This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 200 - End of Season

Evening, Lodge. Work was slow, my name was next on the list for Vol Time Off, and given I have a 4 day weekend coming up, you're dang right I took it. Had to make a doc's appt to renew a prescription, it's illegal to renew a prescription if you haven't seen the doc for more than a year. I get it, but still think it's BS that you have to fork over a decent amount of money to say "Everything's fine, no side effects, as long as you say I get my meds (no, it's not an addictive med)."

Headed to Rochester (MN) tomorrow for a bottle release Sat morn, yes there will an overnight tailgate, I mean line, probably starting up around 5ish. Figure I'll leave here before rush hour (90 minute drive) I want to drive past my grandparents' and great-grandparents' old houses/neighborhoods, to see what's changed. Should be a good trip down memory lane.

And then, of course, it's Derby Day on Saturday!
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      Evening, Lodge. Work was slow, my name was next on the list for Vol Time Off, and given I have a 4 day weekend coming up, you're dang right I took it. Had to make a doc's appt to renew a prescription, it's illegal to renew a prescription if you haven't seen the doc for more than a year. I get it, but still think it's BS that you have to fork over a decent amount of money to say "Everything's fine, no side effects, as long as you say I get my meds (no, it's not an addictive med)."

Headed to Rochester (MN) tomorrow for a bottle release Sat morn, yes there will an overnight tailgate, I mean line, probably starting up around 5ish. Figure I'll leave here before rush hour (90 minute drive) I want to drive past my grandparents' and great-grandparents' old houses/neighborhoods, to see what's changed. Should be a good trip down memory lane.

And then, of course, it's Derby Day on Saturday!
      I heard this a lot. It always baffled me. Plenty of people say they are fine until you get in the office and they aren't. They need a little prodding to realize they aren't. Or they say they are fine knowing they aren't because they don't want to come in. Beyond the legality the prescriptions are not available OTC for a reason. Someone should be laying eyes on you to make sure things are OK. Even if the pt doesn't care, as a provider I care about the pt (most people do)~ to blindly fill a prescription without seeing folks is irresponsible. If I do that and there is something wrong, harm could come of it. (and of course there is the legality of losing the house if the pt has a bad outcome even if I documented everywhere that they said they were fine and I have no exam.)

Good Evening Lodge!

Comment

Team Brent.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          I heard this a lot. It always baffled me. Plenty of people say they are fine until you get in the office and they aren't. They need a little prodding to realize they aren't. Or they say they are fine knowing they aren't because they don't want to come in. Beyond the legality the prescriptions are not available OTC for a reason. Someone should be laying eyes on you to make sure things are OK. Even if the pt doesn't care, as a provider I care about the pt (most people do)~ to blindly fill a prescription without seeing folks is irresponsible. If I do that and there is something wrong, harm could come of it. (and of course there is the legality of losing the house if the pt has a bad outcome even if I documented everywhere that they said they were fine and I have no exam.)

Good Evening Lodge!
          It's a 2 minute talk at best. I've had to do it for the last 3 years now. Wish there were tiered pricing for the doc's time or something. There's no exam, no anything. It's a "yep, meds are working, just give your approval."
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

It's a 2 minute talk at best. I've had to do it for the last 3 years now. Wish there were tiered pricing for the doc's time or something. There's no exam, no anything. It's a "yep, meds are working, just give your approval."
            That is bad medicine. It should be more than that.
            Why tiered? Do they pay you less at work if the thing you are doing weighs less? No. You are spending time doing it. I used to have people complain when they had to pay for a recheck of something. If it was OK they didn't think they should pay. Time is time.

Comment

That is bad medicine. It should be more than that.
              Why tiered? Do they pay you less at work if the thing you are doing weighs less? No. You are spending time doing it. I used to have people complain when they had to pay for a recheck of something. If it was OK they didn't think they should pay. Time is time.
              And my stance is that 2 minutes is the same as a 30 minute physical? Or a 15 minute (or whatever it is) MRI? At work, no matter how much it weighs, it takes me (x) amount of time to do it.

This is quite literally how it goes:
              Doc: Everything going good?
              Me: Yep. No symptoms, no anything. I'm good. No side effects, either.
              Doc: No this or that or other?
              Me: Nope.
              Doc: Ok, you're good to go.

For the record, it's Stelara for psoriasis, self-injected shot.

Comment

And my stance is that 2 minutes is the same as a 30 minute physical? Or a 15 minute (or whatever it is) MRI? At work, no matter how much it weighs, it takes me (x) amount of time to do it.

This is quite literally how it goes:
                Doc: Everything going good?
                Me: Yep. No symptoms, no anything. I'm good. No side effects, either.
                Doc: No this or that or other?
                Me: Nope.
                Doc: Ok, you're good to go.

For the record, it's Stelara for psoriasis, self-injected shot.
                It isn't coded the same. your co-payment is probably the same but the visit is probably coded lower for insurance. One could argue that he needs to ask the this that the other and then interpret what the answers are. If you were to answer positive does that mean he gets more $? The thought process is the same only your answers differ.

I am being a pi55ant. If we had a real medical system instead of a business model, driven by profit and insurance, then this would be a non-issue. Any other developed country you would just come in, do your thing, leave and that would be it. Just back from yet another conference where they say "this is best medical practice. Look at all the evidence and how it improves outcomes..... but it probably won't be covered so here is what you need to do to get the best result you can." So. Freaking. Disgusting. Didn't used to be that way. It makes me feel cranky and cynical.

Comment

It isn't coded the same. your co-payment is probably the same but the visit is probably coded lower for insurance. One could argue that he needs to ask the this that the other and then interpret what the answers are. If you were to answer positive does that mean he gets more $? The thought process is the same only your answers differ.

I am being a pi55ant. If we had a real medical system instead of a business model, driven by profit and insurance, then this would be a non-issue. Any other developed country you would just come in, do your thing, leave and that would be it. Just back from yet another conference where they say "this is best medical practice. Look at all the evidence and how it improves outcomes..... but it probably won't be covered so here is what you need to do to get the best result you can." So. Freaking. Disgusting. Didn't used to be that way. It makes me feel cranky and cynical.
                  I just watched the Mayo Clinic show by Ken Burns....the Mayo family understood it. IIRC, the last visit I had (and I have GOOD insurance) cost me about 150 for that convo. I don't even PAY for my meds at this point (directly....insurance and all). Not even kidding. Have pretty low insurance, too. I personally think that's BS. You're charging me for that? And it's not much different elsewhere, I looked around.

Edit: if I required more, sure, I'll pay it. I get that part.

Comment

Wait, visiting the doctor costs you $150 out-of-pocket? If so, that's terrible insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Wait, visiting the doctor costs you $150 out-of-pocket? If so, that's terrible insurance.
                      I also don't pay one cent for Stelera, which is $3000/shot, 4 times a year. And Urgent Care (the 2-3 times I've had to use that?): $25.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Coverage. Terrible coverage.

Nothing is “insurance”

And dr can bite it when they schedule twentyteen people at the same time. My appointment is for 2p, and it is 205, .....gone.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning Ralph!

Good morning to the rest of tLodge!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good morning, all!
                              Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Not if you’re on a high deductible plan with an HSA.

I have six-month med checks and have been doing that since fourth grade. I like them and think they’re a good idea. You need to be sure the meds are still effective and there aren’t any side effects or changes in your health. Plus, there may be new developments or warnings.

I also like them because it gives me a chance to get in and ask other questions as well. Ours is more like a 15-20 minute conversation. I’m going to ask for an apnea test this time. I blew through my deductible in February so everything is 80% off now.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X