Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
    It looks like, more than anything, what has happened to BC is that Maddy McArthur has collapsed.
    The Eagles have two goals in their last four games; hard to put that on the goalie.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      Goes final 6-0 Northestern over bc...
      What the heck has happened to this team?
      First 11 games they went 10-0-1
      Last 11 games they've gone 2-8-1
      They've now lost 5 in a row and were outscored by Harvard and Northeastern by a combined 13-1.

Not at all trying to "kick 'em when they're down" or anything like that, but I'm seriously wondering what might have triggered such a mid-season collapse.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        They've now lost 5 in a row and were outscored by Harvard and Northeastern by a combined 13-1.
        Over the last nine games, they've only scored multiple goals in a third of them, and two of those were against the No. 1 and No. 2 ranked teams. Do they lack motivation? Or maybe Grant is right and the top of the WCHA does suck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          What the heck has happened to this team?
          First 11 games they went 10-0-1
          Last 11 games they've gone 2-8-1

Not at all trying to "kick 'em when they're down" or anything like that, but I'm seriously wondering what might have triggered such a mid-season collapse.
          I was only able to see the third period and they had Pickreign in net so I'm guessing they pulled McArthur? Just not sure but even only seeing the third period there were plenty of unattended Northeastern players in front of the net.
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
            I was only able to see the third period and they had Pickreign in net so I'm guessing they pulled McArthur? Just not sure but even only seeing the third period there were plenty of unattended Northeastern players in front of the net.
            Neither team was interested in playing defense in this one... BC hit iron at least 3 times and Frankel was superwoman again. But that was a skunking all around, so I don't know. We looked great in the first ten minutes, so yay?

This is a pretty bizarre stretch, particularly after looking good against Minnesota and Wisconsin. I know we were down a bunch of players against BU, but the Harvard and NU games should not have ever gone down the way they did. I don't care how good NU is.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

More of the same for bc so far today. Outshot NU 12-6 but finds themselves down 1-0 after 1 period.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                More of the same for bc so far today. Outshot NU 12-6 but finds themselves down 1-0 after 1 period.
                Shots going the other way in a hurry now !

Comment

Originally posted by MrOpinion View Post
                  Shots going the other way in a hurry now !
                  That they did. bc is definitely in a huge tailspin.

Comment

OK legit questions - Who will transfer next year? Barnes? Browne? Is coach out? Is Macarthur a bust?

Comment

Two of the top players in the country leave the team because they aren't happy with what lines they're being put on or whatever and everyone acts baffled why the team could possibly be having a down year.

An elite-tier player is enough to elevate a program from being outside the tournament and in it in this sport -- see Poulin, Marie-Philip and Mueller, Alina -- and we lost two of them. I'm not even counting losing 4/6 of our blueliners to graduation because that's just part of college athletics. But rosters are built over the course of years and losing two elite players (one an underclassman!!) unexpectedly doesn't just eff up your current roster but effs up the whole scholarship allocation for the years they were supposed to be on the team too.

Seriously, people expect BC to just lose players like that and keep winning like nothing happened? It's not like someone who's been riding the bench for two years is going to be able to step in and replace 1.5 goals per game. There's only a handful of players at that level in this sport. They aren't just replaced with people who weren't getting playing time.

I'm pretty tired of having to keep quiet on these players leaving with their own personal issues while people shit on our coaching staff. We lose top players to transfer ONCE in 12 years and suddenly Kinger & Kennedy don't know how to run a locker room. Please. And these are the coaches who rebuilt the locker room from the Mutch debacle to begin win. Anyone with one iota of sense can see that this has never happened with these coaches before and figure out that these players left solely and exclusively because of themselves without me needing to post a rant on a message board to explain it.

Always great when these nobodies who don't GAF about the program while they're winning come in to give their two cents about something they're clueless about when things are on a down swing.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        Two of the top players in the country leave the team because they aren't happy with what lines they're being put on or whatever and everyone acts baffled why the team could possibly be having a down year.

An elite-tier player is enough to elevate a program from being outside the tournament and in it in this sport -- see Poulin, Marie-Philip and Mueller, Alina -- and we lost two of them. I'm not even counting losing 4/6 of our blueliners to graduation because that's just part of college athletics. But rosters are built over the course of years and losing two elite players (one an underclassman!!) unexpectedly doesn't just eff up your current roster but effs up the whole scholarship allocation for the years they were supposed to be on the team too.

Seriously, people expect BC to just lose players like that and keep winning like nothing happened? It's not like someone who's been riding the bench for two years is going to be able to step in and replace 1.5 goals per game. There's only a handful of players at that level in this sport. They aren't just replaced with people who weren't getting playing time.

I'm pretty tired of having to keep quiet on these players leaving with their own personal issues while people shit on our coaching staff. We lose top players to transfer ONCE in 12 years and suddenly Kinger & Kennedy don't know how to run a locker room. Please. And these are the coaches who rebuilt the locker room from the Mutch debacle to begin win. Anyone with one iota of sense can see that this has never happened with these coaches before and figure out that these players left solely and exclusively because of themselves without me needing to post a rant on a message board to explain it.

Always great when these nobodies who don't GAF about the program while they're winning come in to give their two cents about something they're clueless about when things are on a down swing.
                        Well Said Grant! It's difficult for teams to perform effectively with significant missing pieces. This goes for transfers, senior class attrition among other factors. Needless to say responding to the gallery that has no perspective or internal insight to the team is good to see. BC is a young team with some promising young talent that will progress and make their way in to the future just fine.

Comment

Thank you for your interest in Boston College Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            Thank you for your interest in Boston College Hockey
                            I mean, at least folks are talking about the program...

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle
                              BC has had very talented teams

Does the coach have a big influence why a player like Watts left ?

I can understand how and why she left but it seems a bit selfish and she abandoned her teammates
                              I realize I'm living in lala land but wouldn't it be great if players who entered the transfer portal for reasons such as not liking their coach or just wanting to play for a better team were simply ignored by the other coaches and never accepted as transfers? I know it's hard to pass on talent but if you somehow knew the player was transferring for such reasons (I know, almost impossible to verify), why would you want them on your team? I'll take talent AND commitment over just talent all day long.

Comment

A player transferring out of a program because she is unhappy there isn't a bad thing. What good is going to come of having a player on a roster if she doesn't want to be there? I can't fault either Nina Rodgers or Lindsay Agnew for leaving Minnesota, because I would imagine both expected their freshman and sophomore years to unfold differently. Sometimes, a change is best for everyone.

As for BC, losing Watts and Lonergan obviously hurt, but it shouldn't be an excuse for the current roster playing poorly. Once a team gets on the ice, it is about who is there, not who isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X