Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Ralph, Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone here.
    I wonder when the last time was that I posted four countdown messages in row. One reason might be that USCHO has banned FlagDUDE08.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I have been following this team loosely all season. I haven't seen many games, but I am curious about the goaltending situation? The previous year, Marshall seemed to be the starter as a freshman. This year he lost the job to another freshman. Did he get injured or did he stumble? Or does the coach change his mind like dirty socks? Is it something that is a reasonable way to handle the goalies or does it show something about the coaches decisions? Any thoughts from those in the know?

Comment

Originally posted by islander98 View Post
        I have been following this team loosely all season. I haven't seen many games, but I am curious about the goaltending situation? The previous year, Marshall seemed to be the starter as a freshman. This year he lost the job to another freshman. Did he get injured or did he stumble? Or does the coach change his mind like dirty socks? Is it something that is a reasonable way to handle the goalies or does it show something about the coaches decisions? Any thoughts from those in the know?
        He had a few mediocre games and Savory stepped in and never gave up the job. It could all change again next season. IMHO it's a reasonable thing to go with the hot goalie if and until he falters.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          One reason might be that USCHO has banned FlagDUDE08.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            I wonder when the last time was that I posted four countdown messages in row. One reason might be that USCHO has banned FlagDUDE08.
            What happened to cause Flagdude to get banned?

Comment

• Originally posted by islander98 View Post
              Coach just went with the hot goalie. Savory proved to be more reliable game in and game out. I believe he gave the boys more dependability

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
                From posts on the various political threads in the Café portion of USCHO.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Do we know this?

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                  Lowell and Merrimack are co-hosting a tournament at Thanksgiving this year. Penn State and Rensselaer are the other 2 teams.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    Ralph, Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone here.
                    I check the site everyday and I am most grateful Ralph is there. I stay out of the recruiting side of things as I am completely ignorant of the process so I just follow along and try to educate myself. . I do recognize and admire how much time and effort Ralph puts in. I try and spend more time in the off season checking on other schools and how they are faring. I. E. Is RPI unique in its trials and tribulations. I got interested in the SLU coaching hunt as one entry speculated Lehman to Ottawa or Buffalo, Bennett to Providence, and Barr to Union. But it would seem no one really wants the SLU job and now the recruits are all bailing. Many to D3 schools. So, the bottom line for RPI fans is : it could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                      So, the bottom line for RPI fans is : it could be worse.
                      Hard to believe, isn't it?
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Do we know this?
                        I don't see a reason to think it is false. Hopefully, we don't play Merrimack and lower our SOS

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                          I don't see a reason to think it is false. Hopefully, we don't play Merrimack and lower our SOS
                          I meant "was it already known?" I have no reason to think it is false.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                            I check the site everyday and I am most grateful Ralph is there. I stay out of the recruiting side of things as I am completely ignorant of the process so I just follow along and try to educate myself. . I do recognize and admire how much time and effort Ralph puts in. I try and spend more time in the off season checking on other schools and how they are faring. I. E. Is RPI unique in its trials and tribulations. I got interested in the SLU coaching hunt as one entry speculated Lehman to Ottawa or Buffalo, Bennett to Providence, and Barr to Union. But it would seem no one really wants the SLU job and now the recruits are all bailing. Many to D3 schools. So, the bottom line for RPI fans is : it could be worse.
                            I had read the speculation about Lehman kicking tires in the National League, and like a domino, Bennett dropping into Providence's lap {after some relatively public flirtations with UMass and BU over the last few off-seasons}. The falling dominoes have Kris Mayotte going to SLU {as he was an assistant there} and Barr going to Union. But satellites can photograph the SLU dumpster fire. No one's rushing to go to Canton?

Still, should the Union slot open up again, why shouldn't Mayotte be a candidate? He played for them {paging Ben Barr, paging Ben Barr...} and was an assistant under Lehman. If there's a consensus that thinks Mayotte gets an interview before Barr, I'm just sayin' that he might find Union's situation to be more appealing than SLU's.
                            Last edited by fr. joe; 05-12-2019, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Today is 13 May 2019. There are 145 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                                I had read the speculation about Lehman kicking tires in the National League, and like a domino, Bennett dropping into Providence's lap {after some relatively public flirtations with UMass and BU over the last few off-seasons}. The falling dominoes have Kris Mayotte going to SLU {as he was an assistant there} and Barr going to Union. But satellites can photograph the SLU dumpster fire. No one's rushing to go to Canton?

Still, should the Union slot open up again, why shouldn't Mayotte be a candidate? He played for them {paging Ben Barr, paging Ben Barr...} and was an assistant under Lehman. If there's a consensus that thinks Mayotte gets an interview before Barr, I'm just sayin' that he might find Union's situation to be more appealing than SLU's.
                                I wonder if with the increase in college players in the NHL and now more college coaches moving into the pro ranks, will more of the fired college coaches (Blasi for example) go to the pros as AC's? And perhaps college AC's going to the pros as well? Making it likely, and perhaps necessary, for college coaches to come from somewhere else. Weber? And Pechnold came from the high school ranks if I am not mistaken.

Comment

Working...
                                X