X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 200 - End of Season

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    1992 is about the last good issue for Topps. I understood why they did 1986 and 1987 like they did. I didn't like the 1989 and 1990 issues. 1991 wasn't bad, but it seemed like they put the 1992's on a better stock. 1992 was the tipping point where everything went to hell. Fleer and Donruss were pretty much also-rans, and were never taken too seriously. Fleer's early 80's stuff is very flimsy.

I did NOT like the re-issue of Bowmans, using the pre-1957 card sizes. I don't know why Topps resurrected that brand (they bought out Bowman in early 1956, IIRC).
    I know this is an older post, but I know my dad bought my brother and I sets from the years we were born until the very early 90s. All still factory sealed Topps.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      My wife used to be a Gopher hockey fan. Then when they lost every game we attended last year, including against my Huskies, and she saw how much fun it was to root for a fun, talented team....Well, it was just a matter of time before she became a fan of Dum-Dum U.
      SHe's no true scotsman.
      Code:
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        SHe's no true scotsman.
        Correct - Irish and Italian!
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Correct - Irish and Italian!
          Also the "-man" part
          Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Also the "-man" part
            Ahem...
            Woman... woe-man... whoooa-man. She was a thief, you gotta believe, she stole my heart and my cat. Betty, Judy, Josie and those hot Pussycats... they make me horny, Saturday morny... girls of cartoo-ins will leave me in ruins... I want to to be Betty's Barney. Hey Jane... get me off this crazy thing... called love.
            Harriet. Harry-ette. Hard-hearted harbinger of haggis. Beautiful, bemuse-ed, bellicose butcher. Un-trust... ing. Un-know... ing. Un-love... ed? "He wants you back," he screamed into the night air like a fireman going to a window that has no fire... except the passion of his heart. I am lonely. It's really hard. This poem... sucks.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Good Afternoon, Lodge!

Found out the old man is staying until NEXT Monday. He wants to go to Fargo for the Regionals just to see my uncle/his drinking buddy. On the plus side, *cough cough, Rube* we are planning to go to Junkyard Brewing.
              Originally posted by Skeeterman
              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Good afternoon, Lodge!

Headed to Stevens Point, WI tomorrow to see the D-III Frozen Four. Hopefully Norwich plays two games, and not just one! First time for wife and kids to see MN and WI (landing MSP).
                Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                  Good Afternoon, Lodge!

Found out the old man is staying until NEXT Monday. He wants to go to Fargo for the Regionals just to see my uncle/his drinking buddy. On the plus side, *cough cough, Rube* we are planning to go to Junkyard Brewing.
                  Don't forget Drekker and Fargo Brewing (both in Fargo).
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                    Northeast Regional:
                    West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Afternoon Lodge!

My shoulder is like a 3 on the column shifter. Go thru the right motions and I can put it over my head, do range of motion. Move it in the wrong pattern- not so much.

Comment

*HT, season is over. I actually liked the 4pm game. Even with overtime, I was out of there a little after 7pm. I took the T back to my office to get my backpack and laptop and headed home. On my couch catching up on my many dvr'd shows. Feeling a little guilty not being up at my parents' place, but my brother came home from LA this week and told me to stay home for a few days.

Comment

Evening, Lodge. My weekend started off crappy. Got a final notice for a parking ticket I never knew I had. Blew out a tire right by my place of employment on the way home early last month, during a -10 degree snowstorm, had to leave it on a dead end frontage "road" (where I work) overnight. Towing companies quoted me a min 6 hour wait before I would get towed (had called at 6pm that night). The ticket was issued at 4am, in violation of a 2-5am parking ban (city ordinance). Even the next day, it took 7 hours between my call, and when I got towed.

Never had a ticket on the windshield, never got a previous notice about said ticket, and got a "final and only notice" in the mail today.

If it was a $10 ticket or something, fine, F it, I'll pay. But it's $47. Gonna raise some hell on Monday. F that cop. Heartless bastige.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              Evening, Lodge. My weekend started off crappy. Got a final notice for a parking ticket I never knew I had. Blew out a tire right by my place of employment on the way home early last month, during a -10 degree snowstorm, had to leave it on a dead end frontage "road" (where I work) overnight. Towing companies quoted me a min 6 hour wait before I would get towed (had called at 6pm that night). The ticket was issued at 4am, in violation of a 2-5am parking ban (city ordinance). Even the next day, it took 7 hours between my call, and when I got towed.

Never had a ticket on the windshield, never got a previous notice about said ticket, and got a "final and only notice" in the mail today.

If it was a $10 ticket or something, fine, F it, I'll pay. But it's $47. Gonna raise some hell on Monday. F that cop. Heartless bastige.

Bummer!

Comment

I was hit with a $150 parking ticket in MPLS almost 20 years ago. It was also a final notice where I never saw an actual ticket on the vehicle. As it was my father's truck and it was addressed to him, he called in. They didn't care. Just a warning. Hope it is different.

Yes, I paid it. Not my father.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X