This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 200 - End of Season

*HT and off to the Country Club I go. I will air the place out while I wait for the rest of you to show up.

(Not sure you could call it the Hockey table- when you don't show up is it still called hockey?)

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
      Northeast Regional:
      West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          *HT and off to the Country Club I go. I will air the place out while I wait for the rest of you to show up.
          That explains it. This place needed airing.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            I'm way ahead of you. Been letting in the cold air for a week!

Comment

(Not sure you could call it the Hockey table- when you don't show up is it still called hockey?)
              Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              I'm way ahead of you. Been letting in the cold air for a week!
              Yup, some of us arrived at the Country Club a week ago. I put bouncyball on one of the tvs, I hope that's ok.

Good morning Lodge.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                Yup, some of us arrived at the Country Club a week ago. I put bouncyball on one of the tvs, I hope that's ok.
                I think I'm headed for trouble: TX Tech (wife's alma mater) and Michigan are both in the same bracket. Maybe there will be an upset before the third round!
                Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine View Post
                  I think I'm headed for trouble: TX Tech (wife's alma mater) and Michigan are both in the same bracket. Maybe there will be an upset before the third round!
                  That will add some meaning to March Madness for you.
                  I still love telling the story of how my sister-in-law didn't talk to my brother for a week because sports. Before Michigan and Texas played each other in the Rose Bowl, she had asked something like, 'If Texas beats Michigan in the Rose Bowl, you'll be a little happy, right?' With no hesitation he said, "no". (Bro went to UM for undergrad and both he and the wife went to Texas for law school, she did her undergrad at UT as well). He will cheer for Texas, but not when they play Michigan.
                  My nieces have split alliance, with Aunt wT providing as much Michigan apparel to them as I can.
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                    That will add some meaning to March Madness for you.
                    I still love telling the story of how my sister-in-law didn't talk to my brother for a week because sports. Before Michigan and Texas played each other in the Rose Bowl, she had asked something like, 'If Texas beats Michigan in the Rose Bowl, you'll be a little happy, right?' With no hesitation he said, "no". (Bro went to UM for undergrad and both he and the wife went to Texas for law school, she did her undergrad at UT as well). He will cheer for Texas, but not when they play Michigan.
                    My nieces have split alliance, with Aunt wT providing as much Michigan apparel to them as I can.
                    You're an awesome aunt! It sounds like your brother's wedding was like mine: Blue on one side of the aisle, Grey on the other!
                    Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

Good Evening Lodge!

We don't have this issue of competing loyalties. My Godmum on the other hand... mr les went to the private College that is the arch rival of Godmum les. Yrs ago the 2 teams played each other in some big game (I can't remember the sport- not hockey) and they bet having to wear the other team's sweatshirt to T-day family dinner. mr les team lost- trauma ensued.

Comment

I have a niece, who, like my brother and me, roots for the Rangers, Yankees, and Giants. Her husband roots of the Islanders, Mets, and Jets. They seem to get a long well.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

My family doesn't really care about sports. My brother is the biggest sports "fan" and he's casual at best. So, I have zero issues on that front.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            My family doesn't really care about sports. My brother is the biggest sports "fan" and he's casual at best. So, I have zero issues on that front.
                            Sigh. I sometimes think the championship rings are as important as the wedding one.

Comment

s'upp y'all

Sigh. I sometimes think the championship rings are as important as the wedding one.
                              mookie almost went somewhere with this
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                                Northeast Regional:
                                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X