LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bill View Post

Captains should be announced next week, or the week after at the latest.
    Any guesses on who the
    captain(s) and assistant captains will be? My guess is Saccoman and Humitz will be co-captains. I have no idea on assistants.
    Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 09-12-2019, 06:55 PM.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
      Any guesses on who the
      captain(s) and assistant captains will be? My guess is Saccoman and Humitz will be co-captains. I have no idea on assistants.
      Damon has been reluctant to put Sacco on the leadership team, he would rather have him focus on his game, and just be a leader when he needs to, so I could certainly see him as an assistant for that reason, although I think he would make a great captain.

My guess is Humitz (C), Saccoman (A), McKay or Gelsinger for 2nd (A).
      LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Who is Mitchell Oliver ? What is his story with the Lakers ?

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
          Who is Mitchell Oliver ? What is his story with the Lakers ?
          Didn't play last year, played primarily in the BCHL, split the 2016/17 season in the BCHL and AJHL. In the BC league he played in 171 games, with 19g-59a-78tp. He tacked on another 28 total points in 48 games in the AJHL. Right-handed D-man. No +/- listed, really, on Elite Prospects.

Guessing either he didn't take to Damon's system last season, or maybe he's just sub-par. The fact that he couldn't beat Anderson out for a spot that probably says a lot.
          LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
            Didn't play last year, played primarily in the BCHL, split the 2016/17 season in the BCHL and AJHL. In the BC league he played in 171 games, with 19g-59a-78tp. He tacked on another 28 total points in 48 games in the AJHL. Right-handed D-man. No +/- listed, really, on Elite Prospects.

Guessing either he didn't take to Damon's system last season, or maybe he's just sub-par. The fact that he couldn't beat Anderson out for a spot that probably says a lot.
            He was ineligible last season. I don't know the details but I think it was something to do with academics; probably didn't meet all the clearing house criteria. He should be good to go this season. Supposed to be a D-man with some offensive potential.

Comment

Flo-sports have the Lakers at number 3 this season with Tech at 2 and Mn State at 1. They have Bemidji at 4 and Northern at 5. They will post the other places and teams in their second part of a two part series on this season in the WCHA .

Comment

Flo-sports have the Lakers at number 3 this season with Tech at 2 and Mn State at 1. They have Bemidji at 4 and Northern at 5. They will post the other places and teams in their second part of a two part series on this season in the WCHA .
                I enjoyed reading about NMU's new goalie Kent Nolan (it's Nolan Kent) and how it may be a long season in southern Ohio for BG.

Comment

[QUOTE=John J. MacInnes;6840852]I enjoyed reading about NMU's new goalie Kent Nolan (it's Nolan Kent) and how it may be a long season in southern Ohio for BG. [/QUOTE

It just shows how little our TV carrier cares and knows about the WCHA.

Comment

Wow. I know the new coach at BGSU is a bit of a wildcard, and they have some key losses, but there's still a lot of talent on that team. I have to think they'll be on home ice come the first round of the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                      Wow. I know the new coach at BGSU is a bit of a wildcard, and they have some key losses, but there's still a lot of talent on that team. I have to think they'll be on home ice come the first round of the playoffs.
                      BG will be fine. I have no worries that Coach Eigner will have the Falcons playing well and contending for a WCHA crown. He was the chief recruiter and defensive coach for Chris Bergeron. The talent level and defensive abilities of the Falcons improved each year. He was the right hire for the BG program.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                        I enjoyed reading about NMU's new goalie Kent Nolan (it's Nolan Kent) and how it may be a long season in southern Ohio for BG.
                        Do they even teach geography in schools anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          Do they even teach geography in schools anymore?
                          Well, if you consider everything south of Gaylord is basically northern Ohio anyway, I'd say it's pretty accurate.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

My prediction:

1. MSU
                            2. BGSU
                            3. MTU
                            4. LSSU
                            5. NMU
                            6. BSU
                            7. UAF
                            8. FSU