X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 200 - End of Season

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    *HT. Crazy game. Left with four minutes to go, apparently I missed some fisticuffs. Good to see you, les! Are we both missing the game tomorrow?
    Went to a hockey game and a brawl broke out bad blood from last night after they let everything go. Our dude blew up your dude- dirty as hell hit from behind (if the league doesn't bench him the coach prob will). all 5 of your guys went after our nasty dude- at once- so of course everyone decided to get involved. I don't think I remember the last time people leaped on each other like that. Then we had eons while the refs tried to work everything out. All with 7.5 sec left. Then after that there were more shennanigans at the buzzer when one of your guys went after someone (hang over from previous encounter?) while our guy put his hands up like the scooby doo huh pose. It was worse than the last 2 min of basketball. It was silly and that means they will call every time someone breathes hard tomorrow night.

So ?HHT, I think

I think we will be there. Depends on how things go.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      * the Big Ten officials table. Horrendous. I want to riot, but we only do that when we win.
      Rats. Glad I went to see one of my favorite bands instead.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
        Rats. Glad I went to see one of my favorite bands instead.
        I kinda wish I didn't rush home to hear the game...
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I try to take things all in stride. I was pretty crabby after this one.
          I was told there would be no math...

Comment

s'upp y'all

back in the office.
            air conditioning season started while mookie was away. no need to open a window
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              That was three hours well spent, including 1:45 on the road. Picked up two more cards from old sets (1951 Topps, both Red and Blue back, issued before Topps really got going in 1952 for real). We're literally down to a handful of sets that I don't have something from. 1934 Goudey, and a couple of the late 1940's Bowmans. And that's it.

Small show. 30 tables or so. About half of it was other than baseball, but the guys with the baseball cards...wow. These guys can play on any level. One guy there had two tables of stuff to sell. I am not exaggerating when I say he easily had $150K+ in inventory right there on the table, and probably another $100k in cards behind him.

Then I get home from lunch to see that almost all of my stuff I bought has arrived.

mookie loves annoying guys at shows to fill out his sets. obviously not done much in the past couple years, but i have back through 1969 (from 1994). have a ryan rookie so filling out 68 won't be as painful as otherwise could be.

being an arse, but after running through a bunch to buy...mookie enjoys hearing the guy say some number, then mookie offers 60% of that. (guy can always replace them ) it's a negotiation! price is only what you can get from a customer. "inventory" be dammed
              I'm not a fan of the new stuff. At all.
              hmmmm.

Comment

G.M. Lodge!
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                  *HT. Swept by Brown... that stings. But at least we're still going to the big dance.
                  And at least it wasn't Ylae.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    And at least it wasn't Ylae.
                    bron alums...
                    amy carter
                    jfk jr

bron future alums...
                    phil mickleson's daughter

---thats all mookie's got

Comment

HHT for me for the duration. The girls won their 3rd place game today. The 4 seniors don't have to deal with the sting of losing their last game. No, it's not a championship, but still a pretty **** good season.
                      Good morning, Lodge! Norwich made the D-III Frozen Four, to be hosted by Wisconsin-Stevens Point! I'm not sure if I can make the 19 hour drive, however.
                      Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

Top of the mornin' to ya, Lodge!

'Tis a fine day for a pint and maybe a wee bit o'whiskey! Slainte!
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
                          Originally posted by Skeeterman
                          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Evening, Lodge. 'Twas a good St Paddy's Day.

Comment

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine View Post
                              Good morning, Lodge! Norwich made the D-III Frozen Four, to be hosted by Wisconsin-Stevens Point! I'm not sure if I can make the 19 hour drive, however.
                              Wouldn't bother me in the least to see Norwich win it.

It was a good St Patty's Day. I was walking around campus this evening and ran across a few students that....um....let's just say that they realized that today was St Patty's day. It's their campus. I got out of their way. The way I look at it: yes, at this point I'm Old Guy, but they weren't doing anything I didn't do what I was in college.
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Wouldn't bother me in the least to see Norwich win it.

It was a good St Paddy's Day. I was walking around campus this evening and ran across a few students that....um....let's just say that they realized that today was St Patty's day. It's their campus. I got out of their way. The way I look at it: yes, at this point I'm Old Guy, but they weren't doing anything I didn't do what I was in college.
                                FTFY. Not that I went anywhere super-busy, but most were ok this weekend. Nothing out of hand. That being said, I didn't come close to the St Paul MN area. I know better.

Comment

Working...
                                X