Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

Originally posted by Deman View Post
    The distance isn't bad, it's just time consuming and somewhat costly. Plus, not everyone has an enhanced license or passport.
    Maybe the Chargers don't all have the proper documents, and this is a way to leave them shorthanded without the players who can't cross?

Personally, I think this is just another attempt to shake off the Saturday night blues from last season that the Lakers endured.

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
      It's $4 either way, so an extra $8 to go to the game. Canadian customs usually only has 2 lanes open despite the line going half way back on the bridge. The US side is a bit better, but just slow. Like, I've easily sat at Canadian customs for 30-45 minutes on off-weekend hours before. About the same for the US side, sometimes longer.

The distance isn't bad, it's just time consuming and somewhat costly. Plus, not everyone has an enhanced license or passport.
      Better be careful because this could be construed as quibbling!
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        Maybe the Chargers don't all have the proper documents, and this is a way to leave them shorthanded without the players who can't cross?
        Shut up, Racki.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

I think think a good idea and worth trying to experiment. I do worry about a big line-up at the customs on the Canadian side for fans coming over especially that time of day on a Saturday.
          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Let me get this straight. Fans will drive hundreds of miles to see the Lakers play away games but being asked to drive across the bridge is asking too much of them. I think it is a good idea and sounds fun .

Comment

Good points sm2pk. I agree with an earlier post that it should of been announced earlier but I think they had to hold off on it because of the possibility of the schedule changing if the Alaska teams folded.
              Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 09-06-2019, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                Good points sm2pk. I agree with an earlier post that it should of been announced earlier but I think they had to hold off on it because of the possibility of the schedule changing if the Alaska teams folded.
                Biggest concern for me as an out of town fan is hoping video feed works that night.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                  Let me get this straight. Fans will drive hundreds of miles to see the Lakers play away games but being asked to drive across the bridge is asking too much of them. I think it is a good idea and sounds fun .
                  A Venn diagram of the union of the people who travel to Huntsville to see the Lakers play the Chargers and those who'll complain about having to go across the bridge is probably 0.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

It is going to be interesting to see where the lakers are picked to finished this season. I say anywhere from 4th to 6th . Eposito is going to have some pressure with a name like that . We are going to be in Europe and so we will miss the first two weekends of play.
                    Last edited by sm2pk; 09-09-2019, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Eight non-conference games right out the gate . Six of the eight are going to be the toughest games they most likely will have to play all season . I would hate to see Borek come in and sweep the Lakers .That would really suck .

Comment

Is this month's off-season Laker Hockey Talk this Thursday or the Thursday after?

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                          Is this month's off-season Laker Hockey Talk this Thursday or the Thursday after?
                          This Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                            Eight non-conference games right out the gate . Six of the eight are going to be the toughest games they most likely will have to play all season . I would hate to see Borek come in and sweep the Lakers .That would really suck .
                            Merrimack will be a very young team. They have a ton of freshman. Hard to know what to expect from them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              Merrimack will be a very young team. They have a ton of freshman. Hard to know what to expect from them.
                              Probably lot of losing for them. Borek is probably in a similar rebuild Whitten was at this point in his second year.

Comment

A few things from LHT:

Coaches will start looking at line pairings next week.

Captains should be announced next week, or the week after at the latest.

With this being the last season for Saccoman and Anderson, they are looking to recruit a right handed D-man for the 2020-21 season.

Lots of recruiting trips this time of the year. Damon and Zach have both been out a couple of times already and Mike has a couple of trips coming up. All three will attending some of the Junior Showcases over the next few weeks.

Nate Williams, the strength and conditioning coach, was just hired away by the Vancouver Canucks for their minor league system so they need to find a replacement in the next few weeks.
                                Last edited by Bill; 09-12-2019, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X