Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

“It’s a facilities arms race,” Corbett said. “These kids want to walk into your facilities and into your program and believe ‘This program can catapult me to the highest level and help me to develop to get to the highest level.’ That’s the biggest thing recruits are looking at right now. For us to be able to have those things and get on par, with not only our league, but nationally, we’re playing catch-up. We know we are. We’re playing catch-up and now this is a way for us to catch-up very quickly.”

Source: https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...the-Future.php

Where's the $20 million Shirley and Lee promised?! Empty words, empty promises. Can't go on the cheap, if you want to compete.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Today is 3 June 2019. There are 124 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
        “It’s a facilities arms race,” Corbett said. “These kids want to walk into your facilities and into your program and believe ‘This program can catapult me to the highest level and help me to develop to get to the highest level.’ That’s the biggest thing recruits are looking at right now. For us to be able to have those things and get on par, with not only our league, but nationally, we’re playing catch-up. We know we are. We’re playing catch-up and now this is a way for us to catch-up very quickly.”

Source: https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...the-Future.php

Where's the $20 million Shirley and Lee promised?! Empty words, empty promises. Can't go on the cheap, if you want to compete.
        Great article, but as much as I would like to see a new building, if we don't put a competitive team on the ice, we will have changed nothing.
        What we really could use is a President that embraces hockey. That is what I took from the article. The President of AH is a hockey fan and wants to show the world what it is all about.
        Shirley can't live forever, and our best hope, is that a new leader will be one who embraces the hockey program.
        In the mean time, I think this coach is heading us in the right direction. We should know if that is true this season. I like his style of play and he has cut down on the crazy giveaways, now if he can get someone to put the puck in the net, we have a chance to be competitive this season,
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          Great article, but as much as I would like to see a new building, if we don't put a competitive team on the ice, we will have changed nothing.
          What we really could use is a President that embraces hockey. That is what I took from the article. The President of AH is a hockey fan and wants to show the world what it is all about.
          Shirley can't live forever, and our best hope, is that a new leader will be one who embraces the hockey program.
          In the mean time, I think this coach is heading us in the right direction. We should know if that is true this season. I like his style of play and he has cut down on the crazy giveaways, now if he can get someone to put the puck in the net, we have a chance to be competitive this season,
          It's the chicken and egg scenario. Can you put a winning or competitive team on the ice in any arena, sure. Does shiny and new bring in certain recruits, sure. There are many other teams that have OLD arenas, recruit well and win. Though I do think those old rinks are refurbished, updated, and kept up well. Is that where the HFH is?

Fully buy-in that at a smaller school the pres really has to show a buy-in and not just lip service. Read an article on the pres large house and how much of the funds were donated. Who gave those funds and.....? What's the board have to say?

Comment

The board says “Shirley, Please continue to bless us with your presence (insert some crap about MIT and the fact that Bill Clinton once knew her name long enough to sign an appointment letter to the NRC here). After 20 years of your leadership we don’t have much money left, but we’ll make sure you get more than your peers - if you had any.”

Seriously, I don’t need a president that is a major hockey fan - just don’t get in the way. From the little things (don’t insist on total control of a box that sits empty 80% of the time) to the larger (I don’t think HFH needs to be replaced or even rebuilt, but after spending 9 figures on facilities for other sports, a plan of small but regular capital improvements (e.g.. the East end, concessions facilities that don’t look like a junior high school shop project, etc.) for the #1 sport on campus would be nice. I’m told the locker rooms are nice and I liked the windows on the West end, but those were about ten years ago so a plan of small incremental improvements is in order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All great points re: UAH article. Note that alumni paid for the new weight room and former players paid to renovate the coaches offices. I'm not seeing that level of commitment from our firmer guys ...but I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong. There should something (other than a banner) in the building or campus with Oates and Juneau's name on it ...and that's the job of the development/fund raising to make happen. But SAJ has done a good job of blowing up that dept. So it's no surprise that we endure zero recent improvements to HFH despite the embarrassing public commitment to the contrary ...coffee vending machine not withstanding
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...c-13848025.php

Comment

Now we need a campaign to get the ‘Dude back
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Feola and Hicks, eh?

Did anyone ever have a kind word for the work either one of these guys did when they were on the ice officiating RPI games?

Comment

Any idea when (if) Rensselaer travels to Western Michigan? WMU's tentative schedule had it as a late non-con series in mid February, but subsequent releases from other schools have proven that to be balderdash.

Comment

Today is 4 June 2019. There are 123 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                          Feola and Hicks, eh?

Did anyone ever have a kind word for the work either one of these guys did when they were on the ice officiating RPI games?
                          The only good thing I can say is that neither of them is Tim Kotyra (or Mike Emanatian, but he's a linesman, so that's different).
                          RPI Pep Band
                          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                            The only good thing I can say is that neither of them is Tim Kotyra (or Mike Emanatian, but he's a linesman, so that's different).
                            Is he from Wichita?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Is he from Wichita?
                              I’ll take “Songs from Ralph’s Youth” for $1,000 Alex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Today is 5 June 2019. There are 122 days (4 months) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X