This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    Fair on King specifically who knows where his minds at. He could still be mad they axxed cindy blodgett even though thats been proven right ten thousand times over. If Steve Abbott couldnt reach him I dont know how the guy from Colorado will.
    I thought it was more about they didn’t allow him an opportunity to bid for radio contract for UMaine sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      Because Maine plays in Hockey East and AIC plays in Atlantic Hockey? Maine's SOS this year was 18, AIC's was 50. Last season it was 54. Two seasons ago it was dead last (and they still finished 57 out of 60 teams).
      And yet, they got into the NCAAtourney, and managed to take down a #1 seed.

With their chitty recruits and their weakazz team

BU and BC bookends Maine in the HE standings, and yet both still managed to get to the Garden. I guess cause of their facilities.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        I thought it was more about they didn’t allow him an opportunity to bid for radio contract for UMaine sports.
        The Sports Zone had limited broadcast coverage at the time Leerfield Sports arrived on the scene. The University or Leerfield wanted more state wide coverage. That's when the King family did not renew their suite at Alfond Arena. That's what I recall. Blodgett may have factored in as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          And yet, they got into the NCAAtourney, and managed to take down a #1 seed.

With their chitty recruits and their weakazz team

BU and BC bookends Maine in the HE standings, and yet both still managed to get to the Garden. I guess cause of their facilities.
          AIC hasn't had a winning record this millennia, has averaged about seven wins per season playing in the worst conference in the sport against one of the softest schedules in the country. They won one game and you're over the moon. But I think you're onto something. Call the Athletic Director and insist the program move from Hockey East to Atlantic Hockey. The budget and facilities are more in line with that conference anyway.

(207) 581-1865 I'm sure Ken will take your call.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            AIC hasn't had a winning record this millennia, has averaged about seven wins per season playing in the worst conference in the sport against one of the softest schedules in the country. They won one game and you're over the moon. But I think you're onto something. Call the Athletic Director and insist the program move from Hockey East to Atlantic Hockey. The budget and facilities are more in line with that conference anyway.

(207) 581-1865 I'm sure Ken will take your call.
            And have you call him too..? Or are you just giddy when times are bad..?

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
              And have you call him too..? Or are you just giddy when times are bad..?
              I maintain an even strain.

Comment

They bid more money than Learfield and **** for Brains AD just said F U to the Kings
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                  Thats where it started. I thought Steve Abbott had it somewhat smoothed over before he had to can Blodgett tho and then it all fell aprt again.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                  43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                  104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                  3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                    It's unbelievable to me how the AD and Gendron blame the facility for Maine's lack of success. It's clear Gendron will be the coach for at least two more years.
                    This whole narrative around that we need a new shiny sterile rink built so the hockey program would somehow magically become relevant again overnight drives me absolutely nuts and its just silly.
                    Yeh sure the alfond could use an investment and I'll spare everyone what my list would include for that. There are many old rinks in the D1 ranks that don’t seem to hold anyone back. The Bruce Haas book “Great Game” has a good section in it about the different classic rinks around D1, pretty good reading.
                    My case in point, look at Northeastern, if we had their recent success we'd be complaining why aren't we getting to the frozen four. OK Matthews history and all can be appreciated, but from what I recently saw the atmosphere and facility isn't as good as the alfond. It hasn't hurt their recruiting or success.
                    I doubt many recruits show up at the alfond look around and say "nah" this place is no good I aint coming here. Don't you think the largest factor for recruits is that they are looking at the coach/staff and program to see if it meets their personality and goals for development and play time? Including scholarships and a chance to play in the post season for the experience and development this provides, must also be important factors. If these factors aren’t in place then you get what you can get.

They interviewed Makars dad yesterday during the game and he was asked why they chose UMass. He said UMass was the first to approach Cale and then they met the “new” coach and staff and was sold on how Carvel presented himself as being able to prepare Cale for the NHL.

If Ken Ralph wants to raise money to help the program, great, but put it into coaching staff and recruiting over the building. When he raises so much money that this is taken care of and the game attendance goes up then sure yeah invest into the alfond that would be great.
                    I’m actually hopeful around what Ken Ralph can do with and bring to the program. I saw Ken Ralph at a couple of the games this year and was impressed with what I saw, he was dressed well and was engaging with a variety of people and paying attention to whats going on. Supporting Red at this point is all he can do, Reds not getting replaced this next year or maybe not the year after. I hear the message to be that fund raising has to be done then we have options. We shall see how this develops.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                      I saw Ken Ralph at a couple of the games this year and was impressed with what I saw, he was dressed well
                      Was he dressed as Bananas?

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                        Was he dressed as Bananas?
                        Naked 5

Comment

• Well the guy that got his start in Old town made his way into the frozen four... again. I wonder how many frozen four trips he’s had.

Comment

It isn't shocking news to anyone who pays attention, but in the past year+ there have been big stories in the BDN that UMaine doesn't spend anywhere close to competitively in men's hockey, men's basketball or football.

At what point does the discussion regarding whether, if Maine wants to sponsor all three of those sports AND baseball (which can't be funded appropriately either), Maine should not be in Division I?

It's not like Maine is spending below the bottom of a big conference like the Big Ten.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                              It isn't shocking news to anyone who pays attention, but in the past year+ there have been big stories in the BDN that UMaine doesn't spend anywhere close to competitively in men's hockey, men's basketball or football.

At what point does the discussion regarding whether, if Maine wants to sponsor all three of those sports AND baseball (which can't be funded appropriately either), Maine should not be in Division I?

It's not like Maine is spending below the bottom of a big conference like the Big Ten.
                              All true, and yet, the football coach got his team to the final four.

The hockey coach can't get his team to the league final four.

Comment

Well the guy that got his start in Old town made his way into the frozen four... again. I wonder how many frozen four trips he’s had.
                                If only some AD with vision would have made him an offer a couple years before Providence did.

Comment

Working...
                                X