• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

Ice is going back into Alfond!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
      Ice is going back into Alfond!
      Looks better than last year's ice so far, at least from the photo I saw

Comment

I'm a (half-hearted) Bruins fan lately, but the Blues deserved this series. Binnington was so much better than Rask tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          I'm a (half-hearted) Bruins fan lately, but the Blues deserved this series. Binnington was so much better than Rask tonight.
          They smothered Boston all night long...Binnington was difference in the 1st period and as you say all game long...but even though not a Boston fan I really think that Rask was the MVP of the Stanley Cup playoffs....not that it would be of any concern as we all know that a Championship is better then a MVP award, but he was outstanding for the team and I just think he was the best player from all the teams in the Stanley Cup playoffs.....with that said waiting to see when Maine's Hockey schedule comes out in official form.....

Comment

Long time Maine fan and sometimes Goal Judge John Gabarra was killed in a car accident last weekend. John was a heck of a nice guy, worked for Bangor Hydro/Emera for many years and was at most every home game for years. He used to post here during the glory days of USCHO. I believe he used to Ref High School games. It appears the guy that hit his car was drunk. Johns Wife was driving and got life flighted to the hospital, another passenger was also hurt. Last time I talked to John he was close to retirement.................. worked his whole life for some ******* to run a stop sign , drunk.

https://www.sunjournal.com/2019/06/1...Xyg8ToqxWoohVg
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Long time Maine fan and sometimes Goal Judge John Gabarra was killed in a car accident last weekend. John was a heck of a nice guy, worked for Bangor Hydro/Emera for many years and was at most every home game for years. He used to post here during the glory days of USCHO. I believe he used to Ref High School games. It appears the guy that hit his car was drunk. Johns Wife was driving and got life flighted to the hospital, another passenger was also hurt. Last time I talked to John he was close to retirement.................. worked his whole life for some ******* to run a stop sign , drunk.

Absolutely horrible. Thanks for posting and may he Rest In Peace.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post

Was e-mailed about this by a friend through hockey...awful news.

Comment

John was a smiling face and he and his wife friends of ours for years. It's devastating news and we are heartbroken. John was dedicated to U.Maine and not only was he a goal judge back in the day he also was on the chain gang for football games. Last time I saw him was in the Alfond, and yes he talked about being close to retirement and looking forward to spending more time at his cottage. Senseless loss, I know the next time we are up for a game I am really going to miss seeing him. Thanks for posting, the hockey community should know about his loss and his dedication over the years.
                  Last edited by BobF; 06-19-2019, 11:02 AM.

Comment

I am sorry to hear this. My condolences to his family and friends.

Comment

Condolences to all who knew him...very sorry for your loss.
                      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

The Black Bears will head to the Mullins Center to take on the Minutemen the 6th and 7th of December.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                          The Black Bears will head to the Mullins Center to take on the Minutemen the 6th and 7th of December.
                          Slowly but surely the pieces are getting in place...have known the home dates or what has been thought to be...just trying to put the teams in the slots....hopefully a official schedule will be out soon [like the end of June..?] THANKS 4 the info..!

Comment

Ramon Jefferson leaves football team
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Well that sucks.

Comment

Saw article in the Bangor Daily News...he stated he wanted a "FRESH START"...I wonder if the incident he pleaded to had anything to do with it? Had he stayed would he have been suspended by the University and or the Football team? He paid his fine and paid for the damage....just wondering if he would have been suspended.

Comment

Working...
                                X