This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

Possible Bad NEWS for the Maine FB team that #6 Stevens may have torn his achilles tendon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      I was searching ESPN3 on The Warden's phone, which appears to push Googlers as far away from anything free as is possible. I did discover that 3 still exists today on my Chromebook, but only while employing somewhat less effort and searching like 5 pages deep.

Two questions: is there a truly objective search engine to be had anymore, and did ESPN 3 show the Maine game yesterday? Thanks.
      It will only get worse as the loss of net neutrality keeps kicking in.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        I use duckduckgo.com for searches
        I have no idea if Maine was on ESPN3.
        Thanks, I'll try it.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
          It will only get worse as the loss of net neutrality keeps kicking in.
          I have to think the same thing lately.

Misinformation, bought and paid-for, is the American way now, as is all the other BS that's lawfully spoon-fed to you via the same calculus... Bing sucked from the get-go, as did Yahoo Search, and now even Google is whoring us out.

I'd be more than willing to pay a reasonable fee to have access to a neutral search engine; that's how bad it's gotten.

EDIT: tipcap's advice is already working out. Chrome even saved my cookies there, but I'm sure they'll rectify that error soon.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 09-02-2019, 10:07 PM.

Comment

So ESPN3 is free if you have ESPN/ESPN2. At this point it is mainly extended coverage of ESPN events, like the secondary courts at the US Open or a dedicated feed to Ashe that doesn't jump over to show you what's happening elsewhere like the primetime US Open coverage would.

ESPN+ gives you some MLB, NHL, and MLS, plus a whole host of European soccer and smaller college games. America East has pretty much all basketball games on ESPN+. ESPN+ is $4.99 a month, but does not include the ability to watch ESPN3 programming, or whats on ESPN/ESPN2/ABC.

In any regard, Maine football is on Flo, not ESPN3 or ESPN+. My complaint was that my ESPN+ subscription, at $4.99 a month, gives me live sports constantly. Multiple options at any given time. FloSports has like six events for $7.99/month. That is a horrible deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
              So ESPN3 is free if you have ESPN/ESPN2. At this point it is mainly extended coverage of ESPN events, like the secondary courts at the US Open or a dedicated feed to Ashe that doesn't jump over to show you what's happening elsewhere like the primetime US Open coverage would.

ESPN+ gives you some MLB, NHL, and MLS, plus a whole host of European soccer and smaller college games. America East has pretty much all basketball games on ESPN+. ESPN+ is $4.99 a month, but does not include the ability to watch ESPN3 programming, or whats on ESPN/ESPN2/ABC.

In any regard, Maine football is on Flo, not ESPN3 or ESPN+. My complaint was that my ESPN+ subscription, at $4.99 a month, gives me live sports constantly. Multiple options at any given time. FloSports has like six events for $7.99/month. That is a horrible deal.
              That’s good to know ESPN3 is still around. I honestly thought it went away when ESPN+ came out. Do you know if Maine hockey home games will still be free to watch online this year?
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post

(Dedicated feed to Ashe was pretty good tonight. What a clinic Serena held there. Vintage stuff.)

Anyway, Maine @ GA Southern is actually on ESPN+ this Saturday, and three more RS games are on local Maine TV outlets, which are somewhat amazingly picked-up by DISH here on a regular basis... Which leaves the rest up to Flo.

I bought a few Flo hockey games some years back, and the stream was like watching radio, but worse. If they've improved the product, $7.99 for a game doesn't sound exorbitant to me, but that's a big "if".

If you or anyone else watched the opener on Flo, I'd like to hear your take(s) on that product these days.
                Last edited by Fishman'81; 09-03-2019, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                  (Dedicated feed to Ashe was pretty good tonight. What a clinic Serena held there. Vintage stuff.)

Anyway, Maine @ GA Southern is actually on ESPN+ this Saturday, and three more RS games are on local Maine TV outlets, which are somewhat amazingly picked-up by DISH here on a regular basis... Which leaves the rest up to Flo.

I bought a few Flo hockey games some years back, and the stream was like watching radio, but worse. If they've improved the product, $7.99 for a game doesn't sound exorbitant to me, but that's a big "if".

If you or anyone else watched the opener on Flo, I'd like to hear your take(s) on that product these days.
                  Lol. This is rich. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                    Ok, well if this is what people really believe then I don’t wanna hear any of this... hey jets suck. Pats rule and others drool. J. E. T. S. Jets just suck. Oh and btw UNH football are ferries.

Ya know this type of stuff. I’m sure you get the idea. If anyone else can remind us of other insults directly aimed at the Jets and UNH we should post it hear so that we have a clear list to avoid.

Like this saying from the most interesting man in the world... I don’t always hate others, but when I do it is F the Jets
                    UNH football are ships that carry people and goods between 2 ports?? Do you know the difference between "hear" and "here"? They actually mean pretty different things. Way to feed the myth that Mainers are uneducated boobs.
                    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

So it appears a former North Dakota Asst AD took Lynn Coombs place in the Athletic Dept. Hmmm

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                        UNH football are ships that carry people and goods between 2 ports?? Do you know the difference between "hear" and "here"? They actually mean pretty different things. Way to feed the myth that Mainers are uneducated boobs.
                        Well I am a flat lander now so you don’t have to worry about it... just do what you do best and carry those people between two ports.

Comment

Working...
                        X