X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 200 - End of Season

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    I called the HR Support Center and they said my manager has no say. If that's what the doctor says and the STD case manager agrees, that's it. They may not agree, and, well, I can live with that I suppose. My doctor initially told me I could work from home but have to stay off my feet. I was the one who asked about taking more time off. I know I am not allowed to work at all while on STD. And I won't. If I was going to be out for the five weeks, I was planning to WFH for two weeks after and be back in the office after that. So, now, I could be on STD for the three and a half weeks I'm in a cast and start working from home for 3-4 weeks. I'm just so flabbergasted she would say that to me. And more than a little annoyed. I want to have a conversation with our HR person, not to get her in trouble but I feel I'm being taken advantage of.
    The way some managers get more out of people is to do something this outrageous. It is so far over the line the person can't think of what to say. boss lady used to do that to me. Until, well, you know the story...

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      The way some managers get more out of people is to do something this outrageous. It is so far over the line the person can't think of what to say. boss lady used to do that to me. Until, well, you know the story...
      Managers test the water to see if what the worker is saying is truth. Unfortunately, some people milk the system. It happens. If it's gone THIS far though, that's on the manager, not you, Scarlet.

I thankfully have the history and the trust of my bosses, when I say "I can't run today" etc, they know I'm not bs-ing them. They know I hate missing work on non-scheduled PTO.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I received €10.5M from Mrs. Christine Lagarde, Managing Director, International Monetary Fund (IMF). Using 1.13 €/$, the total is now $267,450,924.56.
        I received $100M from Alice Walton (the most since I started this). The total is now $367,450,924.56.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          Managers test the water to see if what the worker is saying is truth. Unfortunately, some people milk the system. It happens. If it's gone THIS far though, that's on the manager, not you, Scarlet.

I thankfully have the history and the trust of my bosses, when I say "I can't run today" etc, they know I'm not bs-ing them. They know I hate missing work on non-scheduled PTO.
          I have seen a lot more of the inappropriate expectations than checking for truth. I had managers tell pts they had to go to work even after notes were written saying no way

Comment

I have seen a lot more of the inappropriate expectations than checking for truth. I had managers tell pts they had to go to work even after notes were written saying no way
            The last big one I had, pinched ulnar nerve, I walked in with the sling, and boss said, "Ah sh*, okay....couple weeks?" I said "one week min, per doctor's orders, believe me, it ain't gonna be more than that." What was REALLY fun about that was that it was my left arm, and I am generally left-handed. Signing things with my right hand was like watching Rob Gronkowski figure out how not to have a beer.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I told my manager I was taking 12 weeks, fully paid, paternity leave. Had already discussed it with HR, and my HR rep determined that I qualified for 12 weeks primary caregiver leave. My supervisor's exact respose was "That is great! Definitely take 12 weeks, you won't regret it. I wish I had that benefit when my daughters were born." I'm pretty lucky that I work for a company that is so good to their employees. So, I'm on paid leave until July 2nd, taking care of the baby.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Congrats!
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  I told my manager I was taking 12 weeks, fully paid, paternity leave. Had already discussed it with HR, and my HR rep determined that I qualified for 12 weeks primary caregiver leave. My supervisor's exact respose was "That is great! Definitely take 12 weeks, you won't regret it. I wish I had that benefit when my daughters were born." I'm pretty lucky that I work for a company that is so good to their employees. So, I'm on paid leave until July 2nd, taking care of the baby.
                  Hells yes. Glad that companies realize dads count, too.

Comment

When I had my liver issues, I scheduled two meetings with my bosses and told them the situation. They both were very insistent I take whatever I needed and to let them know if I needed anything. They also pointed me through all the pitfalls of short term if I had to go that route. They put up with a wholly erratic schedule for six or seven weeks while I recovered.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      Hells yes. Glad that companies realize dads count, too.
                      They are very few and far between.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                        Northeast Regional:
                        West Regional: 2015, 2021
                        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

s'upp y'all

just returned from the cemetary (sunni). colleague's father passed away yesterday. different experience there....
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

They probably stayed in a Holiday Inn Express the night before so they are qualified.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                              Twenty red lights in his honor
                              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

That's awesome. Hubby gets 4 weeks at 60% pay. I'm trying to convince him that he should be considered primary caregiver...which would get him 10 weeks at 60% pay. I haven't been at the new job long enough, so I'll get 6-8 weeks of short term disability as the only thing I qualify for (no FMLA for me).

The company that bought us out offers 2 weeks of fully paid parental leave, but we don't go on those benefits until July 1 (and I still wouldn't qualify, having not been an employee for 12 months).
                                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Working...
                                X