Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Season?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    I'd have to agree with this assessment of the Golden Knights (noticed their fans called them 'tech' if I have that right...lots of engineers!) but thought ND was lucky to get out of that one until they woke up. Wasn't real impressed with them but hey they are moving on. Thinking it will be as you say, a better game match up tonight, but I'm thinking that if UMass brings their A game, they are 'shuffling off to Buffalo".
    Clarkson had a plan and executed it pretty well. No single player stood out, but the team had it together. Playing virtually the first half of the third period down a man was tough. I didn't see the hit, maybe it was a good call, but losing Sturm for the game hurt.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
      Clarkson had a plan and executed it pretty well. No single player stood out, but the team had it together. Playing virtually the first half of the third period down a man was tough. I didn't see the hit, maybe it was a good call, but losing Sturm for the game hurt.
      We were sitting near their tunnel it was tough to see him leave amd I’d agree it made a big difference. Really thought they played a much better game than the Irish and man they had a lot of size. On your other post can’t imagine there’s much revenue for the U to be had...with the lousy attendance. Agree would have preferred the match ups in Providence today! (And yep less of the Irish) Guess I’m rooting for UMass...and NU in the other one.

We have to get into the thick of things...sooner than later!
      Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-30-2019, 01:25 PM.
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        We were sitting near their tunnel it was tough to see him leave amd I’d agree it made a big difference. Really thought they played a much better game than the Irish and man they had a lot of size. On your other post can’t imagine there’s much revenue for the U to be had...with the lousy attendance. Agree would have preferred the match ups in Providence today! (And yep less of the Irish) Guess I’m rooting for UMass...and NU in the other one.

Yes (sigh) and YES! If the Irish win today, they will rename it the Notre Dame Quarterfinal Invitational.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

Last I looked, PC was tied with Mankato 3-3 late in second.

Hoping for another upset like St Clown getting buzzed yesterday by AIC.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Last I looked, PC was tied with Mankato 3-3 late in second.
            Good game.

Comment

Eastern conferences (HEA and AHC, anyway) need to stick together. So glad that NICC no longer in HEA.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Eastern conferences (HEA and AHC, anyway) need to stick together. So glad that NICC no longer in HEA.
                Me too, yet here they are in my home town. Again.

Comment

Good game.
                  It's a barn burner with PC coming back from down 3-0
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    I think NICC is happier to be out of HEA than we are that they're gone. Travle was a killer!
                    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Worst Manch regional ever. Partly the teams, partly the timing, partly the fact that SNHU-rena is cutting costs to make up for the Monarchs AHL > ECHL revenue loss.
                      First one I have missed since they started on Manchester. The match ups didn’t do anything for me and can see the crowd wasn’t there to bring any excitement. Of course if the Cats were there I would be there in a heartbeat the Friday afternoon doesn’t help either. Do I want to leave work early to see umass-Harvard, no. If it was Saturday-Sunday might of thought about

Comment

UMass with their speed, skill, creativity, transition and waves of attack is everything UNH used to be...

Man, are they fun to watch.
                        Live Free or Die!!
                        Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          UMass with their speed, skill, creativity, transition and waves of attack is everything UNH used to be...

I know they have everything you want...and more. Wishing them well going forward!
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

And clearly, they weren't tripped up by the tournament format...
                            Shrink-The-Rink, Win a Title

Comment

• Originally posted by bakchk20 View Post
                              And clearly, they weren't tripped up by the tournament format...
                              Nor did the lack of postseason winning experience seem to hinder the Minutewagon. And, to think that we had them on the ropes, up 3-0 through almost two periods in game 1 of the quarters in their own barn.

Comment

Yeah, I guess "they ain't scared" now.

Just two years ago, the Minutemen finished 5-29-2. Now they are in the Frozen Four. Un. Believe. Able.
                                UNH

Comment

Working...
                                X