This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

Shifting my complaints from one football related topic to another, who or what is a "Flofootball.com" and why is that the only way I can watch UMaine football tonight? $7.99 per month to watch apparently only CAA football, plus some assorted division two and historically black colleges? Whose idea was this????

Comment

Football cruising v. a Sacred Heart team that didn't look like a complete pushover on paper. Vegas had Maine -14, but The Bears are on-pace to score 60+ at this juncture...

EDIT: Exactly what Maine needed. Put the game away in the 1st half, and rested many starters in the 2nd.
      Last edited by Fishman'81; 08-30-2019, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
        You are missing my point. If Maine loses two FBS games and gets 6 wins on the season, as opposed to losing one and winning another FCS game and getting 7 wins on the season, that gets accounted for. 6 wins = death knell for the playoffs. 7 wins = at large eligible. Play easier non-conference games. Strength of schedule is a non-factor.
        Is there a 7-win cliff in FCS football? I honestly don't know.

Comment

Shifting my complaints from one football related topic to another, who or what is a "Flofootball.com" and why is that the only way I can watch UMaine football tonight? $7.99 per month to watch apparently only CAA football, plus some assorted division two and historically black colleges? Whose idea was this????
          Not to ramble-on, but Flo sports are pretty cheap, even if the stream sometimes stutters...

(Just don't bother if you live in Possum Butt, NY, and have to rely on DISH for your internet. One game will exhaust half of your measly 15 gigs of usage for the month.)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            Not to ramble-on, but Flo sports are pretty cheap, even if the stream sometimes stutters...

(Just don't bother if you live in Possum Butt, NY, and have to rely on DISH for your internet. One game will exhaust half of your measly 15 gigs of usage for the month.)
            ESPN+ is $5/month for 100 times the content.

Comment

ESPN+ is $5/month for 100 times the content.
              I watch Maine sports all the time on Watch ESPN, and it's "free" if you are already buying ESPN on cable or satellite.

Are you saying that ESPN+ is a stand-alone service for 5 bucks a month? Sounds too good to be true.

I've read that the ESPN "family" of networks is the single biggest expense in one's TV bill, and that Disney strong-arms all the providers to include that programming, even if the subscribers of same never watch a minute of it.

EDIT: AMC had it right. Watch ESPN is no longer free to subscribers of the Mother Ship, as it was in the past football season. So they can go pound sand. They'll not get another dime from me, just as a matter of principle.

The more technology advances, the better it is at screwing you.
              Last edited by Fishman'81; 08-31-2019, 08:32 PM.

Comment

That was a clinic. Awesome to see. I can remember a few years they opened with brutal losses to like Monmouth to Bryant after playoffs so while Sacred Heart stinks I’m still encouraged. They did exaxtly what they were supposes to.

Maybe 2 crap fbs games pay more than 1 real good one? They havent played a power 5 team since 2016 and havent played a legit top 25 one (sorry BC and Uconn dont count) since 2013

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Watch ESPN (ESPN3) is still free. I use it to watch tennis and the college hockey tournament without all the announcer bluster.

ESPN+ is where you'll find almost all non-live content now, including all the 30 for 30 docs. It also features international football, MLB and a ton of college sports. It does cost $5/month. When Disney+ starts in November there will be a package of that, ESPN+ and Hulu for $12.99/month.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                    That was a clinic. Awesome to see. I can remember a few years they opened with brutal losses to like Monmouth to Bryant after playoffs so while Sacred Heart stinks I’m still encouraged. They did exaxtly what they were supposes to.

Maybe 2 crap fbs games pay more than 1 real good one? They havent played a power 5 team since 2016 and havent played a legit top 25 one (sorry BC and Uconn dont count) since 2013
                    Ferguson was WICKED sharp and he looked healthy and in the zone...no matter who he played Friday he was on top of his game...wide outs played well...running game will also be needed to take some pressure off Ferguson....D played well...BUT AGAIN...too many DUMB penalty's...especially after the play(personal fouls/and over 130 yards penalized). Big worry with injury on #6 Stevens...I didn't like the way it looked and how he looked when going off the field...he's a special player and a key cog for Maine...hoping just something that a little time off will be the answer. Next Weeks opponent Georgia Southern took a PAY-DAY beating at the hands of SEC power LSU, 55-3. Should be interesting down @ GSU...IIRC they are a option play offensive team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                      Ferguson was WICKED sharp and he looked healthy and in the zone...no matter who he played Friday he was on top of his game...wide outs played well...running game will also be needed to take some pressure off Ferguson....D played well...BUT AGAIN...too many DUMB penalty's...especially after the play(personal fouls/and over 130 yards penalized). Big worry with injury on #6 Stevens...I didn't like the way it looked and how he looked when going off the field...he's a special player and a key cog for Maine...hoping just something that a little time off will be the answer. Next Weeks opponent Georgia Southern took a PAY-DAY beating at the hands of SEC power LSU, 55-3. Should be interesting down @ GSU...IIRC they are a option play offensive team.
                      Im no football expert, but isnt option the scheme EWU ran when they drubbed Maine in the semifinals last year? They had no answers for that dual threat QB out of the backfield. Sounds like potentially a bad matchup if I'm right, which I may not be, but still.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                        Im no football expert, but isnt option the scheme EWU ran when they drubbed Maine in the semifinals last year? They had no answers for that dual threat QB out of the backfield. Sounds like potentially a bad matchup if I'm right, which I may not be, but still.
                        Yes the option could be frustrating for Maine...hopefully they learned some from last year and make adjustments to hold off GSU...could be a head ache, but ALSO if Ferguson is in the zone he could spell trouble for GSU...either way could be both teams put up points on each other.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          Watch ESPN (ESPN3) is still free. I use it to watch tennis and the college hockey tournament without all the announcer bluster.

ESPN+ is where you'll find almost all non-live content now, including all the 30 for 30 docs. It also features international football, MLB and a ton of college sports. It does cost $5/month. When Disney+ starts in November there will be a package of that, ESPN+ and Hulu for $12.99/month.
                          I was searching ESPN3 on The Warden's phone, which appears to push Googlers as far away from anything free as is possible. I did discover that 3 still exists today on my Chromebook, but only while employing somewhat less effort and searching like 5 pages deep.

Two questions: is there a truly objective search engine to be had anymore, and did ESPN 3 show the Maine game yesterday? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                            Could be wrong, but I don't recall EWU running a triple-option, I just remember a bunch of designed runs (draws, etc.) for their very fast QB.

Also, Maine had a disastrous start with a couple of early turnovers. Wasn't their day, for sure.
                            Last edited by Fishman'81; 09-01-2019, 09:26 PM.

Comment

I was searching ESPN3 on The Warden's phone, which appears to push Googlers as far away from anything free as is possible. I did discover that 3 still exists today on my Chromebook, but only while employing somewhat less effort and searching like 5 pages deep.

Two questions: is there a truly objective search engine to be had anymore, and did ESPN 3 show the Maine game yesterday? Thanks.
                              I use duckduckgo.com for searches
                              I have no idea if Maine was on ESPN3.

Comment

Could be wrong, but I don't recall EWU running a triple-option, I just remember a bunch of designed runs (draws, etc.) for their very fast QB.

Also, Maine had a disastrous start with a couple of early turnovers. Wasn't their day, for sure.
                                Your right, and the Kid at QB was a threat running/passing the ball...and to think he was NOT the starting QB at the start of the season...their #1 got injured and he by all accounts was elite type QB also. And as you said it wasn't Maine's day...once they turned the ball over and got behind early and by a lot the day was done.

Comment

Working...
                                X