This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    I don't even know if we have one team or two (obv different leagues/orgs/whatever).
    Just one, Minnesota United in MLS.

They open their new stadium, Allianz Field in St. Paul, next month.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 200 - End of Season

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Just one, Minnesota United in MLS.

They open their new stadium, Allianz Field in St. Paul, next month.
      I knew about the Loons, thought MPLS had another team or something. *shrug*

The indoor soccer thing?
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        One MLS team, The Loons. I don't care about soccer either, but the new stadium is awesome regardless.
        Totally, I’d love to see a game there soon.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Totally, I’d love to see a game there soon.
          IIRC, Surly Brewing has pre-game stuff at their brewery, before the march to the stadium? Live music, food trucks, etc. Met up before a game for a beer trade in the past. Unless that was when the Loons were playing at the U (the march part I am unsure about). Surly def has pregame stuff, though.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
            Northeast Regional:
            West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                I received $37.5M from Mr. Fred Pietrangeli, Director Office of Debt Management, Office Of Debt Management - United States. (He took half of $75M, apparently personally, but it is hard to tell due to faulty English. The email address is from Brazil) The total is now $244,426,893.67.
                I received $1.5M from Ms Alice Hall. The total is now $245,926,893.67.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

s’upp y’all
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Flower and Garden festival at Epcot today. Started wet and rainy but it's turned into a pretty great day.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                      Flower and Garden festival at Epcot today. Started wet and rainy but it's turned into a pretty great day.
                      Nice! Would love to get feedback on that. The national conference for critical care nurses is in Orlando in May (so it will still be going on) and we're staying on property (the girl I'm going with is a DVC member). She's not planning to go to the parks, but I have a free day on Sunday (I passed on working with cadavers) and was thinking of doing some park stuff.

Comment

Good Afternoon, Lodge!
                        Originally posted by Skeeterman
                        Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

• Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                          Nice! Would love to get feedback on that. The national conference for critical care nurses is in Orlando in May (so it will still be going on) and we're staying on property (the girl I'm going with is a DVC member). She's not planning to go to the parks, but I have a free day on Sunday (I passed on working with cadavers) and was thinking of doing some park stuff.
                          I'd have to believe you'd really enjoy it. Of course there are characters of all sorts in topiary form, manicured to Disney standards. They've got foodie options in basically every country, along with beer options (you can preview on internet either on wdw or any of the Disney blog sites). I'm guessing you know this, but Epcot is also about the perfect "I have 1 day" park.

Depending on when it is in May, I might be able to swing up for it if it works out.
                          Last edited by hockeyplayer1015; 03-27-2019, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                            I'd have to believe you'd really enjoy it. Of course there are characters of all sorts in topiary form, manicured to Disney standards. They've got foodie options in basically every country, along with beer options (you can preview on internet either on wdw or any of the Disney blog sites). I'm guessing you know this, but Epcot is also about the perfect "I have 1 day" park.

Depending on when it is in May, I might be able to swing up for it if it works out.
                            I have May 19th free. I fly in on the 18th and the friend I am staying with is doing a 6 hour lab during the day on the 19th. I was thinking that I might get a 1 day park hopper pass and do early Extra Magic Hours to hit up Buzz Lightyear at Hollywood Studios, then my favorite Magic Kingdom rides in the mid-late morning (Haunted Mansion and the Mountains), then finish the afternoon/evening at EPCOT for Flower and Garden, and maybe get back for the fireworks at Magic Kingdom.

Or, just sleep in and go to EPCOT and not be so ridiculous.
                            Let me know if you're around!

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                              I have May 19th free. I fly in on the 18th and the friend I am staying with is doing a 6 hour lab during the day on the 19th. I was thinking that I might get a 1 day park hopper pass and do early Extra Magic Hours to hit up Buzz Lightyear at Hollywood Studios, then my favorite Magic Kingdom rides in the mid-late morning (Haunted Mansion and the Mountains), then finish the afternoon/evening at EPCOT for Flower and Garden, and maybe get back for the fireworks at Magic Kingdom.

Or, just sleep in and go to EPCOT and not be so ridiculous.
                              Let me know if you're around!
                              Isn't the Buzz Lightyear Ranger Spin in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom?
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                Isn't the Buzz Lightyear Ranger Spin in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom?
                                Apologies. I meant Toy Story Mania!. Not sure why I conflated the two.

Comment

Working...
                                X