Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Today is 27 March 2019. There are 192 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-01-2019, 12:47 PM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      I fear you may well be right RB ...I'm scratching my head as to how to put a positive spin on things at HFH.....Not having much luck.
      It's not like we are the only school to be losing recruits. It's happening to mostly everyone. Check the crossed off players on Heisenberg's team-by-team list (the second page). Even the so-called power schools lose players to each other and the Canadian Jr. leagues.

Remember, for example, Oliver Wahlstrom. He was originally a Maine recruit. Then he was a Harvard recruit. He finally showed up at BC this year and now is turning pro after 1 season. (I think the Harvard decommit was due to grades.)

Nevertheless, it hurts. I was listening to the Sioux Falls-Waterloo game yesterday for Mason Klee and Matt Cameron. (The latter whom we probably won't see.) Neither was mentioned much, but I heard the names Emil Ohrvall (pronounced Orville by the other team's announcer) and Austen Swankler much more.
      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-27-2019, 08:39 AM.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 28 March 2019. There are 191 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          It's not like we are the only school to be losing recruits. It's happening to mostly everyone. Check the crossed off players on Heisenberg's team-by-team list (the second page). Even the so-called power schools lose players to each other and the Canadian Jr. leagues.

Remember, for example, Oliver Wahlstrom. He was originally a Maine recruit. Then he was a Harvard recruit. He finally showed up at BC this year and now is turning pro after 1 season. (I think the Harvard decommit was due to grades.)

Nevertheless, it hurts. I was listening to the Sioux Falls-Waterloo game yesterday for Mason Klee and Matt Cameron. (The latter whom we probably won't see.) Neither was mentioned much, but I heard the names Emil Ohrvall (pronounced Orville by the other team's announcer) and Austen Swankler much more.
          Once the gloves came off with regards to schools recruiting kids that had verbally committed elsewhere the poop hit the fan.If you just recruit the number of players you need and a couple get poached your screwed.if you over recruit to guard against this and no one gets poached you have to ask kids to play junior longer than they want to or bring them in and have a bloated roster.Tough situation.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 29 March 2019. There are 190 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Isn't there supposed to be a post season awards dinner? Did I miss it?
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  Usually end of April I think
                  I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Appert use to overbook this how was attendance last 2 years
                    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      I don't think there is one for all the community to attend this year. They held a brunch to honor the Seniors on Senior weekend. That was always a part of the annual awards.

Comment

IMHO this belongs here.

With the commitment of Louie Helsen, a '98 who must come in the fall, we now have apparently 12 Dmen: Bear, Reilly, Samec, Harris, Hallbauer, Ferner, Johnson, and newcomers Kjellberg, Klee, Davies, Babichuk, and Helsen. Did I forget someone?

I can't believe we will keep more than 9. We have heard that Reilly is coming back. Someone suspected that Harris won't. I think that Davies will defer. Even that gets it to 10 so one more must be leaving.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                          Appert use to overbook this how was attendance last 2 years
                          I heard it was about half of what it used to be at its peak. Sadly, my group of 12 has stopped attending --ending our long golf commitment ... driven away by the negligence and incompetence of the leadership. We will likely continue the boycott as part of our "Not Another Nickel" campaign. Other than my season tickets, I will refrain from further contributions until if/when positive changes occur.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

A bit of league news - SLU canned Morris and both ACs today.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Hockey writers on Twitter have gotten some leaked reports of names in the "Transfer Portal" I didn't see a separate thread on the USCHO forum, but are there any RPI players in there?

Comment

We talked about the band earlier upthread, here’s proof it could always be worse

https://deadspin.com/colgate-rented-...m_campaign=top
                                Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Working...
                                X