This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

I think it is time to fire Red. It is such a shame he can't see obvious change in the game.

C'mon man... C'mon!

Holding us hostage now. C'mon man!

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Really? Cause UMass seems to have done it. Providence seems to have done it. Notre Dame seems to have done it. Northeastern seems to have done it.

What do those four teams have in common?
      And add UML with Bazin

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        Might I recommend a VCR?
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
          https://youtu.be/ngw9ESJJH-k

Focus on 32 second mark. And ask yourself if he could have done more.

Then look at the blocked shots NU had.

Then you can realize one team stresses defense, and the other doesn't.
          Or, both teams' coaches stress defense, but only one team's players buy into it, and will do whatever they need to to win.

It's about character, heart, determination, and a willingness to sacrifice oneself and one's priorities in order to make the team better as a whole.

Under a certain Irish coach, Maine used to have players like that.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Or, both teams' coaches stress defense, but only one team's players buy into it, and will do whatever they need to to win.

It's about character, heart, determination, and a willingness to sacrifice oneself and one's priorities in order to make the team better as a whole.

Under a certain Irish coach, Maine used to have players like that.
            If you go back through the history of Maine hockey in most of the most famous wins Maine has given up two or more goals. You’re playing with fire if you expect to win 1-0 or 2-1.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              If you go back through the history of Maine hockey in most of the most famous wins Maine has given up two or more goals. You’re playing with fire if you expect to win 1-0 or 2-1.
              Drew, the point is to win. It doesn't matter what the score is. The point is to score one more goal then the other team. Northeastern didn't give up saying, hell we are used to scoring more than one or two goals in 60 minutes. They did what it took to win each game by one goal. You call it playing with fire. Well if you want Maine to play with fire then start looking at why and how they lose games. I want to have Maine play with fire. I want them in the closest of games at this time of the year. The only way that happens is if we have a defense built around a goalie and a team that doesn't give up and hand the other team a decided advantage in power play time. To not want to play with the fire is to say you prefer not to play in the post season. Don't keep me going because I won't stop. I am sick of this crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                Drew, the point is to win. It doesn't matter what the score is. The point is to score one more goal then the other team. Northeastern didn't give up saying, hell we are used to scoring more than one or two goals in 60 minutes. They did what it took to win each game by one goal. You call it playing with fire. Well if you want Maine to play with fire then start looking at why and how they lose games. I want to have Maine play with fire. I want them in the closest of games at this time of the year. The only way that happens is if we have a defense built around a goalie and a team that doesn't give up and hand the other team a decided advantage in power play time. To not want to play with the fire is to say you prefer not to play in the post season. Don't keep me going because I won't stop. I am sick of this crap.
                If they finish better down the other end of the ice they do win.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                  He probably could have gotten in front of that shot, but one bad defensive play dosent disprove my point.
                  One bad defensive play doesn't disprove your point. Should I spend time cutting up the video to illustrate how many bad defensive plays our d made? Surely you can see there were many...

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    If they finish better down the other end of the ice they do win.
                    If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                      Lol, BU and BC are in. Maine goes 5-1 against those teams.

Please. For the love of god.... someone stop this crazy f train we are on. We go for the ****tiest of ride and it all ends with... worse than ****. A **** sandwich.

Let's tell them what they won Johnny... A luxurious no expense trip on Red's cruise lines. She will sway once in a while and make you sick, puking slightly or intensly.

But rest assured our captain will sail with great salt into the worst of seas and then run aground on the shallowest... leaving you all stranded on a very exclusive island, where nobody lives and never wants to.

The island is your's! Courtesy of your one and only Red's cruise lines.
                      We're not worthy!

Comment

A simple look at the box scores on hockey east website shows 53 blocked shots by NU and 26 blocked shots by Maine.

Further analysis shows 12 by Maine's defenseman. And 32 by Northeastern's defensemen.

Comment

A look at the penalty shows Maine had defensemen take 20 minutes of penalties with Keeper getting 18, 10 of which was due to a misconduct.

Also that same look shows Northeastern's defensemen took 6 minutes of penalties. No misconducts.

Comment

I've got a controversial opinion......

I think that Hockey East has run its course.

I'd like to see America East sponsor hockey (Maine, UNH, Vermont and UMass-Lowell are members). Invite Merrimack (they are joining D1 NEC), UMass (A-10), UConn (AAC) and Northeastern (CAA). An 8 team league under the America East umbrella where Maine is a full member.

28 regular season games (2 home & 2 away) vs. each member.

Q-Finals best of 3.....1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, etc.

Rotate America East Hockey Tourney between Portland, Manchester & Springfield.

Screw BC, BU and Providence.....they'll survive (BC & BU to NCHC? Providence to ECAC?)

Comment

A look at blocked shot leaders in hockey east on the website show Shea and Harris of Northeastern on the leaderboard. Coincidently it shows Shea and Harris on the leaderboard for plus minus rating.

Any Maine d men on either leaderboard? Nope. Chase Pearson is though.

But we can't expose our d because our forwards are the problem. Have to score more, because that is what wins games you say.

That is absolute horse chit. Defense is what gets you up in the pairwise to be able to be considered for national playoffs. Defense is what gets you to Boston garden. Defense is what puts your team in a position to win hockey east titles, playoff games, frozen four wins, championships, etc...

If you don't believe this, go watch that 99 championship and tell me Maine won because of offense only.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Maine fans turning into uhn fans. Whine some more about the refs. There is a reason NU finished 3rd and Maine finished 6th in HE and it aint the refs
                                But if it's not the refs, Wally, the fault must be our... Right. The refs suck!!!
                                bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                                SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                                All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                                A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Working...
                                X