Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Season?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

Originally posted by Darius View Post
    Men’s Hockey Announces Team Awards: https://unhwildcats.com/news/2019/4/...E3PqEXo3jWPDyY
    Could have gotten pretty sweet odds on the chances of both Gildon and Robinson getting shut out of the awards, while Engaras and Lazzaro each cashed in.

Happy to see Nazarian getting his due. The UMass series did take a drastic turn once he went out.

Coincidence with the timing of this release? Not.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      Coincidence with the timing of this release? Not.
      Ask and you shall receive.
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

All I wanna know is who gave Joe Lazzaro an A- in a course to sink his would be 4.00 in EE? Trivia question: Who was the last UNH hockey player with a career 4.00?

Also, which fans and when voted on the Frank Halbert Fan Award? Liam Blackburn a great choice, I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          All I wanna know is who gave Joe Lazzaro an A- in a course to sink his would be 4.00 in EE? Trivia question: Who was the last UNH hockey player with a career 4.00?

Also, which fans and when voted on the Frank Halbert Fan Award? Liam Blackburn a great choice, I think.
          TvR?
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

My guess would be Brad Flaishans...
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
              Yeah, he's starting out like the person about whom we (at BU) said "Why is HE leaving early?" I'll reserve judgment for now...
              Yup, looking like the Bruins are happy with their Donato for Coyle trade, at least for tonight anyway. :-)

Comment

Yup, looking like the Bruins are happy with their Donato for Coyle trade, at least for tonight anyway. :-)
                How ‘bout that Charlie Coyle? I met him 2 summers ago at the CommAve Classic at BU...had my pic taken with him. Told him I was a UNH hockey fan and he said “I’m sorry”. Then he said “ I hope they come through for you”. 😉
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Didn't want to let too much time pass before posting my condolences on the loss of John "Hondo" Havlicek, who was one of my sports heroes back in the '70's. Back during a time (probably the only time) when the Celts-Knicks was THE prime Boston vs. NY sports rivalry, Havlicek was the go-to guy for those teams, and was pretty much the last on-court holdover from the Russell era (excluding head coach Tommy Heinsohn). Havlicek could run forever, played well into his late 30's, and had previously also been drafted by a guy named Paul Brown for the NFL Browns - back when they were the gold standard in their sport, pre-Green Bay.

Those Havlicek-Cowens-Heinsohn teams were always my favorite Celts' teams, and so often are overlooked these days because of what came after them. But with 3 NBA titles in the '80's and two in the '70's, it was a closer call than many are aware, and Hondo ended up with about 8 rings, with his original success in the 6th man role in the latter half of the Russell era leading the way to his later post-Russell superstardom. IIRC, when the NBA and ABA merged late in his career, Sports Illustrated put Havlicek on its cover alongside Julius "Dr. J" Erving as the most prominent stars of their respective leagues. That's how big he was, and while I don't think it ever bothered him, I always thought he was overlooked in his retirement due to the Bird Era.

I know it's a college hockey forum, but this guy deserves plaudits. As modest and humble as they come.
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Indeed. Gritty, selfless, take-no-prisoners warriors were the hallmark of those Celtics teams, which stands in stark contrast IMO to the coddled, selfish, self-centered, I'm-above-criticism character of too many of today's NBA generation. Well done, John Havlicek.
                    Last edited by Split-N; 04-26-2019, 03:01 PM.
                    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                      Didn't want to let too much time pass before posting my condolences on the loss of John "Hondo" Havlicek, who was one of my sports heroes back in the '70's. Back during a time (probably the only time) when the Celts-Knicks was THE prime Boston vs. NY sports rivalry, Havlicek was the go-to guy for those teams, and was pretty much the last on-court holdover from the Russell era (excluding head coach Tommy Heinsohn). Havlicek could run forever, played well into his late 30's, and had previously also been drafted by a guy named Paul Brown for the NFL Browns - back when they were the gold standard in their sport, pre-Green Bay.

Those Havlicek-Cowens-Heinsohn teams were always my favorite Celts' teams, and so often are overlooked these days because of what came after them. But with 3 NBA titles in the '80's and two in the '70's, it was a closer call than many are aware, and Hondo ended up with about 8 rings, with his original success in the 6th man role in the latter half of the Russell era leading the way to his later post-Russell superstardom. IIRC, when the NBA and ABA merged late in his career, Sports Illustrated put Havlicek on its cover alongside Julius "Dr. J" Erving as the most prominent stars of their respective leagues. That's how big he was, and while I don't think it ever bothered him, I always thought he was overlooked in his retirement due to the Bird Era.

I know it's a college hockey forum, but this guy deserves plaudits. As modest and humble as they come.
                      That’s too bad what a great competitor!! When I was in high school we took a trip to Boston and the highlight was seeing him play v the Milwaukee Bucks when they had Kareem and my second most favorite point guard (after Jerry West of course) Oscar Robertson at the old Gahden.

When Hondo received his 25,000th point the Boston Herald listed other 25k point players and had the audacity to omit #44 so naturally I
                      wrote the sports dept. a letter of complaint (no surprises there). A few days later my dad got a call from a friend and said they offered an “apology” and mentioned my name. Wish I had that article now!! Was only a 9th or 10th grader at the time.

Strangely not a Celtics fan but it was never lost on me what a great player Havlicek was...they do not make ‘em like they used to!!!
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

TvR gets a nasty cut on his neck but the ‘Canes beat the Islanders in OT 1-0 to take game 1! Andrew Poturalski and his Checkers beat the Providence B’s to take that series 3-1. Go Wildcats Alumni!!
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

I’m very happy to be proven wrong on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            TvR gets a nasty cut on his neck but the ‘Canes beat the Islanders in OT 1-0 to take game 1! Andrew Poturalski and his Checkers beat the Providence B’s to take that series 3-1. Go Wildcats Alumni!!
                            Pots had two goals.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              Hope that TvR does not miss any time. Cuts near jugular scary.

Pesce got an assist in the 'Canes OT goal tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by msprice View Post
                                Pots had two goals.
                                Thanks!! 9 points in 4 games for “playoff Potsy” as they are calling him in Twitter. Congrats to Minuteman Jacob Pritchard on his first pro goal!!
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X