Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
    I really hope Miller is not coming rather than Marshall leaving.
    On another note, Albany is a host site for the 2020 regionals. Why is RPI not the host like it always has been in the past? Only ECAC Hockey is listed as a host.
    It's probably because the admins at RPI don't want to do the work.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      It's probably because the admins at RPI don't want to do the work.
      Possibly. But with two ECAC teams in town neither of whom play in the building - save for one meaningless game -neither school has a claim to the building. Too many neithers , but you get my point 😝
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
        I really hope Miller is not coming rather than Marshall leaving.
        On another note, Albany is a host site for the 2020 regionals. Why is RPI not the host like it always has been in the past? Only ECAC Hockey is listed as a host.
        Did they come up with "The Providence Rule" or something?

Comment

FWIW, Neutral Zone raised Gunnarwolfe Fontaine from 3.75 to 4.00. Players get better when thy go elsewhere.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RPI22Parent View Post
            I will attempt to answer to the best of my ability:
            Nanne: he wanted to get on with his life. He got married immediately after leaving school and has since had a baby. He just was no longer interested in playing hockey.

Ohrvall brothers: Jesper and Emil went into their year end meeting with Smith together and both said they were leaving. Jesper wanted to play and knew he wouldn't play even if Dave wanted him back and Emil had to be convinced by his mother to finish out the school year. He originally had planned on leaving after the 1st semester. He did not like RPI as a school.

Tironese: he did not like Smith or the style of hockey. He wasn't though happy with Appert either. Tironese wanted to play hockey his way and only his way.

Melanson: His parents did not want him to leave. He had been accepted into the Grad school. I believe had Nanne stayed and Riga been named coach or one of the two happening he may have stayed. I do know he was very torn. I also don't think he would have gone any where but BU. That was like a home coming for him. He has family in the Boston area.

York: He felt he was deserving of more and let it be known to all. Even though he had a solid 1st semester Smith saw things differently and told him so and York backed his bags and left. He decided to leave instead of staying and proving himself in the second semester.

Hayhurst: I've said all I will say on him.

Smith is an old school hockey coach. He motivates the old way. He genuinely cares about the boys as men. He's a tough disciplinarian. His provided a lot of structure to the team. Some is good and some is bad. He is in the opposite direction from Appert.
            Thank you for taking the time on this post. Wow, that's a lot of info for you to know as an incoming parent. Hmmmm.....
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

• RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
              Thank you for taking the time on this post. Wow, that's a lot of info for you to know as an incoming parent. Hmmmm.....
              If RPI22parent said his/her son was an incoming freshman your skeptical remark might make sense. Notwithstanding the fact that R22P specifically said the 22 had nothing to do with sweater number or class year, even if they did that would indicate a current frosh (class of ‘22) or sophomore Donovan Ott (#22). It’s not clear how you concluded the son was an incoming player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by rpi82; 04-19-2019, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Well hey, at least RPI22Parent gives people here something else to speculate on instead of who's leaving/decommitting...

Advice R22P, don't get into arguments with Union fans, they will stalk you.
                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                  Well hey, at least RPI22Parent gies people here something else to speculate on instead of who's leaving/decommitting...

Advice R22P, dopn't get into arguments with Union fans, they will stalk you.
                  ...or doxx you.

Comment

My dreams of one day having a cold beer during a game at Houston Field House seem to die a little bit each day: https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...t-13781184.php

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
                      My dreams of one day having a cold beer during a game at Houston Field House seem to die a little bit each day: https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...t-13781184.php
                      Wonder when they will start to tell you what letters can be displayed on your sweatshirt?

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/k...t-lgbtq-shirts
                      Last edited by DrDemento; 04-19-2019, 06:41 PM.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Yet they're expanding the pub. The article only refers to the dorms. If the area's closed off, it should be doable.

Comment

turk181 pointed out that College Hockey Inc and Elite Hockey Prospects regard Miller as a 2020 recruit. That would mean that no goalie is leaving. OTOH, we don't need a goalie a year from now based upon the current roster.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-20-2019, 04:44 AM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 20 April 2019. There are 168 days (24 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Does anyone recall which season they stopped having beer at the HFH?
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                Does anyone recall which season they stopped having beer at the HFH?
                                I can't recall when they had beer at games.
                                Now GM Week, that's something else.

Comment

Working...
                                X