Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

Enrico Blasi has been fired by Miami.

Diego Cuglietta has signed with the Texas Stars (AHL affiliate of the Dallas Stars).
    Last edited by Bill; 03-19-2019, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      Enrico Blasi has been fired by Miami.

Diego Cuglietta has signed with the Texas Stars (AHL affiliate of the Dallas Stars).
      I was really excited to see Cuglietta signed with Texas. Then I realized he was a senior and would be gone anyway.

All kidding aside, I wish him well. Helluva player from what I've seen him play against Tech.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Whitten got robbed. Oh well, I'm sure Damon would rather Make Laker Hockey Great Again.
        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Bull that Diego isn’t one of the top 10 Hobey finalists.

https://mobile.***********/gophersta...14009085214721

Hobey Baker Top Ten Finalists:
          -Joe Duszak, Mercyhurst (D)
          -Adam Fox, Harvard (D)
          -Taro Hirose, MSU (F)
          -Quinn Hughes, Michigan (D)
          -Mason Jobst, OSU (F)
          -Cale Makar, UMass (D)
          -Patrick Newell, SCSU (F)
          -Chase Priskie, QU (D)
          -Jimmy Schuldt, SCSU (D)
          -Nico Sturm, Clarkson (F)
          Last edited by lakersparty; 03-20-2019, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
            Bull that Diego isn’t one of the top 10 Hobey finalists.)
            I agree. Total B.S! Damon got screwed yesterday and today it's Diego.

Loggins from NMU got screwed as well.

Comment

FWIW, I think Damon got screwed too.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                FWIW, I think Damon got screwed too.
                I would have went with Whitten as well, but in defense of the voters, here are some points in Hastings' favor:
                1. He lost CJ Suess, who scored 43 points last year, was the team's top faceoff man and penalty killer, and was a 2 year captain
                2. He lost Zeb Knutson, who also scored 43 points last year, and led the team in assists
                3. He lost Daniel Brickley, an All-American defenseman who scored 35 points and ran the point on the team's potent powerplay
                4. He lost all 3 of his goalies
                5. His team this year still managed to win the conference by 12 points

Again, I think Whitten was outstanding, but it's not like there isn't a case to be made for Hastings. On the other hand, to leave out Cuglietta, Michaelis, and Loggins for the Hobey? What's wrong with the voters?

Comment

People seem to forget MSU's hockey budget blow's LSSU's out of the water and gets the cream of the crop for recruits in the WCHA

Comment

Recruiting is easy for MN. State. They seem to recruit from the USHL and the BCHL and nowhere else. That has to make following recruits simple. MN. State also had half their wins against the four bottom teams in the WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                      Recruiting is easy for MN. State. They seem to recruit from the USHL and the BCHL and nowhere else. That has to make following recruits simple. MN. State also had half their wins against the four bottom teams in the WCHA.
                      We also went 7-0-1 in the state of Michigan. We played all the top 6 teams in the conference on the road. It wasn’t a cakewalk

Comment

I'm still flabbergasted Saccoman got left off the WCHA All-League teams

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                          We also went 7-0-1 in the state of Michigan. We played all the top 6 teams in the conference on the road. It wasn’t a cakewalk
                          The Lakers beat up on the same bottom 4 teams, so I am not sure what his point was there.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                            I would have went with Whitten as well, but in defense of the voters, here are some points in Hastings' favor:
                            1. He lost CJ Suess, who scored 43 points last year, was the team's top faceoff man and penalty killer, and was a 2 year captain
                            2. He lost Zeb Knutson, who also scored 43 points last year, and led the team in assists
                            3. He lost Daniel Brickley, an All-American defenseman who scored 35 points and ran the point on the team's potent powerplay
                            4. He lost all 3 of his goalies
                            5. His team this year still managed to win the conference by 12 points

Again, I think Whitten was outstanding, but it's not like there isn't a case to be made for Hastings. On the other hand, to leave out Cuglietta, Michaelis, and Loggins for the Hobey? What's wrong with the voters?
                            The conference awards also only looked at Conference stats. So Diego had less points than Loggins and Whitten’s record wasn’t as great vs Hastings. If it looked at overall stats, it may have been awarded differently.

Comment

Once again no Laker Hockey Talk this week. What the hell?

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                                Once again no Laker Hockey Talk this week. What the hell?
                                Damon is sick (flu or cold?). Mike York did the Laker Hockey Show on Tuesday evening with Bill Crawford in place of Damon. Bill C said there would probably be no Laker Hockey Talk this week due to Damon's illness. They normally record LHT on Wednesday and play it Thursday morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X