Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Losing Lonergan sucks. I'm going to be happy if we just make the NCAA tournament this year.
    So will we.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

Originally posted by baseball fan View Post
      What is only Begun mean
      Typo. Meant only just begone referring to the former #11.
      "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
        Typo. Meant only just begone referring to the former #11.
        We've Only Just Begun - The Carpenters
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          We've Only Just Begun - The Carpenters
          Alex and Bobby?
          "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

[QUOTE=bluffrinkrat;6801

“We’ve only just begun” is obvious to me now, but I was hoping the reference was to AA—and that will never be Ann Arbor!

Comment

We've got ourselves a pretty fun showcase in November: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...c-nashville-tn
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

We've got ourselves a pretty fun showcase in November: https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...c-nashville-tn
                Thanks for the story and the heads up. That should be entertaining. It is Thanksgiving weekend, no? I wish that they were playing in Boston -- then a person would be sure of getting a ticket if walking up on the day of the game.

It isn't quite a rematch of the 2015 FF. It is the same field, but the teams playing on Friday didn't play each other in 2015. I can see where it wouldn't make a lot of sense to go to TN to have Boston teams and WCHA teams play each other just to reenact history.

Is BC hosting UMD again this year? The Bulldogs will be better this year, but then, maybe the Eagles just need a different cast of characters and will improve as well.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Replace the crimson with the fighting nurses, then you be "golden"
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Wow, you get your wish and get to play UW in the regular season.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      Thanks for the story and the heads up. That should be entertaining. It is Thanksgiving weekend, no? I wish that they were playing in Boston -- then a person would be sure of getting a ticket if walking up on the day of the game.

It isn't quite a rematch of the 2015 FF. It is the same field, but the teams playing on Friday didn't play each other in 2015. I can see where it wouldn't make a lot of sense to go to TN to have Boston teams and WCHA teams play each other just to reenact history.

Is BC hosting UMD again this year? The Bulldogs will be better this year, but then, maybe the Eagles just need a different cast of characters and will improve as well.
                      I'm pretty sure we don't have UMD again -- as for the showcase, I think Harvard is the one organizing this, and it was originally supposed to be in Florida but they couldn't secure a venue. They're also specifically making it the two east teams vs the two west teams rather than a tournament because I'm guessing no one wants to go through all this effort just for another UM/UW or BC/HU game, like you said haha

Nashville might be an even better option than Florida because it's an exploding hockey town and there'll probably be a good crowd of locals and youth groups. And I'm guessing the Preds are going to market the heck out of it because it's likely one of the first major events in their brand new facility.

This sort of thing is really for the players anyway. I'm not going to be too upset if I can't make it (as long as there's a stream...), though I'd really like to -- Thanksgiving ticket prices might not make it doable but we'll see.
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Sounds like it should be a fun weekend of hockey. Definitely needs a stream! I wonder whatever became of the “D1 in DC” event. SLU Mercyhurst for a year, then an inaugural tournament and then a year off. SLU went out to California 2 seasons ago, maybe they’ll play somewhere fun again.

Comment

Watts transferring from the dumpster fire that is the BC Women's hockey program.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            Watts transferring from the dumpster fire that is the BC Women's hockey program.
                            Something has to be terribly amiss inside the walls of the program.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              Rumors on the street that Sisyphus is moving his rock to Potsdam.

Comment

I seem to recall this statement in a previous thread...

"Lol Watts is not transferring"

And also this...

"Lol I would take a long walk off a short cliff if that happened"
                                Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 05-08-2019, 09:33 AM.
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X