Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Possible Nolan Graham return? Or will they be looking elsewhere?

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        The job listing has been on Monster for at least 2 weeks.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
          Possible Nolan Graham return? Or will they be looking elsewhere?
          Doubtful, unless Smitty is doing a full line change with his ACs. Graham coached forwards. At this point anything is possible ...certainly doesn't help maintain any semblence of consistency for our current players and recruits. Another off season and another shake up in the coaching staff.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Today is 25 March 2019. There are 194 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-01-2019, 12:46 PM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Today is 25 March 2019. There are 201 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
              Critical decision for RPI and Coach Smith. Will he choose an assistant coach with considerable D-I playing experience as a forward with coaching experience who can help to transition the recruits from junior hockey to D-I while at the same time help improve players like Polino, Burgess and Zieky in their final year or will he once again take a former D-III 2/3 goaltender?
              Players today easily identify coaches who have very limited playing experience and have gained any knowledge they might have by just reading hockey books or attending seminars where real coaches give presentations.
              The decision on a replacement for Jewell will likely be a turning point whether things turn up, down or stay the same could be contingent upon just one hire.

Comment

• Originally posted by drshoen View Post
                My congrats to RPI-TV, they did a great job with the broadcast. My only complaint was having a Cornell alum doing color - his cheering on the 1st goal, and insistence that the winner was offsides was pretty blatantly one-sided. And yes, I know I was one-sided the other way - but I wasn't on TV telling people what I thought. I assume that decision is a league decision, not an RPI-TV decision.
                I thought Topher Scott did a great job remember Casey Jones was ***'t at Cornell along with Topher and Brent Brekke was an ***'t at Miami when Topher coached there and was his mentor so I think he was happy either way...btw hats off to RPI tv and Perry Leakaris they made up proud
                What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bradz View Post
                  Critical decision for RPI and Coach Smith. Will he choose an assistant coach with considerable D-I playing experience as a forward with coaching experience who can help to transition the recruits from junior hockey to D-I while at the same time help improve players like Polino, Burgess and Zieky in their final year or will he once again take a former D-III 2/3 goaltender?
                  Players today easily identify coaches who have very limited playing experience and have gained any knowledge they might have by just reading hockey books or attending seminars where real coaches give presentations.
                  The decision on a replacement for Jewell will likely be a turning point whether things turn up, down or stay the same could be contingent upon just one hire.
                  Chuck Weber has zero experience playing hockey. He was a soccer player in college.

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                    Chuck Weber has zero experience playing hockey. He was a soccer player in college.
                    When he was hired,I read a bio of Chuck Weber. He is from Buffalo area, attended U Albany and played soccer and club hockey. When his grades dropped his father told him he had to drop one sport and get his grades up. He didn't drop the second sport and got his grades up, so he did play college hockey at the club level.

Comment

Just an aside to the coaching discussion. I looked at the college signings today. There were 6 seniors who joined the pro ranks from Canisius. That is pretty impressive and I am sure they were all Smith recruits. No RPI players in the senior or underclassmen signings yet.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                        Just an aside to the coaching discussion. I looked at the college signings today. There were 6 seniors who joined the pro ranks from Canisius. That is pretty impressive and I am sure they were all Smith recruits. No RPI players in the senior or underclassmen signings yet.
                        I doubt any of our seniors get signed. None of them are good enough to play professionally except for maybe Chase Perry since he was a draft pick. However, I would guess he's not getting signed as I think he would've signed by now if the Red Wings were offering him.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                          Of the 4 I could see Wiffen playing in the “Coast” but he may still be injured.
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                            Yes, and that is something that doesn’t go unnoticed by players and parents these days especially if the father played pro. It might be helpful from the standpoint of recruiting to try and convince players he knows what it takes to play pro, but it doesn’t necessarily mean he can develop players. There is a big difference between coaching minor pro and D-I hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bradz View Post
                              Let's not forget that guys like Nate Leaman and Rand Pecknold played DIII hockey and Ron Fogarty at Princeton essentially shattered record books at DIII Adrian before being hired by P (.670 career)

Regardless of where a guy coaches or played or learned the game, it's the knowledge they have AND their ability to share It in a way that kids can absorb that matters-- just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradz View Post
                                Yes, and that is something that doesn’t go unnoticed by players and parents these days especially if the father played pro. It might be helpful from the standpoint of recruiting to try and convince players he knows what it takes to play pro, but it doesn’t necessarily mean he can develop players. There is a big difference between coaching minor pro and D-I hockey.
                                True, but we’ve won two national championships and both head coaches had no college or pro hockey playing experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X