                          * Nathan MacKinnon
                          * Dylan Larkin
                          * Cam Atkinson
                          * Johnny Gaudreau

https://www.hockey-reference.com/fri...l_salaries.cgi

I could go on, but a half-dozen guys not too far behind on salary who are all better players speaks for itself.

Anyway, the answers to my quick quiz appear below …

(HINT - the answer to #1 and #2 is the same guy) Paul Holmgren
                          The thoroughly average Luke Schenn
                          Brian Burke
                          Mike Babcock, Lou Lamoriello and Brendan Shanahan - all of whom have won Cup rings
                          Ron Hextall

As I said earlier, I think you'll find the answers to #5 more impressive than the rest. Make of it what you will.

Over to you, Mr. Hextall …
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Sorry that I did not get around to answering your quiz questions until too late, Chuck.

Here is a quiz question related to JvR's 2007 NHL draft compatriots. Patrick Kane was the only one chosen ahead of JvR and leads the entire draft group in scoring by a wide margin. JvR is ninth in scoring from that group. Who is second? Hint: he was drafted 129th in the fifth round.

Comment

There are several people not posting on this board with season ticket issues. There has been turn over in the ticketing department. So far issues are being resolved.
                              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Sorry that I did not get around to answering your quiz questions until too late, Chuck.

Here is a quiz question related to JvR's 2007 NHL draft compatriots. Patrick Kane was the only one chosen ahead of JvR and leads the entire draft group in scoring by a wide margin. JvR is ninth in scoring from that group. Who is second? Hint: he was drafted 129th in the fifth round.
                                I’m pretty sure that is Jamie Benn - with he and Kane the only ones scoring notably more than JVR - making ‘bust’ talk entirely foolish. If there is a bust from that first round it’s the Bruins pick, who’s name escapes me currently...

No one has ever claimed JVR’s ‘elite’, rather that he’s very good and very productive - which he is, scoring at a 25-30 goal pace again and again and again. When Babcock and Shanahan accomplish something notable within the current decade or advance past the first round of the playoffs (for the first time) with their current organization then we can discuss whether or not the financial decision they made, in a salary cap era, on a player they would have happily kept if they could have afforded to do so can be construed as gospel...

Until then we could probably just skip another lecture on the perceived meaning of ‘very good’ and why other good players existing in the league Is some sort of personal short coming for JVR...

That poor, cursed third-liner is likely going to blow past 15 years in the league, 300 goals, 500 points and make more than 50 million in NHL salary alone, while representing Team USA more than ten times before his time is up...

That’s a lot of evidence to the contrary so I guess I can understand why one would need to be loud and repetitive when trying to ‘prove’ that he’s not very good, rather not quite almost very good (assuming there’s any good reason for caring to try to ‘prove’ that I’m the first place)...

Reality is he ‘only’ scored 74 points in 67 games at UNH instead of a potential 250 points in 140 games (with a Natty) and some people will never forgive him...
                                Live Free or Die!!
                                Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                                X