This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    UMaine hero Marcus Gustafsson just announced his son Lukas will play college hockey. The Alfond faithful will get to see him play...a couple times a season because he's going to Boston College.
    Lovely.

Comment

• since it is offseason, what does everyone think of pats draft? I like that the took a WR with first pick. I think DE/OLB pick Winovich is great, probably be like Ninkovich in time. Probably special teamer impact early in the season. Only thing that might have made things better would have been getting a solid TE. I watched a bunch of combine footage and highlights and I think that Irv Smith would have been a great pick. But it seems like the Pats are happy with SeferinJenkins from UMass.

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        UMaine hero Marcus Gustafsson just announced his son Lukas will play college hockey. The Alfond faithful will get to see him play...a couple times a season because he's going to Boston College.
        That's been the trend, why is anyone surprised.....if your in there shoes would you go to Maine..? Or another school that plays for Hardware each and every year..? Until Maine improves and wins....don't expect the top recruits to even sniff at Maine. AND does the influence of Jerry York and his Staff make a whole lot of difference over Gendron and Staff....

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
          That's been the trend, why is anyone surprised.....if your in there shoes would you go to Maine..? Or another school that plays for Hardware each and every year..? Until Maine improves and wins....don't expect the top recruits to even sniff at Maine. AND does the influence of Jerry York and his Staff make a whole lot of difference over Gendron and Staff....
          Looks like it, but a smart kid would choose PC over Maine.

Comment

• Looks like we are teets up for a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
              Looks like it, but a smart kid would choose PC over Maine.
              Not if Leaman bolts to the NHL.

Comment

Lovely.
                Asked how he feels about his son being an Eagle:
                "It hurts a little...not gonna lie, but happy and proud of how he came to the decision It is his ride, not mine and I support his decision 100%."

Comment

Asked how he feels about his son being an Eagle:
                  "It hurts a little...not gonna lie, but happy and proud of how he came to the decision It is his ride, not mine and I support his decision 100%."
                  Still, lovely.

Two teammates from 99 championship team can’t sell his son. Looks like Red is one hell of an anchor. Nice Red, drag down UMaine in the name of making UMaine better. Complete disaster hiring this guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                    Still, lovely.

Two teammates from 99 championship team can’t sell his son. Looks like Red is one hell of an anchor. Nice Red, drag down UMaine in the name of making UMaine better. Complete disaster hiring this guy.
                    If he went to UVM or UNH i’d be upset but BC is completely different from Maine. He obviously wants to be in a more urban setting which is his right. I wish him nothing but the best.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Still, lovely.

What makes you think those two teammates ever got a chance to make the case?

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      If he went to UVM or UNH i’d be upset but BC is completely different from Maine. He obviously wants to be in a more urban setting which is his right. I wish him nothing but the best.
                      I remember having a conversation with Lee when Travis chose Boston University over Maine. Shawn had called the first morning of recruiting, "Let me know when Trav gets up. I'm in the driveway." Many schools were in the mix, but in the end it came down to UM and BU. "The deciding factor wasn't Shawn or Jack or any of it. Travis has lived in the country his whole life and wanted to experience life in a city."

Comment

What makes you think those two teammates ever got a chance to make the case?
                        Well, that is a good point. Maybe Ben and Alfie never tried to recruit young Gustafson. Wouldn’t shock me a son of former champion game winner in OT goes unnoticed and heads to BC. Doesn’t seem likely that Maine didn’t scout or have conversations. But you must know, because common sense can often be thrown to the waste side with the way things have been run up there lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          Well, that is a good point. Maybe Ben and Alfie never tried to recruit young Gustafson. Wouldn’t shock me a son of former champion game winner in OT goes unnoticed and heads to BC. Doesn’t seem likely that Maine didn’t scout or have conversations. But you must know, because common sense can often be thrown to the waste side with the way things have been run up there lately.
                          They undoubtedly knew about him and scouted him, but he might have had his mind set on a certain caliber school and Maine was never in the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            I think Mariners dislike the people more than the place. Lot of whiners and people from away in southern maine. I’d also add a lot of them want to force their way of life on others where most mariners believe people can do whatever they want.
                            Does that "way of life" include keeping your yard picked up, paying your taxes and not being an a-hole neighbor? Oh....the horror!

Comment

There is resentment over politics. North of Lewiston believes south of Lewiston controls the political side of things. Therefore they will always be referred to as a flat lander. Despite Penobscot valley being as flat as can be. Having said this, I do believe north of Lewiston has been neglected. Big time.
                              Yup....no Electoral College in Maine......individual votes actually count!

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                                There's two Maine's...North and South.
                                It's more than North & South now.

Comment

Working...
                                X